The Messiah of the Hebrew Scriptures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Messiah of the Hebrew Scriptures

I just got this book yesterday. I just started to go through it. Already, I want to share with you all, this book.

Ha-Mashiach; The Messiah of the Hebrew Scriptures (Second Edition: 2014)

Author: Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum

Ha-Mashiach is an updated version of Messianic Christology, a detailed study by a Messianic Jew / Hebrew Christian scholar. This shows how Jesus (Yeshua) of Nazareth fulfilled numerous Tanakh (Old Testament) prophecies in His first coming. Some of those prophecies have a clear expiration date, showing that only Jesus could have fulfilled them. The Old Testament shows that the prophesied Messiah must be fully God and fully Man, would die for our sins, and rise from the dead.
    I know some of you know of the author, but don't know if you know about this book. I'll be spending a lot of time going through it. Already I feel even a deeper reverence for God's Word .. and I didn't know I could.

I got it bundled with a video: Jesus in Genesis; The Messianic Prophecies. I watched it last night and cannot wait to be able to go through it again with my notebook on hand. Presenter is Dr. Jonathan Sarfati (a Messianic Jew). You may recognize his name from some of the material I post/link to concerning Genesis; the book of beginnings.

See how the whole Bible, right from the beginning, points to Jesus Christ as God and man, and Saviour. The time, place and manner of His birth, and His mission, are just what the prophets foretold. Genesis is foundational to all this teaching.
    My only complaint about the video is that it is only 43 minutes .. but with the book too, it's ok .. though I wish it were longer.

Somehow I got them together at a decent price, but I don't remember where .. it may have been via an email offer. If I find that, I'll post it.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.
Working...
X