Announcement

Collapse

End of WeDG

Hi all,
Due to well over two years of a clear lack of interest in this board, I will be closing it when the hosting is up next month (24 Aug). I see no reason to continue this with the lack of readership and participation.

It's been a wonderful 27+ years, with tons of ups and downs, but with all the excellent resources available to us online via Telegram, YouTube and other platforms - we've outgrown our purpose. I do not believe any huge modification/improvements to the site would help, plus that has always been way beyond my knowledge/skill set.

Y'all know how to reach me.
See more
See less

Our Testimonies

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Our Testimonies

Thank you. I was way out of my comfort zone to post it, but I really felt God pushing me to do just that. I've been a little apprehensive about it, so thank you AllThingsNew and MorethanConquerers. Your kind words are appreciated.

Comment

Wow, the impressive previous posts show that God uses what man doesnt
      always value. Very incredible. Very precious.

I answered the call from Jesus when I was seven years old.
      I the rest of my developing years in Sunday School and church in study and
      worship. At the age of 18, my father was killed in a horrible accident and
      I got so angry at God. I tried to run away from him. I ran in and out of
      the horror of this world, shaking my fist at God and demanding Him to
      admit His error. After two years of my anger, insanity, growling at God,
      I stopped and realized no matter how far, hard and determined I was to
      outrun God, I was only running in the palm of His almightly Holy hand.
      I tried to let go of Him, but He never let go of me. I have experienced some
      terrible things since then--betrayals, stupid choices on my part, losses,
      on and on--you know, the stuff the world does best!---but through it
      all---through it all----He stands there---sometimes beside me,
      sometimes very quietly---maybe too quietly. I have wrestled with God
      about decisions---of course, the best times are when HE wins.
      Your will not mine, O Lord.
      I have disobeyed and made mistakes. But I have been blessed.
      I have been forgiven and I live today as His child and will live forever
      because He loved me, loves me and will always love me.
      Me, a sinner. Me, unworthy. Me, forgiven. Thank you, Jesus, for
      loving a little seven year old girl who has aged numerous decades and
      rejoices in the thought of seeing you face to face--so I can thank you,
      Jesus.

Comment

Thank so much beeleever and everyone else who has shared the Hope that is within us. Looking forward to reading more!

Comment

These testimonies are absolutely awesome. God loves you all so very very much. The openess and honesty that you posters have shown is amazing.
          May the good Lord bless you.

Comment

My parents took me to a Methodist church as I was growing up. I can remember going to Sunday school since I was about five. When I was in 8th grade, I had to go through confirmation classes. I absolutely hated that. I hated it so much, that I looked forward to public school on Monday, and I dreaded seeing Saturday come. Then, at the end of the school year, I had to get up in front of the entire congregation and recite five verses from memory. That was no fun, but at least it was over. 9th grade classes were optional, and I didn't go. Even though, I didn't like church and church classes, I did believe that it was all true and I did want what was right. I never doubted the Bible. I don't remember anyone ever teaching me or even telling me that it is true......I just knew that it was.

Through high school, post high school education (two years of trade school), and the navy, my beliefs did not change, but you would not have known it by watching my life. I got drunk a lot, fornicated with girls, I had a very foul mouth, I had a bad temper, I was very selfish. While I was in the navy, there were many times when I encountered Christians who told me that I needed to come to Jesus and be saved. I listened to what they said with respect and I still wanted what was right, but I just didn't get the drift. One guy told me everything about right, and I was beginning to understand, but he also said that I had to be a part of his church to be right with God. I knew that was not true. Then, I got out of the navy and got a job in a print shop. I was 22. There was a 19 year old stock boy there who was a Christian. He continued to explain to me how I needed to accept Jesus. He gave me a booklet that told me that I was a sinner (I knew that), and that I was separated from God because of my sin (I didn't know that). It also told me that I could not save myself with good works, church attendance, etc. He told me that he wasn't asking me to attend his church, or to give him anything......he said that he just wanted me to "accept Christ". I had some honest reservations that were keeping me from being able to do that. He answered my questions to my satisfaction. That night, when I got into bed, I read through the booklet again. For the first time in my life, I realized that I was, indeed, separated from God and on my way to hell. The booklet included a prayer that it said would bring me into a right standing with God. I don't remember it exactly, but it was something like this: "Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. I ask You to forgive me, and come into my life and make me what You want me to be." I had done all that the booklet said I needed to do or could do. I peacefully went to sleep.

I thought that everything would continue as it was, but I was wrong. My life was forever changed from that moment on. My attitude toward everything changed. To my surprise, my foul mouth left me. My desires changed. I had become what the Bible calls "a new creature in Christ". Even though I had always believed the Bible, I didn't really know much about it. There grew within me, a strong desire to study the Bible. I would wake up in the morning and my light would still be on and the Bible would be on the bed. I started going to church. I found a church where there were people who had had an experience similar to mine. I also found Christian coffeehouses where there were others who had experienced a similar crisis of faith. (It was at one of those coffeehouses, where I eventually met Ginny).

My desire to study the Bible continued, so I eventually quit my job and at the age of 24 went back to college. I earned a "Certificate in Bible". I thought that I would possibly become a missionary, but that never happened. I have been in many other positions that made use of my Bible education, including being volunteer chaplain at a nursing home for over 5 years, teaching Sunday school and speaking at various places. I am thankful for all that God has done in my life.

Bobert

Comment

I'll make this short and sweet, the last time I wrote my testimony it took 8 pages lol

I was always the shy, timid, and desperate for love little girl, always the one looking at scenes of a father showing his daughter love (things like a little girl sitting on daddy's lap and having a story book read to her) and wishing and wondering why not me, why did no one love me?

13 years ago sometime in the month of August the Lord showed me his love in a very powerful way. I felt his love all wrapped around me and in me like a warm blanket, a feeling of such love and acceptance that you never want it to end, I was that little girl finally on daddy's lap.

Comment

Working...
              X