Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel VS Hizbullah Part VIII (MERGED THREADS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Israel VS Hizbullah Part VIII

Latest post on Ynet:

IAF helicopter crashes in Lebanese territory; there are injuries

It is cleared for publication that an IAF helicopter crashed in Lebanese territory. The circumstances of the crash have yet to be clarified and whether the crash was caused by technical failure, or by enemy fire. (Hanan Greenberg)
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...290236,00.html

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/

Hezbollah Shoots Down Israeli Helicopter

(couldn't get the article page to open)?

Comment

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/749479.html

7 soldiers killed in fighting; IAF helicopter shot down

By Amos Harel, Yoav Stern and Eli Ashkenazi, Haaretz Correspondents, and Agencies

Seven Israel Defense Forces soldiers were killed and 11 seriously wounded in heavy clashes Saturday with Hezbollah forces in south Lebanon, after Israel dramatically expanded its ground operation in the area.

According to Lebanese television reports, an Israeli helicopter was shot down by Hezbollah guerillas on Saturday. There was no immediate comment from the IDF.

Under cover of intense artillery fire, IDF forces reached the Litani River, which is some 20 to 30 kilometers inside Lebanon, military officials said Saturday evening.
        Here is what I found at Haaretz.

Comment

IDF deaths must now be up around 100 or more + many seriously wounded - as noted on the other threads I can't help but think that these brave men may have been sacrificed in vain if Olmert calls a premature halt to the fighting on Monday??

And again IMO this will contribute to Olmerts' removal from office...

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
            And again IMO this will contribute to Olmerts' removal from office...
            And if he is taken out, who do you think would replace him?

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby
              And if he is taken out, who do you think would replace him?
              I really would not venture a strong guess - other than to express major doubt that it would be Bebe Netanyahu

Comment

I really would not venture a strong guess - other than to express major doubt that it would be Bebe Netanyahu
                Care to expand on him a little bit more? I have some ideas about him, but am just curious what you think....

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby
                  Care to expand on him a little bit more? I have some ideas about him, but am just curious what you think....
                  My general sense is that the Israeli voting public is heavily tilted to the left (very dovish / let's give up more land for peace, etc )- and more so in recent years since they have generally done well economically and not engaged any all-out wars for survival with Arab nations.

Whereas Bebe represents the minority 20% - 30% (tops) on what passes in Israel for the more conservative (hawkish) right.

He seems to talk a real good story on critical issues but at times in the past he has been seen as "choking" at critical times? and/or looking and acting like more of a second guesser with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight?

Bebe is perhaps more well-liked and popular in the US among those that love Israel than he is in his own country?

Personally I like the man, and had he been in charge of this latest crisis I believe he would have indeed turned the IDF loose to do what they do best -

While many are angry and upset with Olmert I don't see them so concerned that they would reach out to Bebe once again as they did in the past??

Comment

Last update - 20:28 12/08/2006
                    Nasrallah: Rocket attacks will end when Israel halts air strikes

By The Associated Press

Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah said on Saturday that the militant organization would abide by the UN cease-fire resolution but continue fighting as long as Israeli troops remained in south Lebanon.

"We will not be an obstacle to any (government) decision that it finds
                    appropriate, but our ministers will express reservations about articles that we consider unjust and unfair."

Nasrallah grudgingly accepted the cease-fire plan in a televised address as the Lebanese Cabinet was in session to vote on whether to agree to the UN resolution, which was passed Friday. Hezbollah has two ministers in the government.

The Shiite cleric said Hezbollah rocket strikes on northern Israel would end when Israel stopped airstrikes and other attacks on Lebanese civilians.
                    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/749638.html

Comment

My general sense is that the Israeli voting public is heavily tilted to the left (very dovish / let's give up more land for peace, etc )- and more so in recent years since they have generally done well economically and not engaged any all-out wars for survival with Arab nations.

Whereas Bebe represents the minority 20% - 30% (tops) on what passes in Israel for the more conservative (hawkish) right.

He seems to talk a real good story on critical issues but at times in the past he has been seen as "choking" at critical times? and/or looking and acting like more of a second guesser with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight?

Bebe is perhaps more well-liked and popular in the US among those that love Israel than he is in his own country?

Personally I like the man, and had he been in charge of this latest crisis I believe he would have indeed turned the IDF loose to do what they do best -

While many are angry and upset with Olmert I don't see them so concerned that they would reach out to Bebe once again as they did in the past??
                      Yu voice my thoughts exactly on this!!!

Comment

Interesting article:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...290303,00.html

Barakat further stated that none of the Hizbullah leadership was hurt and that the organization retains plenty of rockets and other 'surprises' for use the day after victory. He declared that the inventory would allow the organization to operate from afar and doesn't require proximity to the Israeli border.

Comment

I got to thinking about Ah-ma-nut-job's threats and tonights interview on Fox with the lady who fled Iran and wrote the book Escape From Hell.....

Well, in the US next Sunday, will be day 40 of this war for Israel, 8/20. Will this be another period of trial and testing for her, that is what 40 represents. Then, I got to thinking...today is when Israel votes on the Resolution. It is day 32 of the war, Israel time...32 stands for Covenant. Just pondering.

Comment

08:22 Defense Minister Peretz: Israel won and achieved the goals that were set (Army Radio)

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/ShTickers.html

Comment

An what was that, I wonder - destroy Lebanon but not Hezbullah's ability to do the same thing all over again?

Comment

Actually, Andy, it might have been to tick off the rest of the Islamofascists so that they could have a "real" war against the whole crew--but only after they've shown the fascists that they are not serious about disarming their buddies--and don't have the same national resolve Israel has been known for.

Can we spell New World Order?

Comment

Working...
                                X