This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Get to Know You Thread...

Normally...these are things my wife enjoys doing.

But I am bored.

1) Whats your first name: (don't have to answer this if you are uncomfortable)

2) Whats your middle name:

3) Married?

4) Kids?

5) Favorite food?

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream

7) Favorite book (not the Bible)

8) Favorite Bible verse

9) Favorite Movie:

10) When were you saved?

11) How old are you?

12) Where you from?

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven?

14) What denomination church do you attend? If any.

15) Your Dream Job:

16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!)

17) Hobbies?

18) Best Vacation:

19) For the ladies (but guys can answer too) - most romantic thing your spouse has ever done.

20) For the guys (but the girls can answer too) - Who would you rather be? Luke Skywalker or Hans Solo -

21) How long at Wedg?

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose?

23) Favorite Song -

24) Cat person or Dog person?

25) Coffee person?

Re: A Get to Know You Thread...

1) Whats your first name: Jerry

2) Whats your middle name: Anthony

3) Married? Yes. 7 years

4) Kids? Yep. 2 step-daughters and a son. 15,12,6

5) Favorite food? Crab legs

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream: Spumoni

7) Favorite book (not the Bible) n/a

8) Favorite Bible verse: Deu 5:24. 5:25, 5:26, 5:27, 5:28 , 5:29

9) Favorite Movie: Patton

10) When were you saved? I asked Jesus to come into my heart when I was a young teenager, and at least a half dozen times since then.

11) How old are you? 43

12) Where you from? Born in Michigan, live in Illinois

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? Everyone

14) What denomination church do you attend? If any. BIble church, non-denominational

15) Your Dream Job: Antique store owner

16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) NKJV

17) Hobbies? Stamps and antique bottle collecting

18) Best Vacation: Mackinac Island

19) For the ladies (but guys can answer too) - most romantic thing your spouse has ever done.

20) For the guys (but the girls can answer too) - Who would you rather be? Luke Skywalker or Hans Solo - Chewy

21) How long at Wedg? A few months or so.

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? Steak and Potato.

23) Favorite Song -

24) Cat person or Dog person? Both

25) Coffee person? Absolutely. The stronger the better. No cream, no sugar.
    Last edited by Humble; 10-27-2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Ok, so I'm bored too MTC haha

1) Whats your first name: (don't have to answer this if you are uncomfortable) Justin

2) Whats your middle name:

3) Married? I think I just found her...ya know, my soulmate

4) Kids? one day

5) Favorite food? blackened salmon

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream: chocolate chip cookie dough

7) Favorite book (not the Bible): The New Killer Diseases

8) Favorite Bible verse: I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me.

9) Favorite Movie: Braveheart

10) When were you saved? 1986

11) How old are you? 26ish

12) Where you from? Charlotte, NC

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? Michael or Gabriel

14) What denomination church do you attend? If any. Pentecostal or nondenom

15) Your Dream Job: FBI

16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) KJV, RSV

17) Hobbies? pool, rollerblading, golf, camping, snowboarding, volunteer work, and much, much more

18) Best Vacation: Cancun, 2001

20) For the guys (but the girls can answer too) - Who would you rather be? Luke Skywalker or Hans Solo - Yoda

21) How long at Wedg? 5-6 years

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? medrare filet topped with a marinated-grilled portabello mushroom with side of sauteed asparagus over smashed potatoes topped with hollandaise

23) Favorite Song - Just about anything by Third Day or Jeremy Camp

24) Cat person or Dog person? Dog, definately

25) Coffee person? Coke

Comment

I just deleted the ones I didn't wanna answer (or were not applicable)

2) Whats your middle name: Andy

3) Married? Yup!

4) Kids? Five between us

5) Favorite food? Italian

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream? Yes!

7) Favorite book (not the Bible): I’m not much of a reader (other than the Bible)

8) Favorite Bible verse? Tough call there…too many to choose from

10) When were you saved? 38 years ago

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? Apostle Paul

14) What denomination church do you attend? Non-denominational Bible Church

15) Your Dream Job: Working from home (I’m getting there!)

16) What translation of Bible do you use? (be nice!) NASB primarily

17) Hobbies? Computers, selling pet health products, building the home business

20) For the guys (but the girls can answer too) - Who would you rather be? Luke Skywalker or Hans Solo - Luke

21) How long at Wedg? 1997

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? Depends how hungry I am. The hungrier I am the more I’d want the steak/potato but if I just want a yummy dessert…

24) Cat person or Dog person? Mostly cat but I love our dogs, too

25) Coffee person? Yup!

Comment

1) Whats your first name: (don't have to answer this if you are uncomfortable) Mary

2) Whats your middle name: Anne

3) Married? Yes, 20 years

4) Kids? Nope.

5) Favorite food? Fried Chicken;Pizza

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream:Cookie dough, but lately sugarfree.

7) Favorite book (not the Bible): The Lauren Chapin Story, from Father Knows Best (1950's)

8) Favorite Bible verse: Not sure.

9) Favorite Movie: The Sound of Music

10) When were you saved? 1985

11) How old are you? 43

12) Where you from? Anderson, IN.

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? My Mother and family members, my dad.

14) What denomination church do you attend? If any. Baptist & Non-denominational

15) Your Dream Job: Lately an Internet business...but a few years back being a Beautician

16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) NKJV

17) Hobbies? Computer, crochet, swimming, bike riding, watching movies.

18) Best Vacation: Probably when I went camping with my folks, as a kid.

20) For the guys (but the girls can answer too) - Who would you rather be? Luke Sky Walker or whatever that was....

21) How long at Wedg? About 2 or 3 years, but under different "names".

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? The potato, I'm not into steaks.

23) Cat person or dog person? Either, but I prefer cats or bunnies.

24) Coffee person? Nope! Prefer Green Tea or Rootbear diet please!

Comment

1) Whats your first name: (don't have to answer this if you are uncomfortable): Donna

2) Whats your middle name: Jessie

3) Married? Nope

4) Kids? Nope, not until I get married

5) Favorite food? Mexican

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream: Moose Tracks

7) Favorite book (not the Bible): Left Behind

8) Favorite Bible verse? John 3:16

9) Favorite Movie: It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Did I get enough Mads in there)

10) When were you saved? Nine years old in 1967

11) How old are you? 47

12) Where you from? Alabama

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? God and all my family

14) What denomination church do you attend? If any. Baptist

15) Your Dream Job: Writing

16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) KJV

17) Hobbies? Reading, movies, traveling, painting and a bunch of others.

18) Best Vacation: Orlando, FL

19) For the ladies (but guys can answer too) - most romantic thing your spouse has ever done. Haven't found one yet to get romantic with *sigh*

20) For the guys (but the girls can answer too) - Who would you rather be? Luke Skywalker or Hans Solo - Luke of course

21) How long at Wedg? Lurking since 1996

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? Can't I have both...no, oh well...chessecake.

23) Favorite Song - He Is by Arron and Jeffery

24) Cat person or Dog person? Cat

25) Coffee person? Nope.

Bluejaye

Comment

3) Married? divorced

4) Kids? 4 adult children

5) Favorite food? depends on the mood I'm in - but it usually is a mix of lean meat/veggies - I like variety!

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream - varies but never plain

7) Favorite book (not the Bible) - the calvary road (hession)

8) Favorite Bible verse - acts 17:26

9) Favorite Movie: It's a wonderful life

10) When were you saved? age 4?

12) Where you from? nc

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? my children!

14) What denomination church do you attend? If any. searching, but have always been non-denom

15) Your Dream Job: my own christian radio station

16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) various

17) Hobbies? gardening, genealogy, bible study

18) Best Vacation: what's that?

19) For the ladies (but guys can answer too) - most romantic thing your spouse has ever done. n/a

21) How long at Wedg? since '97 or '98?

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? steak/potato dinner probably

23) Favorite Song - pachelbel's canon in d (is that considered a "song?") or
              Creed by Rich Mullins

24) Cat person or Dog person? dog

25) Coffee person? yes

Comment

1) Whats your first name: Cynthia (Cindy)

2) Whats your middle name: Ann

3) Married? Widowed since Aug. Married 28 years

4) Kids? Three daughters

5) Favorite food? Chocolate, Mashed Potatoes (I know it's weird!)

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream: Vanilla (Ha! You thought I'd say chocolate)

7) Favorite book (not the Bible): Not Without My Daughter and The Little House Books (read them with my girls and really enjoyed them)

8) Favorite Bible verse: too many to chose

9) Favorite Movie: Fly Away Home

10) When were you saved? When I was 15

11) How old are you? 46

12) Where are you from? Born Massachusetts, raised in Florida, moved to Tennessee

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? God,Husband, family, ancestors, everybody else

14) What denomination church did you attend? If any. Assembly of God

15) Your Dream Job: My art design business.

16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) KJV and Living Bible

17) Hobbies? art, genealogy (oh don't get me started on genealogy)

18) Best Vacation: Camping with husband and girls when they were little.

Everyday was romantic.

20.n/a
                21) How long at Wedg? not sure.....I think about 4 years, have to ask Andy

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose?
                Cheesecake of course

23) Favorite Song - Amazing Grace

24) Cat person or Dog person? Dog

25) Coffee person? No, herb teas

Comment

1) What's your first name: (don't have to answer this if you are uncomfortable) Carol

2) What's your middle name: Marie

3) Married? Yes, 10 1/2 years

4) Kids? One step-daughter

5) Favorite food? Italian, for sure!

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream? Pralines and Cream from Baskin-Robbins

7) Favorite book (not the Bible)? the whole Dragonriders series by Anne McCaffrey

8) Favorite Bible verse? Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD [is] a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

9) Favorite Movie? "The Italian Job"

10) When were you saved? April, 1980

11) How old are you? 51

12) Where you from? Decatur, Illinois

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? My parents, brother and King David

14) What denomination church do you attend? If any. Independent Baptist

15) Your Dream Job? living it now as a homemaker

16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) KJV

17) Hobbies? Rubber stamping, travel, reading, photography

18) Best Vacation? Just had it!!! Second visit to Maui!! Wonderful!!!

19) For the ladies (but guys can answer too) - most romantic thing your spouse has ever done? Got me flowers to enjoy after my cataract surgeries.

20) For the guys (but the girls can answer too) - Who would you rather be? Luke Skywalker or Hans Solo? I've always liked Han.

21) How long at Wedg? since 1998

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? Da Cheesecake with caramel topping!!!

23) Favorite Song? anything by "Point of Grace"

24) Cat person or Dog person? Cat, definitely: we have two.

25) Coffee person? Yes, especially flavors like Irish cream and vanilla nut

Comment

And I'll answer it cause I'm bored.

1) Whats your first name: Helene
                    3) Married? Yes
                    4) Kids? two girls, 19,21
                    5) Favorite food? spicy curries, Thai
                    6) Favorite flavor of ice cream--Passion Fruit Sorbet
                    7) Favorite book --If I must pick one..."Hind's Feet on High Places."
                    8) Favorite Bible verse--Again, if I must pick one...Jude 1:24,25(Unto Him who is able to keep you from falling..."
                    9) Favorite Movie: Don't have one
                    10) When were you saved? October 1984
                    11) How old are you? 45
                    12) Where you from? now or when I was born??
                    13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? Paul, family, friends
                    14) What denomination church do you attend? If any--Home Fellowship
                    15) Your Dream Job: Caregiver, I'm doing it.
                    16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) NASB , but I love KJV too.
                    17) Hobbies? none
                    18) Best Vacation: spontaneous, last minute deal to Mexico too many years ago
                    19) For the ladies (but guys can answer too) - most romantic thing your spouse has ever done.--Left Purdy's English Toffee under my pillow.(very nice, but needs a little help in that dept.
                    21) How long at Wedg?posted for the last year, but lurked for quite a while
                    22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? Both, there would be no option
                    23) Favorite Song - "I Can Only Imagine"
                    24) Cat person or Dog person? Cat
                    25) Coffee person?Tea

Comment

1) Whats your first name: (don't have to answer this if you are uncomfortable) Sandra

2) Whats your middle name: Laurette

3) Married? Yes, almost 22 years

4) Kids? Daughter (20), son (16)

5) Favorite food? Indian curries and Thai food

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream: Can't eat it, but if I could it would be Breyers Vanilla or Hagen Daas Coffee

7) Favorite book(s) (not the Bible) Anything by CS Lewis, and the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon

8) Favorite Bible verse - see below

9) Favorite Movie: the Incredibles, and Sabrina (the one with Harrison Ford)

10) When were you saved? I don't really remember but I made sure when I was 13.

11) How old are you? Now now - that's not something you ask a LADY - didn't your parents teach you anything??

12) Where you from? Canada; Alberta first, now BC.

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? My dad, grandparents and the two babies I got to hold but never got to meet

14) What denomination church do you attend? Non-denominational

15) Your Dream Job: Famous writer or songwriter

16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) NKJV and NASB

17) Hobbies? Reading, walking, Bible study, jamming on the violin with friends, and eating at restaurants

18) Best Vacation: Hopefully, the one we're taking in January in Grand Cayman

19) For the ladies (but guys can answer too) - most romantic thing your spouse has ever done. - When I was 16, long before we were married, my husband put me up in a tree on a big branch and promised he would love me forever. So far, he has kept his promise, and I fully expect him to do so!

20) For the guys (but the girls can answer too) - Who would you rather be? Luke Skywalker or Hans Solo - I would rather be Princess Leia!! I quite like the Fly-boys myself

21) How long at Wedg? '97 or '98, can't remember that far back.

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? Since I can't eat cheesecake, it would have to be steak and potato.

23) Favorite Song - Heaven is Our Homeland sung by Karen Kelly

24) Cat person or Dog person? Cat AND dog AND bird AND rabbit AND horse...etc etc etc

25) Coffee person? Oh yeah... every morning without fail - must have soymilk though.

Comment

1) Whats your first name: (don't have to answer this if you are uncomfortable) Esther
                        2) Whats your middle name: Louise
                        3) Married? Yes, this summer!
                        4) Kids? no
                        5) Favorite food? lobster and crab
                        6) Favorite flavor of ice cream Black walnut
                        7) Favorite book(s) (not the Bible) Hinds Feet on High Places & You're Late Again Lord

8) Favorite Bible verse - Psalm 92
                        9) Favorite Movie: Dr. Zhivago, The Pink Panther series
                        10) When were you saved? At age 13

11) How old are you? 57

12) Where you from? born in Ga. raised in Fla.
                        13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? My dear friend and surrogate Mom, Mary

14) What denomination church do you attend? CEC
                        15) Your Dream Job: Dictator of the Universe!
                        16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) Amplified--have used others over the years
                        17) Hobbies? Reading, learning to play golf, anything on or near the water
                        18) Best Vacation: My honeymoon this summer, a cruise through the Baltic, and visiting Russia, among other places
                        19) For the ladies (but guys can answer too) - most romantic thing your spouse has ever done. - Flown 1200 miles to meet me for lunch
                        20) For the guys (but the girls can answer too) - Who would you rather be? Luke Skywalker or Hans Solo - Han Solo--I would love to fly those ships!

21) How long at Wedg? 2001, I believe
                        22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? Bring on the beef, Med Rare
                        23) Favorite Song - Amazing Grace, and Thank You for Giving to the Lord
                        24) Cat person or Dog person?Dogs, definitely as I am allergic to kitties (ahhhhchew!)

25) Coffee person? Definitely. Love Barnies!!

Comment

1) Whats your first name: Judy

3) Married? Yes

4) Kids? 2 Daughters (23 and 22)

5) Favorite food? Italien

6) Favorite flavor of ice cream: Mint chocolate chip

7) Favorite book(s) (not the Bible) I really enjoyed the Zion Covenant and Zion Chronicles series by Bodie Thoene

8) Favorite Bible verse - Phil. 4:13

9) Favorite Movie: My all time favorite would be Gone With the Wind

10) When were you saved? 14.

11) How old are you? The answer I give my students.....100!

12) Where you from? California and Arizona.

13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? My family, friends, and my two stillborn babies.

14) What denomination church do you attend? Non-denominational

15) Your Dream Job: Owning my own business

16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) NKJV and NASB

17) Hobbies? Scrapbooking, reading, walking, swimming

18) Best Vacation: I've had a lot of wonderful vacations....hard to choose.

19) For the ladies (but guys can answer too) - most romantic thing your spouse has ever done. - Bring or send me flowers....."just because"

21) How long at Wedg? 1999.

22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? Hungry Hunter's Top Sirloin with Whiskey Peppercorn sauce and baked potato!

23) Favorite Song - I Can Only Imagine and Friends

24) Cat person or Dog person? I have both but definitely prefer dogs!

25) Coffee person? Yes...drinking decaf now.
                          Last edited by JudyAnn; 10-28-2005, 09:55 AM.
                          Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

1) Whats your first name: Anthony
                            2) Whats your middle name: Andrew
                            4) Kids? No, but gorgeous niece and cutiepie nephew.
                            5) Favorite food? Italian
                            6) Favorite flavor of ice cream Rocky Road with Marshmellows
                            7) Favorite book (not the Bible) End of the Age
                            8) Favorite Bible verse Jeremiah 29:11
                            10) When were you saved? 12 years ago
                            11) How old are you? Not going to say, but I sure look/feel sexy in my mirror...Must be my latin blood (good genes and I'd like to think the Holy Spirit shining through opening my latin restaurant up every morning for business.)
                            12) Where you from? California
                            13) Besides Jesus, who do you most want to see in heaven? The friends I've lost.
                            14) What denomination church do you attend? If any. Non-Denomination
                            15) Your Dream Job: Television Executive Produce of My Writings
                            16) What translation of Bible do you use ? (be nice!) King James
                            18) Best Vacation: Kauai, Hawaii, awesome
                            20) For the guys (but the girls can answer too) - Who would you rather be? Luke Skywalker or Hans Solo - Neither, I like being me!
                            22) If you were presented with an option of either a big slice of New York Cheesecake with your choice of topping OR a big steak and potato dinner....what would you choose? Steak and Potato dinner, but not a big steak, I get full fast and my tummy is small
                            23) Favorite Song - Godspeed - BT and favorite oldie, Crystal Blue Persuasion by Tommy James and the Shondells.
                            24) Cat person or Dog person? I like dogs, but I think a gray cat I would like more, I would not want a large pet and I really don't care for animals, but a gray cat might be a nice change.
                            25) Coffee person?[/QUOTE] Of course, Grande Mocha with Cinnamon (Reminds me of Mexican Chocolate my mother made, but was a pain in the **** to make!)
                            Last edited by Anthony M; 10-27-2005, 09:45 PM.

Comment

this is so much fun, MTC! thanks so much for starting this!!

Comment

Working...
                              X