Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walid Shoebat turns Bible prophecy on its ear :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walid Shoebat turns Bible prophecy on its ear

Bro Andy ...go fishing... when kicking back beside that mountian lake, you can allways hammer on your laptop between nibbles...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
      By 30 Nov I have to use 199 hours ..
      Is that even legal?!

I had two weeks, unpaid in 2009 and 4 days last September, unpaid. If you have a difficult time using all your vacation time, ... well, you know where to send some, right?

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
        Is that even legal?!

If you have a difficult time using all your vacation time, ... well, you know where to send some, right?

Issachar
        Believe me, I get that ALL the time from my coworkers. In all honesty if they were to allow me to sell my PTO (paid time off) hours to my coworkers, I'd do it in a heartbeat! Silly, I know - I should enjoy taking time off but I'm programmed to just get up and go to work...I RARELY get sick (especially after the sinuplasty I had that has dramatically reduced my sinus infections) and with 9 years tenure I'm accruing at a pretty good rate/month so...it just sort of builds up. I'm really not complaining, I promise - I've been taking 4-day weekends (like I am tomorrow/Tues) and it really is nice.

Comment

I think vacation is good for the soul! All work and no play, you know....

Comment

If you want a workcation that much, how much money do you have saved up? There's got to be a shrot term mission trip somewhere you could take doing something, even right here int he US.

Or, just make one of your own. Give yourself a 5,000 tract challenge in the inner city somewhere, handing them out, witnessing, praying. Sure, you might wonder how much you'd be able to impact, but if 1 soul gets saved who wouldn't have otherwise it's worth it. It's probably a short dr5ive to some big city considering you're in Texas, if memory serves.
            My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
            Please print, pass on these items:
            http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
            http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

That's the catch-22, Doug. Because I'm the only one that does my job there is no one there to handle my duties if I'm not there - thus, I have to take time off in short spurts - few days here and there. Can't just take off. Your idea of tracts is good for when it cools down a bit. Much as I personally enjoy the heat here in Texas my lungs don't enjoy it so I have to restrict how much time I'm outside.

I'm not saying I'm sitting home, bored. I'm still an online missionary for GMO and I have plenty of things to do. I'm just not used to not working when it's M-F.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                Your idea of tracts is good for when it cools down a bit. Much as I personally enjoy the heat here in Texas my lungs don't enjoy it so I have to restrict how much time I'm outside.
                I wondered if people who lived there ever really dapted to it. Some places remind me of the line in one of those books on funny things students have written that has as a line from an essay, "It's so hot in California people who live there have to live in other places." (Which does make sense in a Yogi Berra fashion, it can mean a summer home somewhere else, but sounds quite odd.)
                My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
                Please print, pass on these items:
                http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
                http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

I wondered if people who lived there ever really adapted to it.
                  if you do a "2nd shift life", the summer heat is more tolerable...sleep till noon, go outside at dusk so you miss the BROILING sun ...
                  do stuff after midnight finally get to sleep about 4am...

I did 2nd shift at the shipyard for 10 years...... really liked it....

Comment

Originally posted by lewisb View Post
                    if you do a "2nd shift life", the summer heat is more tolerable...sleep till noon, go outside at dusk so you miss the BROILING sun ...
                    do stuff after midnight finally get to sleep about 4am...

I did 2nd shift at the shipyard for 10 years...... really liked it....
                    When I was a manager of union employees, 2nd shift got higher pay than even 3rd shift, because when you have a family, most things with children, happen during during that time, ie. sporting events, school functions, etc.

So, glad I am retired and don't even have to think about all of the pc rules, and trying to deal with people who are more and more lost, on drugs, poorly motivated, lovers of selves, and on and on! I feel for all of you that still have to put yourselves out there! Without the Holy Spirit I don't know how you would do it?

Comment

Working...
                    X