No announcement yet.

Herzog: 'Israel is at edge of abyss,' civil war is a real threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the judicial reform legislation is now frozen: https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/369298

Apparently the rioting continued Monday night. It is unclear to me whether or not Ben Gurion Airport has been reopened at this stage. Or whether the national strike has been called off. You are right brother Issachar, definitely rainbow flags mixed in with the Israeli flags in everything I've seen.

Comment

Indeed, definitely follows on that Columbo theme - knowing the outcome and figuring out how we get there. I can just picture him looking at a picture of the protests, and then going on about something with the perpetrator and as he's about to leave saying... "Oh, one more thing... just one of those little things that's kinda bothering me... you say that was totally an Israeli protest - yet you'd think everyone there would be waving Israeli flags, right? Yet when I look at the picture..." :-)
      My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
      Please print, pass on these items:
      http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
      http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

It is the strangest thing. when you think history and present day. The problem however doesn't give those holding on to the world a very good choice.
        LGBQ...xyz, was one of the first things Hitler step down on when he rose to power. (Second was abortion)LGBQ...xyz is one of the things Putin is using in Russia. Xi isn't much better and will probably get worse as one of his goals is to increase the population. Now he is.... China Crackdown on Bride Price Wedding Tradition Aims to Boost Population - Bloomberg

None of which freedom loving people would want to live under.

Israel today sounds calmer. Hopefully the majority of the extreme right and left will be able to take a wait and see approach as they are both sort of convinced the version they want will go through.
        Thank God Netanyahu hit ‘pause’ on judicial reform – now he needs to build national consensus for a final bill – here’s why | All Israel News
        But he has some major repairs to do to his popularity as all the polls show his popularity has sunk, (anger on both sides????), and Gantz is rising.
        Keep your eye on Benny Gantz—as his poll numbers rise, he’s key to passing balanced judicial reform | All Israel News

Comment

Breaking silence, GOP lawmakers lament overhaul's security ramifications for Israel | The Times of Israel

Several Republican lawmakers have expressed their concern regarding the judicial overhaul plan’s security ramifications, breaking the party’s silence on the issue and implicitly coming out against the effort to radically curb the High Court of Justice’s power.

Biden: Israel 'cannot continue down this road'; no Netanyahu invite in 'near term' | The Times of Israel

“Hopefully the prime minister will act in a way that he can try to work out some genuine compromise, but that remains to be seen,” Biden said, emphasizing the word “genuine.”

A lot of people seem to be expressing the same thing. No one seems sure as his words and actions have at times lately been at odds.

Comment

The aftermath from the right and the left of all this is quite interesting

Likud, far-right scorn Biden criticism; one MK says Israel can defend itself alone | The Times of Israel

“It’s that bad. Not only that, but he’s imperiling the security interests of the US,” Ayalon said. “They are following this with anxiety. Netanyahu knows the DNA and tradition in Washington — the whole political leadership there is all about the proliferation of democracy. To them, democracy is like a religion, they don’t compromise.”
            Michael Oren, another former ambassador to the US, who was appointed by Netanyahu and served under him, criticized Biden and American democracy and invoked the January 6, 2021, assault on the US Capitol.

“I don’t think a country that has experienced not long ago an insurrection is in a position to be preaching democracy to Israel, or in fact anybody. It is not exactly the position to be telling us what is democratic and what is not democratic,” Oren told I24 news.

From both the left and the right. This article also quotes the support from Democrats of Israel.
            Following announced pause, U.S. Republican senators express concern about judicial reform's impact on Israel's security | All Israel News

Following Biden's criticism, Ben-Gvir says Israel 'isn't one of the stars on the US flag' | ערוץ 7 (israelnationalnews.com)
            Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir (Otzma Yehudit) pushed back Wednesday morning, following criticism by President Joe Biden of the Israeli government’s handling of the judicial reform crisis.

On Tuesday, Biden said he is “very concerned” about the judicial overhaul, adding Israel “cannot continue down this road.”

Side note?
            If you listen carefully you can hear Israel's position of not supporting Ukraine against Russia, or their more open door position toward China is strumming in the background

Biden vows funds, tech alliance as democracy summit takes on backsliding (france24.com)
            Biden invited 121 leaders for his second, largely virtual "Summit for Democracy," including the prime ministers of close US partners Israel and India who both defended their records after charges of creeping authoritarianism.

First conceived by Biden as a way to restore US credibility after Donald Trump's norm-shattering presidency and the attack on the US Capitol, the Summit for Democracy has taken a new urgency as Ukraine fights back a Russian invasion and as China goes on a diplomatic offensive.

The summit will work on "holding Russia accountable for its unjust and unprovoked war against Ukraine, showing that democracies are strong and resolved," Biden said in brief opening remarks.

Israel moves closer to joining US visa waiver program | ערוץ 7 (israelnationalnews.com)

Judicial reform talks continue, but Israelis pessimistic | ערוץ 7 (israelnationalnews.com)
            Last edited by SAT; 03-29-2023, 08:34 AM.

Comment

One last interesting post in this thread???

USA to hold a democracy summit days after China's International Forum on Democracy | Africanews

China !!!!
              It comes hard on the heels of the Second International Forum on Democracy which took place in the Chinese capital, Beijing, last week.

Politicians, scholars, and experts in various fields from over 100 countries and regions attended the gathering.

It centred around five main themes focusing on democracy and sustainable development, innovation, global governance, diversity, and modernisation.

Participants said there was no single formula or model for democracy saying that each country has its own political culture and national needs.
              The battle on the structure of the One World Order continues.

Comment

You hit it on the head imho SAT. The "battle on the structure of the One World Order continues."

Comment

I wonder if the two sides are being allowed to be pitted against each other so the AC can come on the scene and provide a solution.

The amount of turmoil in the world is increasing at such an incredible pace. What happened in Israel could happen anywhere -I don't think I can see either side totally maintaining a One World Order on their own.
                  My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
                  Please print, pass on these items:
                  http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
                  http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

Agreed, Doug. We can now see how easily the spiritually blind in the world today (US, Israel, Europe, etc.) will GLADLY accept an "answer" to the world problems and "hand over their kingdoms to the Beast" (Rev 17:17).

Comment

And now Biden is essentially boycotting Israel: https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...ng-conference/
                      Seriously? He won't let a NASA scientist attend a conference in Israel.

Comment

Wonder if he's going to go down in history as the greatest President... to curse Israel.

Comment

Whatever history may be left Andy, you're probably right about that. biden will likely go down as the first or most ... lots of things.

Issachar
                          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
                          X