Announcement

Collapse

End of WeDG

Hi all,
Due to well over two years of a clear lack of interest in this board, I will be closing it when the hosting is up next month (24 Aug). I see no reason to continue this with the lack of readership and participation.

It's been a wonderful 27+ years, with tons of ups and downs, but with all the excellent resources available to us online via Telegram, YouTube and other platforms - we've outgrown our purpose. I do not believe any huge modification/improvements to the site would help, plus that has always been way beyond my knowledge/skill set.

Y'all know how to reach me.
See more
See less

IDF: Halevi did not tell PM that military will break in 48 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDF: Halevi did not tell PM that military will break in 48 hours

More than a total of 11,000 reservists announced over the weekend that they will no longer serve.
    The IDF Spokesperson's Office denied reports on Saturday that IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Herzi Halevi had told Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the military would lose its readiness for maintaining national security within 48 hours, due to protesting reservists against the repeal of the judiciary's reasonableness clause.

The denied leak came shortly after groups leading the call for reservists to quit the IDF announced that 10,000 reservists were joining their cause and 1,194 air force reservists, including an increasing number of combat pilots.
    IDF: Halevi did not tell PM that military will break in 48 hours - Defense News - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

From Amir's Telegram channel:

Ahead of the expected approval in the Knesset’s plenary of the first judicial reform bill - the liberal progressive demon possess media in on tantrum claiming that the Israeli Air Force won’t exist as hundreds of pilots won’t show up to their regular exercise flights.

This is ofcourse fake news and most if not all the active pilots are lamenting the annihilation of the good name of this wonderful branch of our military.
    Given how liberal JPost is - I would not be one bit surprised...but who knows.
    I've often wondered how closely tied to the IDF he still is. Being he was/is a Commander at one time it's possible (IMO) that he still has some very close ties. I know in the US military anyone that's a Colonel or above is subject to recall for 'life'.

Comment

Something to consider Andy???? The left. center and the right are reporting this.
      Behind closed doors, IDF chief says judicial discourse 'harming, dividing' military - www.israelhayom.com

Comment

This is from Debka: https://www.debka.com/air-force-dism...cial-overhaul/

Haaretz is reporting the same thing: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...9-ffad0a150000

I think Amir is wrong on this one. The situation on the entire Judicial Reform is the biggest crisis I have ever seen in Israel. As to Amir's service, all Israelis are required to serve in the IDF, male and female. My ex husband was a retired Col. (28 years) and he did get a letter from the Army every year telling him where to report if they called up retirees. I believe it ceased at age 65.

Comment

Utter chaos in Israel. This is so sad, yet at some point Israel will have NO CHOICE but to trust the God of their fathers.
          From Amir this morning:

A CALL FOR AN URGENT PRAYER
          What I am about to write now is serious and must be taken as such:
          Israel is experiencing a coup attempt led by former prime minister Ehud Barak and his gang of ex-generals.This is something that was in the making for a few years now and the judicial reform was just the excuse. We have videos of zoom calls from over two years ago where they already talked about this.
          The Israeli government and parliament in the next 48 hours will either show that our democracy is stronger that this or maybe this is the end of it.
          While the internal political chaos intensifies the enemies from outside are preparing themselves for the right moment to attack.
          Israel is at the most dangerous situation since it was established in 1948.
          The next three days are critical for Israel, pray that the worst does not happen and we are attacked from several fronts at the same time.

Note: We are in the last few days on the Jewish calendar known as “Between the Straits” - a period of mourning commemorating the destruction of the first and second Jewish temples.

Comment

From Rosenberg's site

Over 10,000 IDF reservists announce they won't serve if Reasonableness Standard Bill passes | All Israel News

Comment

SAT I hope you don't mind that I copied and pasted what I thought were the most cogent parts of the article. Thank you!

I am a bit disturbed that Amir is trying to paint this as a "coup." I don't see it that way at all. The proposed legislation about the Judicial system does extreme damage to the Democracy that Israel has been known for. Netanyahu has stunned most of the world by allowing this craziness to go on. His linkage to the Radical Right Wing continues to confound me. Truly concerning is the way that this potentially put the security of Israel at risk. Praying for Israel

From All Israel News:
              https://allisrael.com/over-10-000-re...d-bill-passes: More at the link

"On Friday, a group of over 1,100 reserve Israel Air Force personnel submitted a letter to IAF Maj.-Gen. Tomer Bar and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant announcing their refusal to serve in the present situation.

“It is the duty of all of us to prevent the destruction of the Third Temple,” the letter stated.

This week, Jews will observe Tisha B’Av (9th of Av), a commemorative day to remember the destruction of the First and Second Temples.

Israel's N12 news reported that Gallant is working to postpone the voting on the bill, or to try reach a compromise with members of the opposition.

“The situation is very worrying, the legislation should be rejected," N12 reported Gallant as saying. In a statement released by his office, Gallant said he was “working in all ways to bring about a broad consensus and prevent harm to security.”

On Saturday, a group of roughly 100 senior defense officials sent their signed letter to Netanyahu, affirming their support for the reservists who have refused to serve.

“We, the generals in the reserves, the extras, the heads of divisions in the Mossad and the retired Shin Bet, stand with them and fully back the fighters who decided to take action and suspend their volunteering for reserve service. At this difficult time, this is an act of national responsibility to defend Israeli democracy,” the letter stated.

The former defense leaders called on Netanyahu to act directly.

“We hold you fully responsible for harming the IDF and Israel's security and expect you to take responsibility, to stop the legislation,” the top leaders wrote. “We expect you to lead a process of dialogue and changes in broad consensus among the people and in the Knesset. We veterans of Israel's wars feel like 'on the eve of the Yom Kippur War' and raise a bright red stop sign in front of you and your government.”

Comment

Never a problem GH

Comment

As I remarked before, it looks like both sides just want their own way. It is not good for judges to appoint judges without any input from the people because it can lead to cronyism. It is not good for a legislature to a point without any input from others if it has the potential to lead to the Judiciary becoming controlled by the legislature. I suppose one compromise could be for all the judges to be elected but we know how messed up that can get. :-)

Did the people want judicial reform? I don't know, it is also mixed up over there. If the people did want judicial reform, they might not have wanted it in the way it is being done. Again, just both sides wanting their own way. I think Amir it's just fearful and sad for the way Israel has become. If people truly did want judicial reform this way and the people's will is being prevented, then I can understand how he could call it that, but it is more like the filibustering that Southerners would do when they wanted to stop civil rights in America. A filibuster might be a better term for what the military is doing if, indeed, it is against the majority will.

people are being lied to so much, however, that it is really hard to know what the public will is because it's hard to know if the public is really believing the truth. Or if anyone even knows the truth.

it is, as others have said, just one more way for them to start to realize they must turn toward the Lord, and realize that only God can help them.

That is a lot harder to do, and a lot harder to see, when the people who claim to be following the Lord the most are, in fact, Pharisees. 1 we recognize the Pharisees right away as Bible believing Christians, and I think most people would agree that this is what the religious parties are in israel. However, it is important to remember that the people of Jesus day also blindly followed the pharisees, because they had to. I mean the common people we're praising Jesus triumphal entry into Jerusalem at first, but then days later as the Pharisees riled the people up, they were shouting to crucify Him.
                  My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
                  Please print, pass on these items:
                  http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
                  http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

Working...
                  X