Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Propose legislation to outlaw sharing the Gospel in Israel send violators to prison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propose legislation to outlaw sharing the Gospel in Israel send violators to prison

Former Trump-Pence official warns bill poses massive threat to free speech, human rights and religious freedom
    Is it possible that the Israeli government this year could pass legislation making it illegal for people to share the Gospel message in the very land where Jesus was born, raised, preached, died, buried and rose from the dead?

Unfortunately, yes.
    However, in their official explanation of the bill, the two Israeli legislators specifically emphasized the warning to stop Christians, in particular.
    EXCLUSIVE: Two Knesset members propose legislation to outlaw sharing the Gospel in Israel and send violators to prison – could it become law? | All Israel News

FULL TEXT: Read the English translation of the newly proposed legislation to outlaw sharing the Gospel message in Israel | All Israel News
    Last edited by SAT; 03-19-2023, 08:40 AM.

This really is a must read for Christians (You won't believe how restrictive it is) and will put Christian in Israel and Christian ministries in a VERY bad position ! I'm sure even just proposing this is a scary indication.

A few years ago they took God TV off the air waves in Israel for that reason. God TV had to promise to not even hint at evangelization to get back on.
    Last edited by SAT; 03-19-2023, 08:50 AM.

Comment

side note
      Judaism is the basis of Israel, not democracy, former chief rabbi claims - Israel News - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Comment

I wondered when this issue would come up in light of the Ultra Orthodox moves recently. If this legislation happens to pass, I wonder what will become of all of the Christian "holy" sites. Obviously it would impact their economy in a fairly large way because Christian travel to Israel accounts for a lot of money that gets dumped into their economy. Why would a Christian travel there? I certainly wouldn't. What about the massive amount of $$ the US sends to Israel every year? I can see that ceasing due to pressure from evangelical groups who might have to take their heads out of the sand and reevaluate their mostly "Israel can do no wrong" teachings.

This is symptomatic of a much deeper problem in Israel. I'm just going to say it for what it is--racism. First they go after the Palestinians as we have seen recently with the installation of this new government, now they are coming after the Christians. How is this different than what the Nazis did in Germany? Seriously, I simply don't see a difference. I am very troubled in my spirit as I have prayed for Israel daily for 40+ years. And Netanyahu remains silent...again.

Comment

Good morning GH
          It seems more and more God is allowing Israel to go back in time. The unfinished business of over two thousand years ago. The spirit and actions are right out of the New Testament. If God had decided to let Jesus be born just thirty-three years ago.

It is causing me to think about Jesus what He saw and heard and His reaction. Weeping and praying over Jerusalem. Those who followed God after His death and resurrection. How appropriate God would allow this to be happening at Passover/Easter.

Unfortunately they seem to be ready to get the messiah they were looking for and the reason they rejected THE Messiah. God is allowing them to set up for their redemption.

This time it will end VERY differently.

Comment

If there ever was a time in the last two thousand years that prove the Bible to be true, it is now. If you know the Lord, draw close and praise Him. Listen to what He is saying to you and take comfort in His ever present presence.

If you don't or aren't sure, you can always reach out to the Admin. for the loving human direction to help guide you to His love and redemption.

Comment

Amen sister SAT! I wonder how many Jews will see the Anti-Christ as their "Messiah"? Something I really hadn't given much thought to until these most recent events. Now is the time to have the Blessed Assurance that when Jesus Christ returns you will be numbered among his very own.

Comment

Pro-Israel Evangelicals urge Netanyahu to stop ultra-Orthodox bill to outlaw sharing the good news of Jesus in Israel | All Israel News

Evangelicals ask Netanyahu to issue public statement making clear that a bill to crush religious freedom in Israel will never pass
                However, the bill doesn’t only make it illegal to have a personal conversation about one’s faith with an Israeli.

It also outlaws the sharing of New Testament theology via online videos, online articles, social media, written literature and other forms of media.
                Evangelical and Messianic Jewish leaders in Israel are very concerned that this new bill could pass in the current political environment.

Why?

Because so many members of the Netanyahu government coalition this time around are hardline Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox Jewish Knesset members who are aggressively seeking to impose policies based on their theological beliefs on all of Israel with the force of law behind them.

They are, therefore, concerned that the rights of religious minorities could be trampled.

That’s why they are looking to Netanyahu for help.
                However, major pro-Israel Evangelical leaders in the U.S. are asking the prime minister for more than private assurances.

Evangelicals are asking Netanyahu to make a formal statement opposing the Gafni-Asher bill and publicly promising that such a direct assault on free speech and religious freedom will never become Israeli law.
                The article goes on to post statements from various ministries etc they have heard from so far.
                Last edited by SAT; 03-21-2023, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Word is starting to get around but nothing from Netanyahu yet.
                  Last edited by SAT; 03-21-2023, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Yes, word is getting around finally. And Netanyahu remains silent. That is clearly, to me at least, the oddest thing about all of this. Who knows what is in the heart of man? This is not the Netanyahu we have known over the years.

Comment

PM forced to clarify: We won't pass bills that harm Christians in Israel | The Times of Israel

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tweets a promise that Israel will not legislate against Christians after a draft bill from a member of his coalition generates controversy overseas.

“We will not advance any law against the Christian community,” the prime minister tweets in English and Hebrew.
                      Benjamin Netanyahu - בנימין נתניהו on Twitter: "לא נקדם שום חוק נגד הקהילה הנוצרית. We will not advance any law against the Christian community." / Twitter

Benjamin Netanyahu - בנימין נתניהו

@netanyahu
                      לא נקדם שום חוק נגד הקהילה הנוצרית. We will not advance any law against the Christian community
                      I'm afraid I've become a little suspicious. Twitter, he chose twitter. Interesting choice as the religious right don't have cell phones. In fact only a month ago they tried to destroy and even burndown cell phone stores. It might take a while for them to hear about it.
                      Last edited by SAT; 03-22-2023, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I did not know the Ultra Orthodox do not use cell phones. I know you can use Twitter on your computer or tablet. It is kind of odd I agree.

Comment

Despite PM's assurances, Christian Zionists bedeviled by anti-missionary bill | The Times of Israel

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: ‘We will not advance any law against the Christian community’ | All Israel News

MK Gafni

In response to reporters' questions:

The mission bill was introduced as in every beginning of the Knesset and not promoted at this stage, so dealing with it now is not relevant.

The bill says that in addition to the existing prohibition in the law on providing benefits as an enticement to convert, the very act of soliciting to convert, when it is done directly to a person, will also be prohibited. It is suggested to distinguish between a situation where the person they are trying to persuade is an adult, in which case the maximum proposed penalty is one year in prison, and a situation in which they are trying to persuade a minor, in which case the maximum proposed penalty is two years in prison.

As mentioned, the bill was again placed on the Knesset table procedurally only with the convening of the current Knesset more than four months ago and is not planned to move forward at this stage, so dealing with it now is irrelevant.

Communication of the Office of the Chairman of the Finance Committee, MK Gafni
                          Many have accepted Netanyahu at his word
                          Last edited by SAT; 03-22-2023, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering if God is allowing this to possibly happen - don't know if it will yet - to give Christians pause and to get Israelis to truly focus on Him and Him alone.

When you think about it, sure the Rapture would take the Christians away, but aside from that Israel's best friends have always been born again believers who understood Israel's place in End Times prophecy.

If all of a sudden Israel pushes their friends away, they will be forced to rely on God. They would probably have a large contingent of Tribulation saints supporting them without it, and they might just turn back to the Trib saints for support (although they'll be struggling and failing to avoid persecution themselves.) But, if they turn their backs on the best friends they've had (talk about a plot twist! We've been talking all this time about nations abandoning them), where else can tey turn?

Well, tey can turn to the Ac, but that's not going to end well, either.

Eventually, they have to make the realization on their own that Jesus is their promised Messiah, without our help. As distressing as it is for us to see it.
                            My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
                            Please print, pass on these items:
                            http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
                            http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

Very interesting DF....and a first they will believe they were proven right. Their man made effort brought the "messiah"

Comment

Working...
                              X