Dollar could suffer if U.S. walks away from Iran deal: Kerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dollar could suffer if U.S. walks away from Iran deal: Kerry

If the United States walks away from the nuclear deal struck with Iran last month in Vienna and demands that its allies comply with U.S. sanctions, the dollar may soon cease to be the world's reserve currency, the top U.S. diplomat said on Monday.

"If we turn around and nix the deal and then tell them, you're going to have to obey our rules and sanctions anyway, that is a recipe, very quickly .... for the American dollar to cease to be the reserve currency of the world," U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said at a Reuters Newsmaker event.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...Name=worldNews

More than trade, TTIP leads to confident Atlanticism
    http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...nt-Atlanticism

Iran nuclear talks

http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...-nuclear-talks

Re: Dollar could suffer if U.S. walks away from Iran deal: Kerry

That would be laughable if it wasn't such a serious matter.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Hi Issachar
      I would love to hear more.

If I had to take a guess there is actually something behind his comment, which is why I posted the other threads.
      The key phrase???

"If we turn around and nix the deal and then tell them, you're going to have to obey our rules and sanctions anyway
      I think it is the way he phrased the statement

Some believe they can, which is why there have been statements today saying even if the US canned the deal, Iran would still prosper. Europe isn't about to allow the US to dictate the rules at a time that is critical.
      Last edited by SAT; 08-11-2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Obama's Iran nuclear deal rhetoric troubles American Jews

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/10/politi...eal/index.html

Comment

Let's see how many ways we can threaten American's and scare the common-folk into demanding their Representatives accept this pathetic deal.
          1. If we nix this, missiles will fly against Israel. (Be sure to not remind Americans that Iranian missiles have been flying against Israel for a very long time)
          Okay, that didn't work. Let's try this (after all, American's don't care if missiles reign down on Israel)
          2. If we nix this deal your pocketbook will be affected (dollar will collapse). (Be sure to not remind Americans that America no longer has the kind of influence it used to with it's allies).

Anyone want to take a guess at what the next lie ... oops ... threat will be?

Comment

Jmvho?

It has everything to do with the reason the elite were glad Obama got elected. The reason he was declared the right man at the right time.
            The US is the world leader, but they were also trying to complete the new order. The rest of the unions were and are afraid of...

you're going to have to obey our rules and sanctions
            The message some in the US government believe they can present.
            But push tooooo hard and lose control before it is completed. Don't appear to be working as a democracy with your European friends, and lose. It is a very fine line the US is having to walk if they want to stay in control.

PS

The TTIP/TPP thread shows there will be massive control of the world through the one world economic system and control the laws etc.
            The fear out there that one country/one president, elected by Americans only, controlling it all without a democratic process at the top of the new order is a very real fear beyond US borders.

Last edited by SAT; 08-11-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X