Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the Days of Noah; As in the Days of Lot

Matthew 24:
    37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
    38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,
    39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Luke 17:
    28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
    29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
    30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

So how was it in the days of Noah and Lot?

Genesis 6:
    5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
    6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
    12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Genesis 18:
    20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;

19:
    4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
    5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
    6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
    7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

How are matters today shaping up? As the days of Noah; as in the days of Lot:

Video provided by Jason A. His comment under it is a quote of Paul Harvey, 52 years ago:

Paul Harvey in 1965:

With the wisdom of a serpent, I would whispers to you as I whispered to Eve, “Do as you please.”

To the young I would whisper “The Bible is a myth.” I would convince them that “man created God,” instead of the other way around. I would confide that “what is bad is good and what is good is square.”
    Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Pastors across America reveal changed views on homosexuality

After More Than 20 Years as Conservative Leader, Paul Williams Comes Out as Transwoman

Paul Williams, who led the conservative church planting organization Orchard Group for 20 years, has publicly come out as a transgender woman named Paula Stone Williams.
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/af...hdF086o0IMq.99
    Last edited by Debbie W.; 06-24-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X