Trusting God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trusting God

actually.......................................... .....I'm too Teckless to notice any difference
    Just that it WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      the board will look quite different
      ahhhh it looks exactly the same to me.

Comment

It does indeed look "pretty much" the same - but there are very subtle differences. For instance in the "Post New Thread" sequence, there is an additional block of commands available at the bottom, that would allow you to Not post your signature in that thread, and specify some other attributes of that specific thread. I don't remember that ever being available at the thread-level before, but instead had to be set either on or off in the user profile. Etc.

And Yes, Lewis, it does work very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by SAT View Post
          ahhhh it looks exactly the same to me.
          I have no idea when they're going to do the upgrade.
          I sent a message to their support@ email asking them to alert me when because I have put some restrictions in place that I believe will stop them from doing the upgrade. I had removed them anticipating this upgrade but it's taking them too long and I don't like leaving certain aspects of the board vulnerable.

Comment

I'm guessing it will look similar to the new look from a few months ago when I was last there at baseball-fever.com - I'm pretty sure they are also on vbulletin (or is that a checkmark and not a v for virtual?)
            My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
            Please print, pass on these items:
            http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
            http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              I have no idea when they're going to do the upgrade.
              I sent a message to their support@ email asking them to alert me when because I have put some restrictions in place that I believe will stop them from doing the upgrade. I had removed them anticipating this upgrade but it's taking them too long and I don't like leaving certain aspects of the board vulnerable.
              So they left you hanging. Ouch. I guess we should pray they will give you an answer so you can be let off that hook...God's timing sometimes can be interesting, if you aren't the one on the hook

Comment

Got an email from vBulletin support.
                Ticket has been assigned and work should begin very soon.

Comment

Good news, Andy! Thanks for what you do for all of us on WEDG.

Comment

Here is an example of what WeDG could look like after the upgrade (with a lot of work and help).
                    This is a vb5 board (vBulletin version 5.x).

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/

(BTW, I love CARM!)

Comment

We are obviously back and WOW, what a change.
                      Honestly, please don't ask me any "how to" questions, yet.
                      This is as new to me as it is to you.

I have a huge, learning curve ahead of me. Even the Control Panel is completely changed.

Comment

Very good and it seems all went well.

Comment

Just testing.
                          Toe in the water.

Really nice update

Comment

I "LIKE" that we can "LIKE" posts now!

Comment

Thanks Andy!
                              I can't wait to be home and see it on a real screen

Not bad on the phone though.

Issachar
                              The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I think we're going to like this, once we get used to it.

Please, I am SO OPEN to suggestions on formatting. Being unable to see some 40%-60% of the color spectrum accurately has caused me to have a lifetime of never thinking graphically. I chose the "wood" theme cuz I liked it over the default. I would love to have a WeDG Banner/Logo. We had one, at one time, but it had been created and copyrighted by Severo and I won't use it w/o his permission. In fact, I'm not even sure I have it anymore.

But beyond that, even how to format the threads and forums - I don't necessarily like how it's set up now.but have no creativity to come up with alternate ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X