Announcement

Collapse

End of WeDG

Hi all,
Due to well over two years of a clear lack of interest in this board, I will be closing it when the hosting is up next month (24 Aug). I see no reason to continue this with the lack of readership and participation.

It's been a wonderful 27+ years, with tons of ups and downs, but with all the excellent resources available to us online via Telegram, YouTube and other platforms - we've outgrown our purpose. I do not believe any huge modification/improvements to the site would help, plus that has always been way beyond my knowledge/skill set.

Y'all know how to reach me.
See more
See less

Coalition passes 1st judicial overhaul law, limiting review of government decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GH
    I have come to the conclusion that the longer you truly walk intimately with God, the less you understand this world system . . .
    Same.

If we love Jesus and Jesus is truth (John 14:6) then as believers, we're lovers of the truth. In a world of lies, darkness, deceit and all manner of evil; in a world where the ruler of "this world" (John 14:30) nothing makes sense. It's a place where all is nonsense:

Isaiah 5:
    Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

It reminds me of Alice going through the looking glass into a world of nonsense and she kept trying to make sense of it. We can't. We only know why it's nonsensical. God has a plan for it all in the end.

underline in v.21 above: I believe it goes back to the first seven verses of Genesis 3. I believe that there lies the answer to all of what humanity has done since the fall. That's a big statement, but God's Word can do that.

Genesis 3:
    And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

So yes, I very much agree GH; "the longer you truly walk intimately with God, the less you understand this world system."

One of my favorite lines in a Christian song is . . . well, I'll post it here. The line is 20 seconds in to 30 seconds.

Issachar

The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

One of my favorite oldie praise and worship songs Issachar. A lot of the best didn't have a lot of words, just power and truth.

Comment

Working...
      X