Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ukraine at a Crossroads: Could Putin Lose His Job Over Mishandling the Crisis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukraine at a Crossroads: Could Putin Lose His Job Over Mishandling the Crisis?

This article is actually very interesting for those wondering about Russia. The first half is stuff most already know, but the second half is actually quite interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joseph..._11613554.html

Re: Ukraine at a Crossroads: Could Putin Lose His Job Over Mishandling the Crisis?

It would surprise me if there was an uprising against Putin. He seems more dictator than president and I don't think the people would expect that to work...but you never know...we are in very different times right now.

Comment

Re: Ukraine at a Crossroads: Could Putin Lose His Job Over Mishandling the Crisis?

Originally posted by SueC View Post
      It would surprise me if there was an uprising against Putin. He seems more dictator than president and I don't think the people would expect that to work...but you never know...we are in very different times right now.
      The weirdest part of all this to me???? The Russian people get the interest in Ukraine etc. What angers them??? They say they just don't get it???? Putin meddling in the middle east. Add to that the cost (Russia just can't afford it)and apparently they just want Putin/Russia out of there.

Comment

I doubt there is a big understanding of bible prophecy in the Russian people, so they wouldn't 'get it' why Russia has any business in the Middle East.

Comment

I doubt there is a big understanding of bible prophecy in the Russian people, so they wouldn't 'get it' why Russia has any business in the Middle East.
          lol you got my curiosity on what the Orthodox believes as this would be the majority especially after the fall of the USSR. Putin goes to church every weekend and his moves have been to make them the premier church in Russia.
          I don't know how accurate this is so if anyone knows for sure please let me know.

Orthodox Eschatology

http://orthodoxeschatology.blogspot....rophecies.html

While the Orthodox consider the text of the Apocalypse (Book of Revelation) to be a part of Scripture, it is also regarded to be a mystery. Speculation on the contents of Revelation are minimal and it is never read as part of the regular order of services.[citation needed] Those theologians who have delved into its pages tend to be amillennialist in their eschatology, believing that the "thousand years" spoken of in biblical prophecy refers to the present time: from the Crucifixion of Christ until the Second Coming.

While it is not usually taught in church it is often used as a reminder of God’s promise to those who love Him, and of the benefits of avoiding sinful passions. Iconographic depictions of the Final Judgment are often portrayed on the back (western) wall of the church building to remind the departing faithful to be vigilant in their struggle against sin. Likewise it is often painted on the walls of the Trapeza (refectory) in a monastery where monks may be inspired to sobriety and detachment from worldly things while they eat.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

Amillennialism (Greek: a- "no" + millennialism), in Christian eschatology, involves the rejection of the belief that Jesus will have a literal, thousand-year-long, physical reign on the earth. This rejection contrasts with premillennial and some postmillennial interpretations of chapter 20 of the Book of Revelation.

The amillennial view regards the "thousand years" mentioned in Revelation 20 as a symbolic number, not as a literal description; amillennialists hold that the millennium has already begun and is identical with the current church age. Amillennialism holds that while Christ's reign during the millennium is spiritual in nature, at the end of the church age, Christ will return in final judgment and establish a permanent reign in the new heaven and new earth.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amillennialism

And the Orthodox church is moving quickly to place themselves under the RC church/Pope once again.
          Putin has also met with the Pope frequently

Plus Putin and the rest of the Russian population gives their religious beliefs as their reason for rejecting gay rights etc. being promoted by the political arm of the one world order.
          Last edited by SAT; 08-20-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

So does this make sense with Putin's actions?

Comment

I don't know, but that position seems to mirror a lot of today's churches! Don't talk about the end times, except maybe once a year!

Comment

I don't know, but that position seems to mirror a lot of today's churches! Don't talk about the end times, except maybe once a year!
                Sooo true.

Comment

Working...
                X