Flabbergasted......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flabbergasted......

I do my hardest to not be judgemental.....I have sin, after all. I try my best to show people grace on where they are in their walks, and make allowances for immaturity. I am usually the last person who will come down on another christ follower if they watch a questionable movie, or read something inappropriate. Whatever....

But I am flabbergasted by how many of my Christian women friends are not only seeing movies like Magic Mike but are recommending it to other people. And they are not only reading stuff like "Shades of Grey" but are downright addicted to it.

Bleah.

And I am disturbed that so many women in the church are jumping into an arena (sexual stimuli) that so many of their men have battled for YEARS and people just shake their heads and grin. And yeah, the double standard annoys the tar out of me.

Re: Flabbergasted......

Definitely agree with you, MoreThanConquerors. When God clearly says we're not supposed to LUST after others, why should we purposely put ourselves in a situation or environment that forces that. Hello??? Like you said, we all sin and we've all gone thru our different stages of life where we messed up more than other times. But sadly today it's like just the common norm to see so many professing to be Christians excited about that stuff. ugh. Sad.

Comment

Where is the fear of God? I did not see this post WLNF until just now .. I too do not understand how an believer can sin/lust and not feel remorse .. repent .. seek forgiveness. But to enjoy? C'mon people. God is NOT playing games! Eternity is real. We don't get a sneak preview to see where we'd like to spend it.

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I've submitted for years that were there is no sin-struggle, nor has there ever been (even after a so-called "conversion") we have every right to seriously put into question whether the conversion was real. What does, "Conversion" mean? What does, "Confess" mean? The Greek behind this word (e.g. Romans 10:9) is not just spout something off with the mouth and there's nothing behind it. It's a mouth PLUS heart.
        Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

No heart-level confession/agreeing with God/turning away, no salvation.
        No growth (EVER) then we would have to surmise the seed (of the Word) never took firm root (in the 'soil' of the heart) where fruit would appear (evidence the individual is truly rooted in the Vine)
        John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Comment

I am no longer invited out to dinner or any place else with several of the women that live in my small community. This transpired after a discussion in which I vocalized my support for our County Librarian for banning that filthy book. It made national news. The ACLU came in and she had to relent. Nonethless, I understand that I have developed a reputation for being "very religious." TY Jesus. I think that women have done immeasurable damage to themselves since the whole women's rights thing began. Obviously, I am for equal rights but you don't have to give up decency and modesty in the process.

Comment

I seen this the other day, I don't know if it's true or not but maybe if you know some woman reading or have read 50 Shades, you can ask them what they think of the following letter from a

Fifty Shades Of Grey – Pedophilia Hiding In Plain Sight (Letter from a reader)
            NOTE: This message was left on on unrelated political story on my site. My first instinct was to simply delete it. As I read further though it became apparent the author is being very sincere in what she is communicating here. I also, like many of you, continue to be outraged by the sickening Jerry Sandusky tragedy. While I am not nearly so familiar with the story 50 Shades of Grey beyond the apparent fact it’s very popular among women, the author of this message details a compelling case for something far more dangerous and sinister going on with a book that has been embraced by the mainstream. I won’t make any judgments as to the validity of this author’s claims quite yet. Perhaps those of you more familiar with the book, who can corroborate or dispute the evidence, can do so on your own in the comments section. If what Kat says is right though, what does that say of our society that so many so willingly embraced a story of pedophilia that, as she has put it, was “hiding in plain sight”.
            the rest
            http://theulstermanreport.com/2012/0...from-a-reader/

Comment

Working...
            X