Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The spirit is willing BUT

The spirit is willing but the flesh is more willing

a great quote from a sci-fi story I read today........ great truth for us though ... no matter how much we strive for Godliness, the ol flesh gets in the way, the whole way, every step....

Santa Anna today driving temps along the coast to 101 degrees at the bayfront ... The inland vallies must have been sizzling at 110 at least....... I spent all afternoon in the librarys air conditioning..... I can't remember the coast getting up to 100 degrees before !!!! its 8pm and outside is still in the 80's !!! thankfully I got AC in my living room!!!
    first time all summer I needed the AC !!!
    #######****###$$$*** ---- AND the Trout are getting driven deeper by the heat, might be November before they come back up to the shallows

must be Al Gore's ghost !!!!
    Last edited by lewisb; 09-26-2016, 11:35 PM.

Re: The spirit is willing BUT

Originally posted by lewisb View Post
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is more willing

a great quote from a sci-fi story I read today........ great truth for us though ... no matter how much we strive for Godliness, the ol flesh gets in the way, the whole way, every step....
    Great quote, Lewis! You would think, Paul, said it?

I think this truth is a great barometer of whether one has the Holy Spirit in residence? And thus why all of the prophet's of God felt soooooooooooo unworthy in His presence?

I think all believers hunger for Heaven for this one reason alone, "no more struggle with the flesh"!

Comment

Working...
    X