The real elephant in the room at the Republican debates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real elephant in the room at the Republican debates

Seems no one is willing to mention the reason for the tens of millions unemployed and our sorry economic condition...
    >>>>>The treaties sending our jobs to India, China, et al <<<<<<<

about a dozen billionaires profit and the rest of us suffer......

Re: The real elephant in the room at the Republican debates

Originally posted by lewis
    Seems no one is willing to mention the reason for the tens of millions unemployed and our sorry economic condition...
    >>>>>The treaties sending our jobs to India, China, et al <<<<<<<

about a dozen billionaires profit and the rest of us suffer......
    T'is "the way of the world." It won't change this side of the new heavens new earth.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
      T'is "the way of the world." It won't change this side of the new heavens new earth.

Issachar
      Yep. All throughout the OT we see God's displeasure at this exact model. The more godless the society the more this is rampant...greed takes over the thoughts of all and it's every man for himself (of course women are included in this).

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post

Issachar

Yep; reading Revelation for the first time as arecently saved 20/21YO in 1990 or so, I got my first taste of seeing things through what Joel Rosenberg calls the Biblical lens. Suddenly it made so much sense to me that jobs were leaving my Rust Belt city for overseas, becasue the Beast could more easily control a few big conglomerates than he could tens of thousands of mom and pop places.

I had no idea of the scope or how bad it would get for the U.S., but it's fun, though also quite sad, to remember that first "ah ha" moment seeing things starting to build toward the End Times.

Edit: it's nice to know that God knows what concerns each of us and how when we read the Bible prayerfully, he will comfort us that way with answers. Really makes me thankful to know Him for more than just His great salvation; as He says, life and life more abundantly.
        My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
        Please print, pass on these items:
        http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
        http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

Once upon a time, there was something much more akin to statesmen in the government. They led.

Now, other than a (rare) exception, we only have politicians in government. They follow.

What do these practitioners of poly-tics follow? The wind of polls.

That is why we have elephants in the room .. if the polls don't care, they don't.

Politicians are not worse than most of their constituents. They are humans, just like their constituents. They are simply in one of societies roles that are very high profile, so they seem worse. But they're not. That is why I always respond to the comment, "we need to get all those guys out of Washington and start over with a new group!" .. Really? And from what pool of humans will you pull this new group from?

There are only two races of people on the earth .. those descended from the first Adam and those whose Father is in heaven. The latter still has a long way to go so I'm thinking that pool of people to draw from for that new group to replace all the current politicians, is going to result in more of the same. Besides, doing that (replace all at once) is not in accordance with the constitution so the public would be violating that document same as many there, now are.

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
          X