DOWn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOWn

So this is January 15, 2016 and the DOWn has lost almost 2,000 points. Globally, most markets are down; many, by a lot.

In and of itself, I don't think this means much like it would have (percentage wise) ten or more years ago. Right now I'm thinking it is but one aspect of something bigger, globally. As we know, the industrialized nations, over the past 40ish years, have been creating a LOT of fiat (useless in itself) money. It is primarily what drives up prices of goods and services.

Price increases are not inflation, they are the result of inflation. Inflation is when they inflate the money supply .. and they've been doing that rather handily. Price inflation is usually preceded by deflation. I'm wondering if that is what is starting to happen? It's not just stocks .. Look at energy prices, housing is teetering ..

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Re: DOWn

Sitting here watching the market (one can do that when retired) and was just waiting for your prognostication today, Larry!

What the stock market is doing, depends on who one thinks controls it or it can be a lot of things. The Sauds seem to want to punish Iran with low oil prices so even though POTUS is going to open the oil flood gates there, come Hell or high water they won't make as much money to continue to try to take Arabia out?

Per The Word, if we are in the endtimes (been saying that for 40+ years) then a global currency could be in the works. And we can't have a super power like us, the US. Heard one commentator claim that surely the Fed's wouldn't increase interest rates, if we weren't able to handle it? Wanna bet? It may be all towards getting Hillaryous elected too,?

Only thing we know, at this minute, is there are some good deals in stocks. Most of my money is tied up in ETF's, which cover all sectors, sizes, etc., of stocks in them, allowing the sharing of wins and losses. Thank you John Bogle, founder of Vanguard!

We can worry about it and let the Devil win or put our faith in Jesus and ride it out in what ever direction He sends us because He says He will eventually send us to be with Him!

I bet a lot of people, even here, made the ridiculous purchase of lottery tickets recently, which is nothing but straight out gambling, frowned on by our Creator. Playing the stock market every day is much the same because you are gambling that some one will decide to buy or sell more of one stock on that particular day, for a good reason, a rumor, tax right-off or no reason at all! Choosing a stock based on analysis of it's owners, efficiencies, market sector, history, etc. is not gambling because it is not relying on blind luck! And this is more of a long time decision not a split one.

Only God knows what is going on and our prayer should not be, "protect my assets, Lord," but "show me Your Will!"

Comment

China and Oil are the 2 main causes in the global downturn........
      OPEC is in panic, right on the edge of financial collapse and revolution...

the China housing bubble is going to collapse soon.
      the China industrial debt is way way over leveraged, debt propelled, can only go Down...
      The Chinese population is ageing meaning that the number of available workers has shrunk, causing spiraling ^^^ wages and jobs leaving China for much poorer nations...

Exactly what happened to Japan a generation ago... The Japanese stock market plunged from 30,000 to 7000 and has never recovered...

IMHO, China, Saudi Arabia, OPEC, et/al deserve what they get......

Comment

Originally posted by lewisb View Post
        China and Oil are the 2 main causes in the global downturn........
        OPEC is in panic, right on the edge of financial collapse and revolution...

the China housing bubble is going to collapse soon.
        the China industrial debt is way way over leveraged, debt propelled, can only go Down...
        The Chinese population is ageing meaning that the number of available workers has shrunk, causing spiraling ^^^ wages and jobs leaving China for much poorer nations...

Exactly what happened to Japan a generation ago... The Japanese stock market plunged from 30,000 to 7000 and has never recovered...

IMHO, China, Saudi Arabia, OPEC, et/al deserve what they get......
        Lewis, I agree except for the "availability of workers"? From my understanding they have a surplus of males, especially, possibly creating the Revelation 200,000,000 soldier scenario?

Comment

Exactly what happened to Japan a generation ago... The Japanese stock market plunged from 30,000 to 7000 and has never recovered.
          And, while Japan impacted the world economy a fair amount, China is so intertwined, primarily becasue it's so big...

Japan was a gun shouting "cannonball" and jumping into a pool - stings and gets the outside a bit wet, but it mostlys tays in the pool.

China will be a sumo wrestler shouting "cannonball" and jumping into a bathtub.
          My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
          Please print, pass on these items:
          http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
          http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

population ratio 108 males to 100 females ..... the population of working people has already reached its peak and is now declining, stressing the availability of cheap labor... making wages go up,,, making China less competitive...
            Chinese population ageing
            https://sg.news.yahoo.com/chinese-po...162112038.html

China's Looming Worker Shortage Threatens Economy

China's working-age population, defined as 15-59, fell 3.45 million last year, official data showed earlier this month -- the first decline since 1963.

http://www.industryweek.com/demograp...eatens-economy

Comment

Major retailers DOWn

partially my fault -- I did my Christmas shopping on line

America's most iconic retailers are shutting down stores and laying off thousands — and this could be just the beginning
              http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americ...184918460.html

Comment

Fundamentals could resurface after wrenching sell-off

From most indications the U.S. economy is far from being in a recession, according to many market participants. The repricing in stocks could help the market shift back to fundamentals after years of focusing on the Federal Reserve and its ultra-low interest rate policy.

That is welcome news for some in the market who have seen stocks trade on variables other than economic data and company earnings.

"I actually am encouraged to see the market drop so we can just get to fair value and take it from there, then it is really determined by the path of the economy, and profits and revenues," said Jack Ablin, chief investment officer at BMO Private Bank in Chicago.

"To me, this is really a result of Fed influence, just a reversing of all this Fed intervention
                http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0UT2NW

What do you think guys?
                If I got it right, if true, that would be stunning?
                Last edited by SAT; 01-16-2016, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SAT View Post
                  Fundamentals could resurface after wrenching sell-off

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0UT2NW

What do you think guys?
                  If I got it right, if true, that would be stunning?
                  Inefficient companies will continue to have difficulty in selling their stocks, over time, whereas, efficient company's stock will eventually be bought, over time. That is about all we can predict in the stock market.

Comment

population ratio 108 males to 100 females ..... the population of working people has already reached its peak and is now declining, stressing the availability of cheap labor... making wages go up,,, making China less competitive...
                    Good article, Lewis! I was unaware, however, "The immediate effect may be small in a nation of 1.35 billion people, but the cumulative effects will accelerate over the coming decades."

Comment

The Baltic (World shipping) Index has fallen off a cliff !!! The index is about how much stuff is being shipped by sea...
                      Pastor JD showed the graph !!! an ant would take quite a tumble down that slope...
                      in 2008 the index was well over 1000, now the index is about 330 !!!

Now that the embargo is lifted, Iranian oil will further glut the world with oil, likely even bringing the price down less than $20, maybe even $10 a barrel..... OPEC is in BIG trouble, and it serves them right

The Bear will HAVE to act NOW to survive .......Gog/Magog,,, anyone???

Rapture now, anyone ???

Comment

The Baltic (World shipping) Index has fallen off a cliff !!! The index is about how much stuff is being shipped by sea...
                        Pastor JD showed the graph !!! an ant would take quite a tumble down that slope...
                        in 2008 the index was well over 1000, now the index is about 330 !!!

Now that the embargo is lifted, Iranian oil will further glut the world with oil, likely even bringing the price down less than $20, maybe even $10 a barrel..... OPEC is in BIG trouble, and it serves them right

The Bear will HAVE to act NOW to survive .......Gog/Magog,,, anyone???

Rapture now, anyone ???
                        Very interesting, Lewis!

I am going to post a video, soon, where a case is made that Mecca will be nuked by Iran, first. Not Dedan, which is further North and will still exist during Ezk. 38 & 39, as mentioned. And it is interesting that Saudi Arabia just beheaded the Iranian Cleric and may be glutting the oil market, in anticipating Iran selling oil and potentially limiting their profits, possibly reasons for an attack?

Comment

The timing behind this release of sanctions is right in step with so many other major factors. The global economy is set to collapse...and I see that as the real reason for this "nuclear deal". All part of the big plan to usher in the world system sooner rather than later.

Comment

If the appointed Anti-Christ is needed to bring in the Imminent New World Order,
                            Does this mean that

the Rapture is imminent ?

be Ok with me

Comment

Investing legend Jack Bogle: 'Stay the course'
                              Fred Imbert | @foimbert
                              45 Mins Ago
                              "Just stay the course. Don't do something, just stand there. This is speculation that we're seeing out there, and you can't respond to it," the investing legend told CNBC's "Power Lunch."

The recent fall in stocks and commodities, particularly oil, has raised questions as to whether or not the economy is at risk of entering a recession. Bogle said the long-term relation between the economy and the stock market is very tight.

In the short term, however, Bogle said: "Nothing has changed."

"In the short run, listen to the economy; don't listen to the stock market," he said. "These moves in the market are like a tale told by an *****: full of sound and fury, signalling nothing."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/20/inves...he-course.html

Comment

Working...
                              X