Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SPECIAL INVITATION FOR ALL LURKERS

Really,

This is a very special invitation to all who have lurking for a while or are already members that do not post.

Please come in and join us, we would love to get to know you and hear your imput on things.

You can start on this thread or on the "Get to know you" one.

Comment

Originally posted by Severo
      Really,

This is a very special invitation to all who have lurking for a while or are already members that do not post.

Please come in and join us, we would love to get to know you and hear your imput on things.

You can start on this thread or on the "Get to know you" one.
      I noticed that everyone posting here so far is already a faithful poster. It would be so nice to add some fresh voices, not that I don't appreciate those who are already here, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Radio Free Narnia
        I noticed that everyone posting here so far is already a faithful poster. It would be so nice to add some fresh voices, not that I don't appreciate those who are already here, LOL.
        I agree, RFN. However, I was hoping that all who post here, frequently or otherwise would join us in their own way, whether by sharing a favorite song, cyber food, drink, poem, or anything else the Lord puts on your heart, to bless those who frequent here...the silent ones.
        So far, there have been 129 views on this thread. Interesting...

Comment

Here's an all-time favorite of mine: http://www.mamarocks.com/in_the_garden.htm

It was sung at Mom's funeral. It's been a while since I've seen her, but I can't help feeling that day will come soon.

Comment

Here is one of my favorite worship songs.

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE

I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
            I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
            I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
            Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
            Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
            Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
            Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
            I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!
            I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!
            I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!! Only imagine!!!
            I can only imagine.

I can only imagine, when all I do is forever, forever worship You!
            I can only imagine."

copyright: ©1999 MercyMe
            For more information about this song and the group, you can visit their WEBsite: http://www.mercyme.org/

Comment

Hello Everyone (lurkers, new guests, seasoned Wedgyites),

What a fun idea! Kind of a "party central" post area.

I'll bring the Diet Coke. Sorry Severo, I love coffee, but only if it's not really coffee. It has to have a bunch of sugar, syrups, etc. (after that I don't think it's really coffee anymore). hahaha

There are times that I'll drink regular coffee, but I have to be A) Freezing and need to warm up - OR - B) Exhausted and need to wake up.

In His care,
              Tammy

Fun Fact about me: I usually always end with "In His care", but I can't tell you how many times I have typed, "In His car," and I don't catch it until I reread.

Comment

GREETINGS, one and all!

Sorry, I've been just a bit busy lately! The Watchmen Watching has taken a LOT of my time but - it's starting to look like it will be on near auto-pilot here in the next few days or so. SO - I wanted to step in here and give a hearty WELCOME to anyone that has a posting ID but hasn't posted. Yes, I can see you out there. (Just kidding!!!)

Actually, I can tell if you've logged in and I can tell if you've posted but I don't really know who you are.

We'd love to hear from you! Please jump in here and get your feet wet - we're a friendly bunch of folks (for the most part) and won't bite!

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Him
                  Fun Fact about me: I usually always end with "In His care", but I can't tell you how many times I have typed, "In His car," and I don't catch it until I reread.
                  Ha!! I never caught that yet, Tammy, but I must say that my overactive imagination had lots of fun with the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Helene
                    Ha!! I never caught that yet, Tammy, but I must say that my overactive imagination had lots of fun with the idea.

Now that I think about it (using my imagination like yours) , it's kind of perfect. If I want anyone to take me where I need to go in life, it would the Father. How perfect.

In His car,
                    Tammy

I kind of like it.

Comment

I didn't mean to stay away from the party, but I was sorta waiting for those Lurkers who were the original invitees. It's almost like the Wedding Feast the Lord sent out invitations for and nobody wanted to come, so He invited anyone who would instead.

So I guess that's me! I wouldn't miss one of your parties, Helene. I only wish I was quick enough on the computer draw to actually bring some goodies. Since my computer savvy is lacking, I will instead put a recipe for some really yummy Thai chicken wings instead.

Thai Chicken Wings with Coconut Peanut Dipping Sauce

2 lbs chicken wings, cut and separated into drums and the other parts (?)
                      2-3 packets satay paste, enough to generously coat all the wings

Marinate for at least an hour, preferably overnight in the refrigerator. Place wings in one layer on foil-lined cookie sheet and bake at 425F uncovered for 20 minutes. Turn wings over and bake for another 10-20 minutes or until juices run clear and they are nice and brown.

Peanut Coconut Sauce

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
                      1 cup coconut milk
                      1 tbs. brown sugar
                      1 tsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
                      1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
                      2 tsp. Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
                      1 tbs. rice or cider vinegar
                      1 tsp. corn starch (only if you are using a powdered form of coconut milk - canned coconut milk is thick enough by itself)

In a food processor or blender, mix all ingredients until well blended. Place in small sauce pan and heat on med-low until thickened. Serve hot with hot wings and lots of paper towels or napkins.

Enjoy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Him
                        Now that I think about it (using my imagination like yours) , it's kind of perfect. If I want anyone to take me where I need to go in life, it would the Father. How perfect.

In His car,
                        Tammy

I kind of like it.
                        In the Father's Honda, we're all in one Accord.
                        YBIC,
                        Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by GSheff
                          In the Father's Honda, we're all in one Accord.
                          YBIC,
                          Glenn

TOO FUNNY!!!

I cadillac' that....

Comment

Originally posted by Sandylion
                            I didn't mean to stay away from the party, but I was sorta waiting for those Lurkers who were the original invitees. It's almost like the Wedding Feast the Lord sent out invitations for and nobody wanted to come, so He invited anyone who would instead.

Welcome, dear friend! Thanks for bringing the Thai Chicken Wings with the Yummy Peanut Sauce. Glad you were able to make it. Oh, did you bring your violin?

Comment

EVERYONE WELCOME!!!

Helen said: I have been thinking alot lately about all of those who lurk this site and wondered if all of us WeDGies could gather together, give them a nice warm welcome, and invite them to a WeDG cyber-fellowship thread.
                              I just wanted to say to that if my thread title (above) left the impression that this party is for LURKERS only, I apologise. What I meant was for members to open the thread, read the portion above, and join together in making our lurkers feel welcome. Then, and only then, and only if they felt really, really safe, I was hoping some of the silent ones might venture forth and join us. And at 300 views and only 29 posts, we know you're out there.
                              Last edited by Helene; 04-05-2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helene
                                Welcome, dear friend! Thanks for bringing the Thai Chicken Wings with the Yummy Peanut Sauce. Glad you were able to make it. Oh, did you bring your violin?
                                You bet! What shall I play first? How about a few dance tunes like New York Jig, or Stevie's Breakdown? (Oh, where are Steve and Glen when I need them? ) Later when we all quiet down, I'll play a few aires, like Blue Bonnet's over the Border and Silverwells, and of course my own Scottish version of Amazing Grace.

Perhaps there are a couple guitar players who might join me? And a tin whistle and bodhran would add the perfect touch to complete the ensemble.

Just remember all this folks, cuz when we all get to Heaven, we're gonna do this for reel - ah ha ha - for reel! Get it? Doh!

Comment

Working...
                                X