No announcement yet.

UK chief rabbi: Coronation is the 'greatest event that has happened in decades'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK chief rabbi: Coronation is the 'greatest event that has happened in decades'

UK chief rabbi: Coronation is the 'greatest event in decades' - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

UK Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis discussed the halachic issues and Jewish elements of the coronation of King Charles III.
    “In the British mindset, the coronation is the greatest event that has happened in 71 years,” Mirvis told the Post in a Jerusalem hotel on Thursday. “I think if the Messiah comes at the time of the coronation, it will be on the back page,” he said, laughing.

“Nothing is going to get in the way of this, every tiny detail; and we welcome the fact that the inclusion of other faiths in this event is a feature of the coronation. It was not a feature in the previous one – just the church; after all, the essence of the coronation is a religious service in Westminster Abbey.”
    At the end of the coronation service, there will be a procession out of the abbey, and “at the head of the king and queen there will be eight faith leaders,” Mirvis said. He will be the only Jewish faith leader at this service. He explained that “we will stand in a line, the king will come in his full regalia and in his historic 16th-century crown, which is only worn at coronations, and he will stand in front of us. We will give him a blessing in unionism, a pair of blessings, which is okay, or, shall I say, kosher for all of us.

“He might chat with us and if he does, that would be wonderful, but he might not. There will be an official blessing message, which we will all recite together,” Mirvis said, and added that “the words we are saying are pretty simple, but very powerful.”
    Last edited by SAT; 05-02-2023, 08:29 AM.

Well that is certainly interesting. Not surprising really as Charles is a liberal Globalist but as the head of the Church of England it is a bit on the "out there" side. Even for the Church of England.

Comment

This is quite something me thinks. There is a spiritual aspect to all this that will not be seen so much, by "the world."

halacha

noun ha·​la·​cha hä-ˈlä-ḵə ˌhä-lə-ˈḵä
      variants or less commonly halakha
      often capitalized
      : the body of Jewish law supplementing the scriptural law and forming especially the legal part of the Talmud
      halachic adjective

Had to look that up. fascinating and surprising.

Originally posted by above
      Mirvis told the Post in a Jerusalem hotel on Thursday. “I think if the Messiah comes at the time of the coronation, it will be on the back page,” he said, laughing.
      God is not laughing.

“Nothing is going to get in the way of this, every tiny detail; . .
      Psalms 75:
      When the earth totters, and all its inhabitants, it is I who keep steady its pillars. Selah.
      4 I say to the boastful, 'Do not boast,' and to the wicked, 'Do not lift up your horn;
      5 do not lift up your horn on high, or speak with haughty neck.'"
      6 For not from the east or from the west and not from the wilderness comes lifting up,
      7 but it is God who executes judgment, putting down one and lifting up another.

James 4:
      Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"—
      14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.
      15 Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."
      16 As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

You don't know which way the wind blows . .

. . and we welcome the fact that the inclusion of other faiths in this event is a feature of the coronation. It was not a feature in the previous one – just the church;
      Hosea 7:
      Ephraim, he hath mixed himself among the people; Ephraim is a cake not turned.

Psalms 106:
      but they mixed with the nations and learned to do as they did.

2 Corinthians 6:
      Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
      15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

Ezra 10:
      Now therefore make confession unto the LORD God of your fathers, and do his pleasure: and separate yourselves from the people of the land, and from the strange wives.

. . after all, the essence of the coronation is a religious service in Westminster Abbey.”
      "religious" indeed. They know not what spirits they inadvertently play with.

“at the head of the king and queen there will be eight faith leaders,” Mirvis said. He will be the only Jewish faith leader at this service.
      Why 8? I don't know. But I sense it matters.

and he will stand in front of us. We will give him a blessing in unionism, a pair of blessings, which is okay, or, shall I say, kosher for all of us.
      "Blessings?" A spiritual impartation . . I am certain of that.

There will be an official blessing message, which we will all recite together,” Mirvis said, and added that “the words we are saying are pretty simple, but very powerful.”
      Indeed powerful. But not as you think.

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Interesting points in THIS ARTICLE too.

Issachar
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I think most of us are familiar with Biblical numerology. 8 is indeed an important number:

"The Meaning of Numbers: The Number 8

The number 8 represents a new beginning, meaning a new order or creation, and man's true 'born again' event when he is resurrected from the dead into eternal life." And there is much more about it found here https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/...n-bible/8.html

If you want to read about the New Age meaning of 8, which is also significant, you can find it here:
          https://www.thecoolist.com/mystic/nu...money%2Dminded.

And from Issachar "Interesting points in THIS ARTICLE too."

As far back as the 1990s, Charles suggested that he would like to be known as “the defender of faith,” a small but hugely symbolic change from the monarch’s traditional title of “defender of the faith,” meaning Christianity. It’s an important distinction for a man who believes in the healing power of yoga and once called Islam “one of the greatest treasuries of accumulated wisdom and spiritual knowledge available to humanity.”

Comment

Working...
          X