No announcement yet.

A peace deal with Saudi Arabia could become part of Netanyahu’s legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were a couple of things that hit me about that article.
    1/ The article is published in "TONY BLAIR INSTITUTE FOR GLOBAL CHANGE"
    -they have changed their name.
    -they were/are known for being a leader in what we now know as the interfaith movement/ Abrahamic religion.

2/ Tech companies in Israel have or are threatening to bail out on Israel if they go ahead with the changes those in power are attempting to get through.

Comment

Former Israeli Religious Affairs minister apologizes to Evangelicals for attacks near Western Wall | All Israel News

Comment

At least Kahana acknowledges that Israel has no greater friend than Evangelical Christians.

Comment

This article is interesting as it causes a pause for thought.
          Top Biden official flags 'misreporting' in Israeli press on Saudi normalization | The Times of Israel

All this went down at the same time Likud poll numbers had dropped back down again and Gantz's poll numbers rose back up once again. Coincidence? Political games?

Comment

Shin Bet chief in Washington for talks with US officials fearful of PA collapse | The Times of Israel

Comment

The above article is most interesting SAT. Abbas is a corrupt dictator for all intents and purposes. What I find striking is that you never read anything about anyone who is a more moderate person rising in the ranks of the PA to challenge Abbas. He will not allow an election to be held because he will lose control, he isn't popular even within the PA at this point. It beats me why the US keeps trying to prop him up. When Trump was president he cut off funding for the PA totally. Biden reinstated it.
              Anyone who has a deeper insight into this, please explain it to me. I don't think that Hamas is popular with the average Palestinian either from what I read.

I found this from Memri right after posting the above. Very interesting read from 2 separate Palestinian columnists, gave me quite some insight. https://www.memri.org/reports/palest...tance-factions
              Last edited by Glorify Him; 06-02-2023, 07:56 AM. Reason: Added more

Comment

Israeli Messianic Jewish leader condemns violence by religious Zionist protesters | All Israel News

Ron Cantor, a Messianic Jewish leader in Israel, says he was shocked to hear Jerusalem Deputy Mayor Arieh King praise the protesters at Sunday’s Pentecost 2023 prayer service.

“It was a bit shocking that DM Arieh King praised the protesters, even after they acted violently. He should be held accountable. It is unconscionable that a deputy mayor of Jerusalem would even call for such chilling protests,” Cantor said.

Cantor’s wife, Elana, was shoved and kicked by religious Zionist youth while trying to enter the prayer event Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorify Him View Post
                  The above article is most interesting SAT. Abbas is a corrupt dictator for all intents and purposes. What I find striking is that you never read anything about anyone who is a more moderate person rising in the ranks of the PA to challenge Abbas. He will not allow an election to be held because he will lose control, he isn't popular even within the PA at this point. It beats me why the US keeps trying to prop him up. When Trump was president he cut off funding for the PA totally. Biden reinstated it.
                  Anyone who has a deeper insight into this, please explain it to me. I don't think that Hamas is popular with the average Palestinian either from what I read.

I found this from Memri right after posting the above. Very interesting read from 2 separate Palestinian columnists, gave me quite some insight. https://www.memri.org/reports/palest...tance-factions

jmvho?

The Arab countries, including the Saudis, have tried raising up a new leader but they seem to be stalled and end up waiting for Abbas to die. Now it seems leaders are trying to change or weaken those who support the leadership on both sides among the Palestinians without destroying the two state solution.

Comment

In Riyadh, Blinken tells Gulf nations US is working to 'widen and deepen' normalization with Israel | The Times of Israel

Comment

Expanding the circle of peace? Few Saudis see the Abraham Accords positively, according to new poll | All Israel News

The survey actually states Egypt and Jordon have even less support.

Comment

Very interesting statistics in your post above SAT. I was a bit shocked frankly. If it helps a Muslim nation's economy they are for it. Anything else, not so much. There is a deeper lesson in this I think. Muslims will stand with other Muslims before they will stand with Jews or non Muslims. We need to remember that.

Comment

So true, GH - all because Satan's grand design is to fool Israel into a false sense of peace then POUNCE like a "roaring lion". We know more Muslims have killed Muslims than any other group yet they will set aside their bloodthirsty ideology to unite against Israel.

Jeremiah 6:14 They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Comment

Saudi FM: Normalization with Israel would have benefits, but less without two states | The Times of Israel

They laid out the terms for an agreement.

“But without finding a pathway to peace for the Palestinian people, without addressing that challenge, any normalization will have limited benefits,” he said, without mentioning Israel by name. “Therefore, I think we should continue to focus on finding a pathway toward a two-state solution, on finding a pathway toward giving the Palestinians dignity and justice. I think the US has a similar view that it’s important to continue on those efforts.”
                            and...
                            The Saudi foreign minister was also asked Thursday about the widely reported condition that his kingdom has for normalizing ties with Israel: US support for the civilian nuclear program that it’s working to build.

“It’s no secret that we are developing our domestic civilian nuclear program, and we would very much prefer to be able to have the US as one of the bidders,” bin Farhan said.
                            At the same time...

Iran reopens embassy in Saudi Arabia, touts 'new era' in ties | The Times of Israel

Comment

The Arabs haven't changed their position one iota. Presidents come and go, but their position doesn't change.

US support for the civilian nuclear program that it’s working to build.
                              Will a president and congress allow this to happen?

to focus on finding a pathway toward a two-state solution,
                              Would this Israeli government allow this to happen?

Comment

Saudi embassy in US: No normalization with Israel without Palestinian state | The Times of Israel

Comment

Working...
                                X