British PM to trigger Brexit without vote by lawmakers: Telegraph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British PM to trigger Brexit without vote by lawmakers: Telegraph

British Prime Minister Theresa May will not hold a parliamentary vote on Brexit before formally triggering Britain's withdrawal from the European Union, The Daily Telegraph reported on Saturday, without specifying sources.

May will not offer opponents the chance to stall the withdrawal and has consulted lawyers who say she has the power to invoke the exit without a parliamentary vote, the conservative newspaper said. A majority of the 650 lawmakers had declared themselves "Remainers".
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-br...+World+News%29

How very odd. After the vote there were ample and justified opportunities for the opposition of Brexit to hold another vote. But instead they jumped at the opportunity to separate.

And even now, the opposition don't seem worried that it is going to change anything at all in the grander scheme of things.
    Last edited by SAT; 08-27-2016, 10:20 AM.

Re: British PM to trigger Brexit without vote by lawmakers: Telegraph

It sounds like Zero with his penchant for using executive orders to bypass the system

Comment

I'm still thinking .. of course, can be wrong .. that this is leading to a REbuild of the EU into a better suited-for-today entity. Given the long history of attempting the EU, it is almost like what they have now is the result of experimenting to see what works and what doesn't. And now they know (or think they do ) and want to rebuild it.

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I was just curious if that idea was out there .. did a search on "rebuild eu"

LOTS!

Example with Soros

Didn't read it yet (skimmed) but marketwatch is usually reliable

Issachar
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Agree Issachar. We do know the EU is clearly saying Britain leaving is making it easier to move forward on an EU military etc. And it opened the door for Rome to take Britain's position at the table.

http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...-of-food-water

Comment

NO coincidences where God is concerned!

Comment

Working...
            X