Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US says both sides "will be forced to compromise re: Trump's ME peace goal

http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-says...st-peace-deal/

WASHINGTON — A State Department official said Tuesday that Israelis and Palestinians will “be forced to compromise” in order to achieve US President Donald Trump’s goal of brokering peace between the two sides.

In her first press briefing as the department’s spokesperson, Heather Nauert wouldn’t address a question about UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres’s statement lamenting 50 years of Israel’s occupation of the West Bank, but pivoted to say that both Trump and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson were committed to forging an agreement despite the inevitable challenges that will arise.

Middle East peace is something that’s very important to this administration,” Nauert told reporters. “The president and the secretary have both said they recognize that it will not be easy, that both sides will be forced to compromise.”
    Last edited by cnav; 06-07-2017, 10:20 AM.

Re: US says both sides will be forced to compromise re: Trump's ME peace goal

Netanyahu to right-wing leaders: No settler will be uprooted in peace deal

In plea for backing amid peace efforts, PM vows to protect settlements; indicates, unhappily, that Trump sticking to traditional peacemaking formulas

http://www.timesofisrael.com/pm-to-r...in-peace-deal/
    Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday implored right-wing leaders to unify behind him in future peace efforts, promising that he would not bring a “tragedy” upon the settlements and that not a single settler would be uprooted as part of a peace deal with the Palestinians.

In his remarks in the Knesset, during an event marking 50 years since the Six Day War and the beginning of the settlement enterprise, Netanyahu also hinted that US President Donald Trump was sticking to traditional peace-making formulas, influenced by “50 years of propaganda.”
    Last edited by cnav; 06-07-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X