Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lion will Lie down with the Lamb... Where is it????!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lion will Lie down with the Lamb... Where is it????!!!!

Did you guys talk about this yet??

Up until recently (the last few weeks, maybe two months?) I have been NOT able to find this Scripture in Isaiah 11 which describes the Kingdom Age...

I cannot find it anywhere! Not in any of my hard copy paper Bibles! I had this verse underlined and highlighted in my NIV Study Bible. I know NIV, nearly inspired, I agree... but however it was my first Bible that I started reading when I got saved in 1989 and started writing notes in and I have this Scripture annotated like crazy.

This Scripture ... "the Lion will lie down with the Lamb" ... (verse 6) was in my NIV Bible, NKJV and KJV Bible ....... and I was looking for it a few weeks ago and again a few days ago and couldn't find it in my paper Bibles or online bibles! So I thought maybe I remember the Scripture wrong. But no, I remember it correctly. I memorized this Scripture years and years ago into my long term memory.

But the strange thing is, no paper Bibles, no online Bible version has ... "the lion will lie down with the lamb..." Verse 6 is completely different now.

Those of us who have these Scriptures written in our hearts in our spirits..... and not just in our memories ... know God's Word in minute detail because the Holy Spirit brings His Word to our remembrance (John 14:26) and we can see ALL paper and online Bibles on earth have the words different in every version.

What's going on??? Is it the Cern changing things because they are opening up portals into the next dimension?

Do any of you guys have Isaiah 11:6 in your Bibles that states it correctly, "... the lion will lie down with the lamb..."
    Last edited by Butterfly; 05-30-2016, 06:37 PM.

Re: The Lion will Lie down with the Lamb... Where is it????!!!!

No problems, just something I, also, have quoted often and thought I had memorized, but my print KJV also has the same thing as the online one at biblehub.com,

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them."

So, you're not the only one who was stunned. I did just quote that verse in our radio show's Millennium series last year but it's easy to forget, though it does make more sense this way, wolves to attack sheep more often than lions do, and it does mention a lion later.

For me, I think the reason I do it is because I'm used to connecting the Lion of Judah and the Lamb that was slain. That's a popular song at my church, in fact, as I wrote that it started going through my head.

Or, maybe I do it just because they both begin with "l".
    My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
    Please print, pass on these items:
    http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
    http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

So I asked my roommate earlier if he knew the Scripture about the lion lying down with the lamb and he did remember the Scripture stating those words exactly and he took it further about the something else eating straw like an ox. This is what I remember too.

So I just got back from lunch with my brother and good girl friend. I hadn't seen or talked to them since Veteran's Day and my beloved dog died about a month ago so I said, "Did I tell you Tigger when home to be with the Lord about a month ago?"

So we had a conversation about this. He said he didn't think animals go to Heaven. She said, "I think they do. 'The lion will lie down with the lamb'." I got so excited! I said, "You know that Scripture? How does it go?"

She said, "The lion will lie down with the lamb and the wolf will eat straw like an ox."

And there is Lion & Lamb Ministries. David Reagan. You know this ministry, it's like 20 years old now. Why would they call themselves Lion and Lamb if the Scripture actually says "The wolf shall dwell with the lamb"?

Does somebody have Isaiah 11:6 written down somewhere so we can see how this Scripture originally is worded? Or can somebody pull this Scripture from their memory banks and tell exactly how it goes? Because all the Bibles I can find has it all different whether hard copy or online.

I was doing research on the topic of dogs and cats going to Heaven around March because my dog was sick and I wanted to be assured I will see him again if he didn't recover, and when I looked up the Scripture about the lion will lie down with the lamb because it talks about animals being in the Millennial Kingdom, but the Scripture had changed completely no matter what Bible or version I look at. I mean all of a sudden it completely changed! I read Isaiah chapter 11 scores of times over the years and never read anything in verses 6, 7, 8 like what is in all Bible on the globe now!!!

Check this out:
      http://www.andrewcorbett.net/articles/lion-lamb/

What does the Bible mean by the expression the lion and lamb shall lay down together?!
      Written by Dr Andrew Corbett, President of ICI Theological College Australia, and author of the popular commentary on the Book of Revelation- The Most Embarrassing Book In The Bible, September 24th 2011

The Lion and the Lamb shall lay down together

The "lion and the lamb shall lay down together" is often cited a prophecy speaking of a literal utopia on earth to come - a Golden Age - referred to as 'The Millennium'. It is argued that since so many of the prophecies regarding The Christ's first appearing were fulfilled literally, surely such prophecies of a Golden Age will also be fulfilled literally. This yet-to-come Golden Age ("The Millennium") is spoken of as "Paradise Restored" - an age of Paradise on earth where there will be no death, sorrow, pain or sickness. The prophets described this era with the expression, "the lion and the lamb shall lay down together..." But there is a slight, ever so slight, problem with this: the expression, the lion and lamb shall lay down together does not occur in the Bible! The closest we can get to it Isaiah 11:6.

¶ The wolf shall dwell with the lamb,
      and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
      and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together;
      and a little child shall lead them.
      Isaiah 11:6

I was with a group of pastors recently in Sydney where one of them quizzed me about the prophecy in the Old Testament referring to the lion and lamb laying down together. I gently pointed out that this expression doesn't appear in the Bible. They immediately challenged my assertion. I quoted Isaiah 11:6 and pointed out that it refers to the wolf and the lamb not the lion and the lamb. I pointed out the significance of this prophecy and its most probable interpretation. They said that they would check this out when they returned home to their computer and I presume correct me if they could prove me wrong. I haven't heard from them.

It's interesting how many things are cited as if they are in the Bible. Like, one shall put a thousand to flight and two shall put ten thousand to flight is often quoted by leadership teachers about the power of an individual or a duo. But how many realise this citation refers to what Israel's enemies could do to them if they broke Covenant with God (not what they would do to their enemies)? (Deut. 32:30)

Comment

Typically, when someone is thinking of the “lion and the lamb,” Isaiah 11:6 is in mind due to it often being misquoted, “And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together.” The true “Lion and the Lamb” passage is Revelation 5:5–6. The Lion and the Lamb both refer to Jesus Christ. He is both the conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah and the Lamb who was slain. The Lion and the Lamb are descriptions of two aspects of the nature of Christ. As the Lion of Judah, He fulfills the prophecy of Genesis 49:9 and is the Messiah who would come from the tribe of Judah. As the Lamb of God, He is the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Lion-and-the-Lamb.html

wlnf

Comment

I know what paper Bibles of all versions say now and what all online Bibles say now. But I was doing a study back in 2011 thru 2013 about dogs in Heaven when I began Watching in earnest after my Mom went Home and I read the passages in Isaiah 11 about the Kingdom Age over and over again and especially beginning in verse 6 and wrote it down in my notes verbatim and typed up these passages over and over and have verses 6-8 hidden in my heart. I know the this passage! I can still see verse 6 in my long term memory from my Bibles in my mind's eye, "The lion shall lie down with the lamb". I was worried about the Rapture taking place and my dogs being left behind and so I was reassuring myself about my dogs going in the Rapture or being resurrected in the Kingdom Age. I read verse 6 over and over again both in my paper Bibles and online Bibles and it said, "the lion will lie down with the lamb.."

And when Tigger got sick last year I read the passage again and it said, "the lion will lie down with the lamb.." just as it always said ever since I read it years and decades before. So earlier this years when Tigger was not recovering I went back to Isaiah 11: 6 and the passage changed to "the wolf will dwell with the lamb".

When I memorized Scripture it's there forever because the Holy Spirit brings His Word to my remembrance exactly as it is written. You guys know this too! That's what the Holy Spirit does! Regarding certain passages, I know the Word! The Word is hidden in my heart!

I also know Yeshua is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah and He is the Lamb of God. But I also know Isaiah 11:6 because I have been reading it over and over again since 1989. And in all versions of the Bible, it said, "..the lion will lie down with the lamb..."

You guys know me. You know I have been a Watchman here on WedG since 1999 Watching with you all ever since. Andy, you remember me since 1999.

I will not doubt my long term memory. It's almost perfect. God created long term memory that way. Short term memory, I don't trust it.

I know I'm not the only one who remembers Isaiah 11:6 as, "... the lion will lie down with the lamb..." You guys remember this passage as I remember it also, so don't doubt the Word that is written in your hearts.

Why the passage changed on every Bible on the globe in recent months, I don't know. But we know the closer we get to the Rapture, the veil will thin and lift and tear in my places and the "strong delusion" and demonic supernatural events will manifest just as it is written......

Thanks, wlnf and Doug for your input. Please let us on a daily basis hide the Word in our hearts because whatever is happening, may continue to happen as the veil lifts and there is bleed through from the spirit dimension and we must trust the Word that is written in our hearts because the Enemy hates the Word and wants us to doubt the Word as it is written in our hearts and the Word is our life!

Please share your comments about this very important matter! I know I'm not losing it and neither are you. Trust your long term memories and the Word that is written and hidden in your hearts - it's there forever.

How do YOU ALL remember Isaiah 11:6 ???

Comment

I remember it as the Lion will lay down with the Lamb, too but not strictly from memorization. I can't find my older bibles, so the newer ones have the wolf version. In any case, the message of peace between the species when the Lord returns is comforting.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly
              Why the passage changed on every Bible on the globe in recent months, I don't know. But we know the closer we get to the Rapture, the veil will thin and lift and tear in my places and the "strong delusion" and demonic supernatural events will manifest just as it is written......
              I am not certain what you mean by this Butterfly. "Changed" as in new versions? Or even old one's were somehow changed?

I was entered into salvation in early '74 .. 42 years ago. My wife gave me a KJV bible at that time. I still have it.

Isaiah 11:
              The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, ...

This was discussed too, two years ago ..

Issachar
              The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Two years ago!?! Issachar!!! What was discussed??? What was said?!? Can you post the link? I am going to try to search the archives.

Comment

The link is the blue letters in my post.

Issachar
                  The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

The point is, this Scripture is a key Scripture, an iconic Scripture for me. In worldly terms as in a blockbuster movie, a famous line for me. This particular Scripture, I know inside and out. Going back decades I've read it hundreds of times in my paper NIV, KJV, NKJV, Geneva Bibles and all kind of other versions.

Over the years when I came across a Bible in different versions I look it up because I love it so much, especially after my Mom passed, it comforted me to read about the Kingdom Age. I've looked up Isaiah 11:6 online at Bible Hub, Bible Gateway, Blue Letter Bible, and looked at all the different version, translations, be it a paraphrase, literal, every single version online, I've analyized, okay. Every single online version stated, "lion" lay/lie down with the "lamb" Those two words did not change. The various versions will not change something so drastically within a verse. They maybe reword it, use a synonym verb like, replace, "shall" with "will", "lie down" with "lay down", "hart" with "deer" but keep it the same thing. Different versions do not replace words like "lion" with "wolf".

In the past, no Bible in the world replaced the word "lion" with "wolf" !!!!! They are two different animals, not even close!!! In spiritual term, God used the lion to represent Jesus/Yeshua and the wolf to represent Satan !!!

If the Enemy was to enter our dimension and start changing passages in all the paper/electronic Bibles in the world in very subtle ways, words here words there thinking nobody will notice the change, he picked the wrong Scripture! This is one very specific Scripture, a theme Scripture for me if you will, that I will definitely notice.

It's like the story about how bankers were taught how to recognize a counterfeit is the study the genuine money. You know the real thing so completely you are able to see any slight change or deviation to the real thing....

That's me and Isaiah 11:6. Never, never, never, never did any version, any translation of the Bible have the word "wolf" instead of "lion". My old NIV that I've marked up, highlighted etc always had "lion" will lie down/lay down with the lamb.... Now that same Bible says "wolf" !!!! I smell a wolf, a wolf in sheep's clothing !!!

Can somebody search the archives and link the post to the discussion from two years ago??? I could have sworn even a year ago, my Bible said "lion" but maybe it was two years ago. I want to know when this changing of the Scriptures occurred.

You guys know how much Satan hates God's Word and if he was to attack and destroy anything, it would be God's Word. Good grief, after we leave in the Rapture (the days before our departure a very few indeed), those left behind will search the Bibles to find out what happened and what if what is written in this dimension is completely different??

This is a huge spiritual event, Brothers and Sisters!!! We need to be reading our Bibles every free second of the day and memorize and hide God's Word as He wrote it in our hearts NOW before the rest of the Holy Bibles have been changed, the very meanings have changed. I believe this will occur daily until our Departure. We need to hide God's Word in our hearts and share it with everybody. We need to be saying to everybody, "The Bible says....." People need to know now what God really said. We need to share the Good News now, how to get saved now because in a short time Satan will change the Bibles to say lies about how to get saved. That makes me so mad!!!!!

Let us be reading the New Testament over and over again right now because there is a strong delusion taking place and we need to know God's Word no matter how the paper and online Bible get changed in this dimension.

Remember this physical dimension/realm is not the real thing, it is the Matrix and that's why Jesus and His disciples were able to manipulate it so easily with miracles by the authority of Christ. The real thing is the spiritual realm/dimension. This world is not the real thing. The spirit world is the real thing.

Comment

Thank you, Issachar. I found the link you referenced. It was my post asking about Dogs in Heaven, and I remember it. I was hoping the Rapture was very close in 2014 and I was worried about my dogs getting left behind. I searched every post and there was no reference to or quoting form Isaiah 11:6.

That's okay, I trust my memory of Isaiah 11:6 100%. I do not doubt my recollection or memories at all. I trust my recollection of Isaiah 11:6. it said, "the lion will lay down with the lamb". Period. I don't care what websites say, what online Bibles say, what paper Bible say, because at some point in the recent past, God's Word said, "the lion will lay down/lie down with the lamb". That will never change. God said it, it's forever true and it will happen. The lion WILL lay down the lamb in the Millennial Kingdom Age. Every Bible on the planet said, "the lion will lay down with the lamb" in Isaiah 11:6 a short time ago. I will never recant that truth.

I simply do not trust what is now manifesting in this world. Satan is the god of this world. This world is not my world. This world is not my home. Satan is tricking us and playing with the elements, manipulating this dimension. I knew when they turned Cern on full blast last year or the end of 2014 with the intention of opening portal into the Abyss, the Bottomless Pit in the center of the earth, supernatural events would manifest. I figured there would be more demon possessions, more UFO's, mythological creatures, fairies, satyrs, monsters, etc running around.

Changing the existing Bibles... I didn't see this coming! But it makes sense! What does Satan hate? God's Word! Of course Satan would literally attack God's Word. And not just by creating new versions with doctrines of demons, but changing the words and meanings of existing Bibles. However many months ago it said this, now it says that.

Brothers and Sisters please do not doubt your memories of God's Word hidden in your hearts, no matter what other Websites say and we can see and touch might say about God's Word hidden in our hearts.

Stay hidden in Christ, stay in prayer, forgive everyone including self, repent always, pray without ceasing, do not be carnally minded, but spiritually minded with the Mind of Christ, because Satan has abilities above our own abilities BUT in Christ, we believers have authority over Satan in the authority of Christ. Amen!!!

Luke 10:19

“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”

King James Version (KJV)

Comment

OK I'll chime in here. Butterfly your memory is flawed. I have a John Darby 1961 translation of the bible. I have a King James published in 1966 that belonged to my father. Both of these quote Is 11:6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb." I have been in possession of these bibles for many years. I don't think anyone crept in to my house unawares and changed the text (although the internet itself could be edited)

Comment

HSB, that is exactly my point!!!!

My memory is not flawed. I am 100% certain of this passage stating the lion will lay down with the lamb and some carnivorous animal (non plant eating animal) will eat straw like the ox. That animal I can't remember at the moment. I am telling you, brothers and sisters, memorize key Scriptures now because with each passing day, the verbiage every Bible on the planet will change. This is not a flesh and blood battle. This is a Ephesian 6 warfare.....

Like I said the abilities of the Enemy is greater than ours but we have authority over the Enemy in Christ. It is Christ's authority, not ours, that He gave us if we abide in Christ.

I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!
                          2 Corinthians 5:21

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
                          Matthew 28:18

Memorize key passages, hide them in your heart. Especially in the New Testament. Key passages in regard to the authority and person of Jesus Christ, who Jesus is, His deity and authority. Memorize key passages in regard to righteousness relating to our social issues, like abortion, homosexuality.

I would bet anything that passages about condemning homosexuality and abortion will change to insinuate abortion, fornication, homosexuality, greed, anger, murder, etc will change in every Bible on the planet. And these sins of the flesh will seem to be okay. Memorize key passages about repentance, salvation. I have to think of others when I have more time.

Comment

Is it time for a moderator comment?

Comment

Intending to be gentle and kind here, but also truthful to the best of my ability in Christ ..

If the devil could somehow supernaturally change words in already printed bibles, including bibles that have been around for decades and centuries, then it would be like God letting us down. We would have no solid basis for anything we believe, including our actual faith in Christ. Now I am quite certain that the devil would love nothing more than to be able to do that .. but, God is faithful and just and all powerful. He will not let His Word be changed in meaning.

Matthew 5:
                              For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

I am 100% certain of this passage stating the lion will lay down with the lamb and some carnivorous animal (non plant eating animal) will eat straw like the ox. That animal I can't remember at the moment.
                              Isaiah 11:
                              And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

In the past, no Bible in the world replaced the word "lion" with "wolf" !!!!! They are two different animals, not even close!!! In spiritual term, God used the lion to represent Jesus/Yeshua and the wolf to represent Satan !!!
                              Yes, it is true that a lion and wolf are two different animals. Both, post flood in Noah's day, are carnivores .. for the most part. But a lion does not always represent Jesus and the wolf, satan.

1 Peter 5:
                              Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

But the wolf in this passage isn't nice:

John 10:
                              I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
                              12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
                              13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

But the wolf too, will feed with the lambs, according to God ...

Isaiah 65:
                              The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Issachar

Comment

Working...
                              X