Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DOWn

Originally posted by Wendy
    Does any one understand the effect of zero interest rates?
    This article is a good read and discusses some of the negative effects. I believe that any interest rates not set by a free market, are wrong no matter where they're set. In fact, (it's probably plain from my postings) I believe the whole economic system the world uses (fiat) is corrupt at it's foundation.

The Diabolical Side of ZIRP

December 14, 2015•Mark Thornton

The pages of Mises.org have been filled with analysis on the impacts of ZIRP, or Zero Interest Rate Policy (of the Federal Reserve) for many years. Even though the recession officially ended 6 1/2 years ago, the policy has remain in place for the last 7 years. The main results of the policy has been to benefit the large banks and to generate bubble in asset markets. However, there is a much more diabolical side of ZIRP, its negative impacts on the productive and savings classes.

While banks have enjoyed low interest rates by the Fed, some have also been receiving risk free interest from the Fed on thir "excess reserves." [The excess reserves is money they received from the Fed in exchange for the banks' toxic assets, such as mortgage backed securities.] Savers have suffered mightily under the policy. For example, my savings account earns me .01 of 1% interest so that I receive 1 penny for every $100 saved for a year. I would have to have $1.2 million in savings just to reach the Federal poverty level income.

That is a problem that millions of Americans have been facing for the last 7 years.
    more

More negative effects of zirp

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Headline:
      Shipping Said to Have Ceased… Is the Worldwide Economy Grinding to a Halt?
      >>>>>>>>>>>
      Commerce between Europe and North America has literally come to a halt. For the first time in known history, not one cargo ship is in-transit in the North Atlantic between Europe and North America. All of them (hundreds) are either anchored offshore or in-port. NOTHING is moving.
      This has never happened before. It is a horrific economic sign; proof that commerce is literally stopped.

https://www.dollarvigilante.com/blog...to-a-halt.html

Comment

I know this was true in the early part of January .. do you know if it still is?

Issachar
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Ok give me the latest in the simplest words you can find about the economy. My husband and I have different views. Here is mine. I want to take all of the money in our 401 and 403 and put it under my mattress. Where it won't do a bit of good but at least the government won't have their way with it. Now onto reality. I want to use some of the money in my 403 for things that need to be done at the house and now that I am old and I can access up to a certain amount my husband is totally against it. I know...I know. But I have my reasons for my thoughts too. Like I'm afraid we will wake up one morning and be told sorry folks but the government needs your money more than you do. Now I still have six years to work so what ever we do use of it I will still be putting 10% of my paycheck into it. And I have a 401 pension as well. But we live paycheck to paycheck and have many needs to repair on our home if the the Lord tarries. So I don't know. I don't want to upset my hubby but with him being handicapped and on disability we wont be able to sock enough to do what needs to be done. I thank God we outright own our home and have very little other debt but everyday living pretty much uses what we have.

Comment

(Not ignoring you Jackie .. just thinking.)

The following are the legitimate reasons for the markets to be making such huge swings this month:
            _
            _
            _
            _
            _
            This page intentionally left blank.

Issachar

Comment

It all came back up!

DOW 18348 (previous high 18312)

Comment

Working...
              X