Trusting God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trusting God

I've obviously decided to open the board back up.
    Those of you that have my phone number please do not hesitate to call me if any more problems show up.

Everyone needs to change their password, please. Settings (top right of the board) then Email & Passwords on the left panel.
    And, please, pray for this ministry!

Re: Trusting God

That was easy. Thank you Andy, that must have been a very unwanted a pain.
    Will continue to pray.

Comment

Prayed Andy..you got the board up fast.

The enemy is always busy!

Praise God He is greater.

Comment

Originally posted by SAT View Post
        That was easy. Thank you Andy, that must have been a very unwanted a pain.
        Will continue to pray.
        It was a bit nerve-wracking, especially when I realized the database had been hit.

Comment

Thanks Bro Andy.., did pray for you...And the Wedg ministry...
          Did Anyone else have trouble changing their password / email???

I just Lo(###%%$$$##***^^$####)ve computers

Comment

No trouble changing my password. Once i remembered the old one of course.

Comment

This is a learning experience, if only I can retain it!
              Gotta be careful what passwords you change on a database or you'll crash the board (like I did!).

whew - have I ever told y'all I am NOT a database expert???

Comment

been praying for you Andy. God bless

Comment

whew - have I ever told y'all I am NOT a database expert???
                  Just talk to yourself-- and you'll be fine
                  Hopefully you will reccord your rantings and ###**((%%%%%$$$##)) so that ""next time""
                  all you have to do is what you did before...
                  that way you will know wether to open door#1 or #2 or #3 !!!

Thanks... looks like you and we wont have time to do much more, so lets do what we can while we can,,,
                  Luke 17:29-30
                  Maranatha
                  Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by lewisb View Post

Thanks... looks like you and we wont have time to do much more, so lets do what we can while we can,,,
                    Luke 17:29-30
                    Maranatha
                    Lewis
                    Yep - Lord willing, tomorrow is the day.
                    Taking half day off work to come home and dig in.

Comment

BTW, "forewarning" - this is a significant upgrade, not just patches.
                      From what I understand the board will look quite different - supposedly, more user-friendly.

Comment

Update:
                        After reviewing what this upgrade entails I have decided it is way too complicated.

I'm just going to go ahead and let the vBulletin techs handle this - I know it'd be done right, I just don't like trusting total strangers to the site. BUT - they do this all the time and we can pray a Christian "just happens" to be on staff and does the job...or it's someone that won't care that our content is so controversial in today's, openly sinful (and hostile toward Christianity!) world.

I've asked them to do it after 22:00 Central time. Don't be surprised to find the board closed at some point as they do this.

Edit to add: Another big reason I decided to let the vBulletin techs do it - they can "look around" the host site and see if any files are there that don't belong (from the hackers). They would know better than anyone if something stray is hanging out.
                        Last edited by Andy; 06-13-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

In an effort to block some of the known malicious "web spiders" from our site I have enacted some blocking techniques. I know it's sort of moot for me to say, "If you experience any issues accessing the site let me know" because if you can't reach the site it's pretty hard for you to read this message!

BUT - perhaps you're on a different network when you access (e.g. you're at work and can't access but can from home). I should probably send this via email to everyone but I don't really anticipate anyone that's welcome to our site having any issues accessing it.

Must admit, I was a bit shocked when I found what I did. Thank you, Shibboleth for alerting me to look for "that specific thing".

Comment

Thanks, Andy. Again, if this is going to cost you out of your pocket, please let us all have the opportunity to contribute to the expense, OK?

Comment

Hey Andy.....

The new software is great! Very functional, and all.... Ditto what Sue said.

Comment

Working...
                              X