X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 years

HSB,

It's not surprising that a Jewish site would say that the 70 years were not fulfilled, because there are profound implications to a precise literal fulfillment. Again, it was Sir Robert Anderson who observed that in Genesis and in Revelation a prophetic year lasts 360 days (i.e. 3.5 years is also referred to as 1260 days just to name 1).

The difference over a 70 year period is 350 days, so a 365 day year calendar would measure 69 years in about the same time as a 360 calendar would count 70 years. If you use the dates provided in scripture for the start and end dates for the "servitude of the nation", you discover it lasted exactly 25200 days, or 70 years of 360 days each. The calculation exalts the precision of prophecy but it does more than that, it creates a major dilemma for a jew who rejects Jesus.

The last 4 verses of Daniel designate 69 weeks (heptads) of years from the command to rebuild the street and the walls (the 4th decree, the one from artaxerxes longimonus is the only one that fits that description) to Messiah King. Again, using a 360 day year, if you count from that decree 173880 days you land on the only day that Jesus allowed himself to be worshipped as king during his entire earthly ministry. Every occasion prior to the triumphal entry Jesus said his time was not yet come. On that specific day he not only allowed it, he arranged it by choreographing the foal of a donkey as per Zechariah 9:9.

Read Luke 19:37-44 and you see that Jesus attributes the destruction of Jerusalem to the fact that the Jewish leaders "knewest not the time of thy visitation"... or verse 42 "Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things [which belong] unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes." He held them accountable for recognizing that very day.

A knowledgable Jew who wishes to deny Christ MUST deny that the 70 years of captivity were fulfilled, because the moment he admits the 70 years were accomplished he MUST also acknowledge the day of the triumphal entry into Jerusalem by Messiah King.
    Last edited by MichaelJ; 02-16-2005, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Michael:

This is digressing from Ezekiel 36, however, since you took the first step a couple of things come to mind...

When Jesus entered Jerusalem on the Donkey, it was a very specific day... you see as PassOver was approaching this day was, now hang onto your hat... "Lamb Selection Day"... the day that the people selected the Lamb to be slaughtered. Jesus the Lamb of God, arrived at the place of slaughter [Jerusalem] on LAMB SELECTION DAY!!! How's that for "Coincidence"?

History really is "His...story"!!!

Now the Lambs were taken to the Rabbi's to be inspected, just as The Lamb of God was put on Trial [Being inspected]... Once inspected for blemishes and found as having none, the Rabbi would declare... "No fault found... Ready for Sacrifice!"... Pilot [The highest Authority there, stated... "I find NO FAULT in this mam!" Jesus the Lamb of God was just then declared ready for Sacrifice.

If you find this interesting, there are quite a few of these "Coincidences"!

We, on this side of the Cross, have the knowledge that The Light of the World was Crucified on a solid Cross, causing a shaddow to extend all the way back to Genesis. If we take this light back into the Old Testement, it can shed light on things that "They" could only see as a "Bud"... [real, with texture, with shape, with life, but only a "Bud"]... We can see the Rose-of-Sharron, the Lilly-of-the Valley... We can see the Pictures of Him scattered all through Scripture... What a wonderful journey of discovery... And its open for all of us to see.

Comment

marvelous how all the pieces fit together. I read Anderson's book on the Coming Prince some years ago. He makes a compelling case for the 360 day prophetic year, and Jesus completing these times beautifully.
        While his orthodoxy may be a bit suspect, Isaac Newton also studied and indeed wrote far more in his life about religion and prophecy than he did about Physics! One thing he believed strongly was that adding the 62 weeks and 7 weeks of years (to get 69 weeks) in Daniel was a little too neat. He said it did "violence" to the Hebrew. He said the author would have simply said 69 weeks if that is what he meant. Newton believed there would be two announcements about Jerusalem, corresponding to the two "comings" of Messiah. The first was fulfilled in Jesus first advent, whereas the second would connect with His return. Newton believed there would be something incredible happen that would reconnect the Jews with Jerusalem. Of course he had no opinion what that might be, but did claim that the 7 weeks (49 biblical years = a bit over 48 calendar years) would start counting again from that time. Now we have seen that very event happen in out lifetime. In June 1967, Jerusalem was restored to the Jews, along with the entire original area of the Israelite kingdom (the west bank). Thus Newton's interpretation would suggest we look for the completion of God's plan for the Jews by 2015 approx. Taking away the 7 last years (one week) from the end yields 2008. Anyway one slices these things up it would appear we are getting close. PlumBob said he could see the end of the ages poking its head above the horizon, as I recall. Something to think about. And cheer the hearts of the Jews would will soon be languishing in "detention" camps in Israel for daring to take God at His written word.

Comment

Hello, everyone -

A couple of comments tonight -

A couple of days ago, as I was preparing for a business trip this week, I happened across a booklet I had, published by the Our Daily Bread folks, in their Discovery Series. It's entitled The Daniel Papers - Daniel's Prophesy of 70 Weeks. I've found it on the web, at - http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/ds/q1207/ I read through it last night and this morning, and found it to be very helpful in at least one regard. Not being quite so up to speed as most of the posters here, it's been a challenge to keep the various prophesies lumped together in logical packages of ones that may refer to the same event, the same time, etc. In that regard, The Daniel Papers does a nice job of pulling these things into logical units. I certainly would recommend that it would be worth the time to read through, especially for someone who feels a bit overwhelmed. Clearly, the specifics of their interpretations may not mesh completely with the specifics of someone on this board's interpretations - and of course that's not the point. But it was very helpful for me, so there ya go - your mileage may vary.

By now, I'm feeling quite saturated w/ numbers - not complaining, but I it's difficult to keep everything straight. Probably the symptoms of an over-used memory.

I was pulled up short again today by an article dated 2/15, in Arutz Sheva -
          http://israelnationalnews.com/article.php3?id=4792 The author, an American Rabbi again underscores the division of the Israeli people about this issue. HSB, I noticed again that at least some IDF forces apparently have no hesitation to ". . .pull women from their homes, and children from their beds. . ." You've voiced that you think the IDF, by and large, will not be the major player in any relocation, and you may be right, but certainly some of them have no problem w/ the process. And indeed, the secular government of Israel seems to be aligning the pieces to have the IDF playing a role, as evidenced by their sacking of the IDF Chief of Staff, prior to the start of the movements - http://israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=76997 And finally, if you want to read, over and over again ad nauseum, how firmly committed the Kinesset and other government functions are, simply read down the list of articles in today's Haaretz - http://www.haaretzdaily.com/

I think I'd just as soon drop the curmudgeon part of this discussion now, if it's OK, thank you very much -

But MichaelJ, I've got to ask you to help me w/ a post of yours - two posts of yours ago. The one ending with "19 years later (1967) Jerusalem was regained." I'm completely with you, right up to and including the period after the word "regained" - but what goes after that? What's the next step? If we're going backward, then what - Jerusalem is next destroyed? When? Ya lost me there. Pse help. That being said, MichaelJ, I notice that The Daniel Papers absolutely is in sync w/ your 360 day year.

Well, enough for now. Back to the news.

Comment

• How about a new name.

An idea just came to me!

In certain circles where I worshipped when I first came to America nearly forty years ago, they would refer to God as "The Great Heart Fixer And Mind Regulator." I thought that that was real neat, and that Jesus would be proud to wear it.

After having her delivered from death by an Angel of the Lord, it was our sister Hagar who gave God the nickname of "Thou God seest me." Then it was Hannah, another womnan who was grateful to God for what he did to her son, who first added "The Lord Of Host," to the other mighty names of God, and it interesting that the Lord Himself used it afterwards in introducing Himself to recalcitrant folks.

Now I have an idea, HSB, and PlumBob, and you folks in Gush Katif, and in Gaza, and in Judaea: do you good folks think that God would object if we poor humans would dare to give Him a new nickname of "The Hope Of The Settlers." I wonder how could this thought reach to the ears of someone in Israel who would properly and fully coin it in Hebrew. I dare to say that doing so would lift the morale of the Settlers famously.

Comment

ZionGene,

I've e-mailed the thrust of your last message to Tamar Yonah. Perhaps she will send us a good Hebrew translation.

Comment

Zion Gene: A splendid idea from PlumBob to get Tamar involved!! I will also be visiting Jewish settlements in the west bank in May. I am very interested to see how the idea of "Hope of the Settlers" as a name for God has resonated with these people. I suspect they are already calling on HaShem to help them in this terrible time. I did find your connection with the Jewish mothers of Old Testament times to be very powerful ZionGene. You and I both feel strongly that God is about to get "physical" over there. Clearly the stakes are getting very high. I would not want to be a soldier going up against the "Hope of the Settlers" in battle!

PlumBob: There may be some soldiers and police who will drag people out of their homes but most Jews in the IDF are really torn over this issue. I still think the danger of a coup is a real one. As you know 20 senior officers (colonels, lt. cols, majors) in the Reserves got fired for their position against "illegal orders". The petition circulating in the armed forces supposedly had over 10,000 signatures (and folks said you could easily multiply that by 5 in terms of support).If the rabbis crank this thing up I put my money with the objectors. To avoid civil war I think in the final analysis, that the IDF will NOT be involved in this wretched business. What is less clear is whether the resettlement actuions will come in two distinct stages, starting with Gaza this summer, or whether the whole thing will be done as one monstrous effort.
                Last edited by HSB; 02-16-2005, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Re the article in ArutzSheva: (it will never be)

http://arutzsheva.com/article.php3?id=4783

The "hope of the Settlers" has other plans than an Arab state! hang in there.

Comment

PlumBob: Here is another commentary on the IDF:

The following by Professor Louis Rene Beres of Perdue University, an expert in International Law speaks to the issue of the Disengagement, Civil Disobedience & the IDF Military in Israel.

ON "DISENGAGEMENT," CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, AND IDF MILITARY REFUSALS

A dear friend of mine in Israel, a hard-fighting veteran of all too many wars, was asked to summarize his view of the "disengagement."

"What," I inquired, "do you think of the forcible deportation of Jews from Jewish lands in Gaza and parts of Samaria by the government in Jerusalem?"

Never one to mince words, here is his succinct reply: "The entire scheme, described euphemistically as `disengagement,` is irrational, fatally dangerous, unjust, immoral, illegal and disgustingly inhumane. It is being forced upon Israel by blatantly undemocratic means, and its underlying cause is auto-anti-Semitism."

The Sharon Government`s edict to evict Jews is a clear expression of Jewish self-hatred, and it is not only the right of each individual Israeli soldier to reject this edict, but his sacred duty to do so.

There is more. The axis of conflict and disagreement between one group of Jews and another here is not at all straightforward. It is not the IDF against the "settlers". The existential danger of territorial surrender is now facing each and every Jew in Israel. Some of the very best soldiers in the IDF are "settlers" themselves, and all of the "settlers" have unassailably deep ties to the Jewish army.

Will military refusals to participate in the expulsion of Jews cause the IDF to weaken or even to disintegrate?

"On the contrary," writes Moshe Feiglin of Manhigut Yehudit. "It will strengthen the IDF morally and establish its right of existence. Real conscientious refusal will not lead to a situation in which everyone does as he likes. The soldiers who are refusing are the outstanding ones who wish to serve and make sacrifices for the nation and the country."

Moshe Feiglin is correct, of course, but the already compelling Jewish argument against complicity in Jewish deportations and the associated argument for civil disobedience can also be grounded in fundamental international law. Significantly, international law is itself drawn from the idea of a Higher Law - an idea that was born in ancient Israel. The right to civil disobedience is well-established in democratic legal theory. This right can become an outright obligation whenever a particular government`s policies run counter to the codified "Nuremberg Principles of 1946."

In Claude Lanzmann`s monumental documentary, SHOAH, one of the surviving leaders of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising remarks: "If you could lick my heart, it would poison you."

Sadly, the time may still come - if Prime Minister Sharon is permitted to continue following a "Road Map" to unilateral surrender - that surviving Israelis will someday express similar sentiments. It is to prevent such an unforgivably ironic repetition of Jewish history that hundreds of thousands of Israelis may soon need to embark upon massive civil disobedience and wide-scale military refusals.

In essence, the "Road Map" to peace in the Middle East now offered by the United States, Russia, the European Community and the United Nations calls for the surrender of territories that are indispensable to Israel`s physical survival as a state. This one-sided piece of cartography would open up the entire country to expanded terrorism (including mega-terrorism involving chemical, biological or even nuclear weapons) and to genocidal wars of aggression launched by one or several enemy states.

It follows that Sharon is assuredly under no obligation to proceed with this contrived agreement, and that Israel`s citizens are under a distinct obligation to get Sharon to abandon the "Road Map." As Thomas Jefferson recognized back in 1793 in his Opinion On The French Treaties: "The nation itself, bound necessarily to whatever its preservation and safety require, cannot enter into engagements contrary to its indispensable obligations."

In the fashion of the earlier Oslo Agreements, the "Road Map" also contravenes the binding legal obligation to punish acts that are crimes under international law. Known formally as nullem crimen sine poena, "No crime without a punishment," this requirement points clearly to the multiple acts of terrorism ordered by various Palestinian organizations and "authorities" over many years.

To not only ignore this requirement, but to actually legitimize the criminality by making the current Palestinian Authority a "partner" in the "Road Map," continues to represent an indisputable violation of Principle I of the Nuremberg Principles.

It is important that these informed views of civil disobedience, military refusals and international law immediately become more widely understood. The Israeli government`s present policies will destroy "certain unalienable rights" for all Israelis. These are natural rights that belong fully to all peoples, not only to Americans. In return, the Sharon government should fully expect to be confronted with mounting acts of civil disobedience and principled refusals to carry out eviction edicts.

If they do not respond thus, the citizens of Israel would be consenting like sheep to incremental dismemberment and eventual annihilation.

In the years before the Civil War, thousands of Americans organized an Underground Railroad to help fleeing slaves. At that time, those who participated in this movement were judged lawbreakers by the Federal government, and were imprisoned under the Fugitive Slave Act.

Today, it is generally recognized that the true lawbreakers of the period were those who sustained the system of slavery, and that every individual act to oppose this system was genuinely law-enforcing. Similar patterns of recognition should now emerge in regard to the critical anti-disengagement movement in Israel.

Throughout the centuries, distinguished legal theorists (e.g., Bodin, Hobbes, Leibniz) have understood that security is always the first obligation of the state. Where that state can no longer provide security, it can no longer expect obedience. And where the state actively avoids the provision of security, as is the case today in Israel, citizens have an obligation to resist state policies.

In fact, the Sharon government`s idea of "peace" could lead even to another Jewish genocide. Therefore, this obligation could arguably go beyond Israel`s still gentle forms of civil disobedience and military refusals to more vigorous expressions of lawful opposition.

International law, which is based upon a variety of Higher Law foundations, forms part of the law of all nations, including that of the State of Israel. This is the case whether or not the incorporation of international law into national law is codified, explicitly, as it is in the Supremacy Clause (Article VI) of the United States Constitution.

The government of Israel is bound by authoritative rules of international law concerning punishment of terrorist crimes, the prevention of genocide, and physical survival of the state. Where this government fails to abide by these rules, civil disobedience and purposeful military refusals are not only permissible - they are required.

"If you could lick my heart, it would poison you." We must never again hear such a tormented remark from the victim of yet another Jewish tragedy - this time from the self-inflicted disappearance of Israel in "compliance" with the patently twisted "Road Map." Let us hope that our brothers and sisters in the Jewish state have learned something very important about collective Jewish survival from the Shoah.

Copyright (c) The Jewish Press, 2005. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOUIS RENE BERES (Ph.D. Princeton, International Law) is the author of many books and articles dealing with international law and Israeli security matters. Strategic and Military Affairs analyst for THE JEWISH PRESS, he lectures frequently on jurisprudential and strategic issues in Israel and in the United States

Comment

I have been thinking (and dreaming) nonstop about this "Hope Of The Settlers" thing since yesterday.

I found in Jeremiah 14:8 the text "O the hope of Israel, the saviour thereof in time of trouble, why shouldest thou be as a stranger in the land, and as a wayfaring man that turneth aside to tarry for a night?" The Hebrew for "Hope of Israel" here is "Hatikvah Yisroel," with includes the name of the familiar Israel song, "The Hope."

Since the "Lord Almighty" is the commonly know name "El Shaddai," why not add "El" to Hatikveh, and come up with EL HATIKVEH. All we need now is to scout around for a word in Hebrew in scriptures, to find the noun "settlers," which cannot be done, because it simply is not there.

Then I searched for the word that is near to it, and came up with the noun "dwellers," in the Hebrew, and found one reference in Isaiah 18:3, All ye habitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye." Where it speaks of the "dwellers" of the earth, that word in Hebrew would be "shakanim" modified a bit grammaticlly to fit our needs.

From all this I ended up with "El Hatikveh Shakanim," God,The Hope Of The Dwellers. That is the best that this Gentile Lover of Zion can do, and I urge one of you Hebrews out there to look at what I did, and improve upon it. For you who know a little about Hebrew, I put Shakanim in the absolute masculine plural, which may not be right.

(On looking at the two texts which I nearly randomly chose, I am shocked by what else they say. Note where the first one calls on God not to simply give us an overnight call, but to stay with us with with your protective presence. The the second one mentions the word "mountains" which we were mulling over so much recently in this thread. Well gollllyyee!!)

Comment

Dear ZionGene: I have emailed your last post to a dear Orthodox Jewess Sondra Baras, who lives in a settlement in the West Bank. She is Exec Director of an organization called the Christian Friends of Israeli Communities. I also gave her the address of this whole discussion- I wonder what she would think of the ideas posted on it! I'll let you know what I hear from her asap.

Comment

• HSB and Plumbob

Answering 2 commentaries in 1 reply for simplicity:

HSB: Regarding Isaac Newton's objection to Daniel's 69 weeks. I am not competent to reply on the basis of the Hebrew. I can only repeat what I have heard and have taken at face value. That said; I see 2 purposes in the Holy Spirit (the true author of the book) breaking the 69 weeks out as a 7 and a 62. We are not told what significant event may have occured after the first 49 years (first 7 heptads). Some speculate that it may have taken that long to complete the temple, pure guessing at best. I can also see a certain symetry in 7-62-7 (albeit a change in the metric is required; 7 heptads followed by 62 heptads followed by a single 7). A whole lot of words to convey the obvious fact that I don't have an answer; but it doesn't bother me. If the Holy Spirit did not say this through the prophet Daniel, and if the dates have been rendered properly by Sir Anderson, then we are witness to one astounding coincidence.

Plumbob:
                          I can see why my description may have been confusing. I described 2 points of initiation which were 19 years apart. Then I described 2 points of termination that were 19 years apart. Then I again described 2 points of termination, still 19 years apart, but I didn't address in any way where the latter sequence was initiated.
                          For what it's worth Chuck Missler has engaged in some pretty elaborate calendar gymnastics to describe a possible meaning. I will do my best to relate it here. Ezekiel was commanded to lie on his side for 430 days to prophecy 430 years. The first 70 he relates to the 70 year babylonian captivity, leaving 360. He then employs a verse , Leviticus 26:18, that says that after being reproved if you still don't hearken I will punish you 7 times more for your sins. He then multiplies the remaining 360 by 7 on that basis. That results in 907,200 days based on the 360 day year. He then adds those days to the beginning of the original 70 year captivity, adjusts for numerous calendar issues like leap years and centennial corrections to leap years and previous calendar corrections blah blah blah; and at the end of the equation arrives at the precise date in may of 1948 for the end of the captivity of the nation which began at the first seige, and similarly arrives at the exact date in june of 1967 for the termination of the desolations of Jerusalem, beginning on Tisha B'av when the temple was destroyed and ending on that day in 1967 when the Jewish flag was raised over Jerusalem for the first time in over 2500 years.

The gymnastics required are so elaborate that it would not serve as "evidence" for a non-believer. But if one is inclined, as I am, to believe that God has woven his word together with perfect accuracy, and every detail is there for a reason, then it can be taken as another finger print of the Holy Spirit.

I used this illustration when teaching in our SS class. Go buy a tube of cortisone cream and you will get something like 5% or 10% cortisone. That means you are buying 90-95% FILLER (assorted fragrances, binders, perservatives, conditioners etc). I am becoming more persuaded daily that God's word contains no fillers. No words are there just to take up space between the important parts. Every detail can be illuminated by the Holy Spirit and revealed to point in some way to Jesus. We only recognize a tiny fraction of them, on our best day, and after a lifetime of study.

Pro 25:2 [It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.

Comment

MichaelJ: thanks for the info. my point was just that there are different interpretations. you are so right that God puts every word in His Word for a reason. Time will certainly tell. Regarding the info for PlumBob, I read the same info in a work by Grant Jeffrey years ago. I found the connection with Leviticus for unrepented sin a powerful reference. You mentioned Chuck Missler wrote the same thing. I wonder if either of these guys gave credit to the other. The bottom line is that what is happening in Israel today is NOT simply a freak of history, it is the working out of a divine plan. Let us pray we understand and align our purposes to it, or else we will be run over by it. HSB
                            PS I love your bouncing sheep -so full of life and energy. We need to exude the same vitality on a daily basis! God bless.

Comment

Hi All:

Speaking of God's Word being meaningful in every respect... The following Scriptures really tell a story... As bad as it gets for the "Remnant" when compared to what He does to Ishmael, Esau, and the Daughters of Lot... they do come through because of Him!!!
                              =================
                              What does Scripture say?

Zep 2:3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

Zep 2:4-10 For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up. Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the LORD is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant. And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks. And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the LORD their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity. I have heard the reproach of Moab, and the revilings of the children of Ammon, whereby they have reproached my people, and magnified themselves against their border. Therefore as I live, saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Surely Moab shall be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, even the breeding of nettles, and saltpits, and a perpetual desolation: the residue of my people shall spoil them, and the remnant of my people shall possess them. This shall they have for their pride, because they have reproached and magnified themselves against the people of the LORD of hosts.
                              It appears to me that both Gaza and Jordan are being addressed here!!! Not healthy for Non-Israelites!!!
                              There is more…
                              ESAU… Gen 27:38-41 And Esau said unto his father, Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father. And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept. And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above; And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck. And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob. [Jacob’s name was changed by God to… ISRAEL! ESAU is still trying to kill ISRAEL!!!]
                              ISHMAEL… Gen 16:9-12 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands. And the angel of the LORD said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude. And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
                              LOT’S TWO DAUGHTERS… Gen 19:36-38 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day. And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.

Real Trouble… Isa 34:5-15 For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment. The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea. And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion. And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch. It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever. But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness. They shall call the nobles thereof to the kingdom, but none shall be there, and all her princes shall be nothing. And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls. The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest. There shall the great owl make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and gather under her shadow: there shall the vultures also be gathered, every one with her mate. Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them. And he hath cast the lot for them, and his hand hath divided it unto them by line: they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.

And the final Picture… Rev. The Angel placed one foot on the sea [Mediterranean], and one foot on the Land [Jordan – made up of Edomites, Moabites, Ammonites; and Syria]
                              JORDAN… Jer 49:7-22 Concerning Edom, thus saith the LORD of hosts; Is wisdom no more in Teman? is counsel perished from the prudent? is their wisdom vanished? Flee ye, turn back, dwell deep, O inhabitants of Dedan; for I will bring the calamity of Esau upon him, the time that I will visit him. If grape gatherers come to thee, would they not leave some gleaning grapes? if thieves by night, they will destroy till they have enough. But I have made Esau bare, I have uncovered his secret places, and he shall not be able to hide himself: his seed is spoiled, and his brethren, and his neighbours, and he is not. Leave thy fatherless children, I will preserve them alive; and let thy widows trust in me. For thus saith the LORD; Behold, they whose judgment was not to drink of the cup have assuredly drunken; and art thou he that shall altogether go unpunished? thou shalt not go unpunished, but thou shalt surely drink of it. For I have sworn by myself, saith the LORD, that Bozrah shall become a desolation, a reproach, a waste, and a curse; and all the cities thereof shall be perpetual wastes. I have heard a rumour from the LORD, and an ambassador is sent unto the heathen, saying, Gather ye together, and come against her, and rise up to the battle. For, lo, I will make thee small among the heathen, and despised among men. Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the LORD. Also Edom shall be a desolation: every one that goeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss at all the plagues thereof. As in the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour cities thereof, saith the LORD, no man shall abide there, neither shall a son of man dwell in it. Behold, he shall come up like a lion from the swelling of Jordan against the habitation of the strong: but I will suddenly make him run away from her: and who is a chosen man, that I may appoint over her? for who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepherd that will stand before me? Therefore hear the counsel of the LORD, that he hath taken against Edom; and his purposes, that he hath purposed against the inhabitants of Teman: Surely the least of the flock shall draw them out: surely he shall make their habitations desolate with them. The earth is moved at the noise of their fall, at the cry the noise thereof was heard in the Red sea. Behold, he shall come up and fly as the eagle, and spread his wings over Bozrah: and at that day shall the heart of the mighty men of Edom be as the heart of a woman in her pangs.

More on my next Message...
                              Last edited by Don Brooks; 02-17-2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Hi Again:

And here is the rest of the story...
                                ==================

SYRIA… Jer 49:23-27 Concerning Damascus. Hamath is confounded, and Arpad: for they have heard evil tidings: they are fainthearted; there is sorrow on the sea; it cannot be quiet. Damascus is waxed feeble, and turneth herself to flee, and fear hath seized on her: anguish and sorrows have taken her, as a woman in travail. How is the city of praise not left, the city of my joy! Therefore her young men shall fall in her streets, and all the men of war shall be cut off in that day, saith the LORD of hosts. And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall consume the palaces of Benhadad.

EDOM again… Oba 1:3-10 The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground? Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD. If thieves came to thee, if robbers by night, (how art thou cut off!) would they not have stolen till they had enough? if the grape gatherers came to thee, would they not leave some grapes? How are the things of Esau searched out! how are his hidden things sought up! All the men of thy confederacy have brought thee even to the border: the men that were at peace with thee have deceived thee, and prevailed against thee; they that eat thy bread have laid a wound under thee: there is none understanding in him. Shall I not in that day, saith the LORD, even destroy the wise men out of Edom, and understanding out of the mount of Esau? And thy mighty men, O Teman, shall be dismayed, to the end that every one of the mount of Esau may be cut off by slaughter. For thy violence against thy brother Jacob shame shall cover thee, and thou shalt be cut off for ever.

And finally the Lord Himself… Isa 63:1-6 Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. [JESUS] Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.

Here the “White Robes” of the Mount of Transfiguration are turned Red with the Blood of Edom… When He comes in Revelation riding on a white horse… He is wearing Red Robes [as though dipped in blood].

My what a terrible picture of what happens to those who oppose Him, or hurt His People. God has clearly laid out in His Word what happens to those who come against Him… Pray that George is not Gog…

Comment

Working...
                                X