Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should Israel make of 2024 GOP hopefuls expressing reserved support for Ukraine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should Israel make of 2024 GOP hopefuls expressing reserved support for Ukraine?

Had to post these as I found it really weird to even think about
    What should Israel make of 2024 GOP hopefuls expressing reserved support for Ukraine? | All Israel News
    Recent polls have shown that a growing number of Americans believe the United States is providing too much aid to Ukraine. This trend hasn’t gone unnoticed by 2024 Republican presidential candidates and potential hopefuls, who were asked about their stances on the war by Fox News Host Tucker Carlson earlier this week.

Eyeing political comeback, disgraced former New York governor launches ‘Progressives for Israel’ | All Israel News

The advocacy group aims to promote support for Israel among Democrats

I think that to make a sweeping assumption about waning support for a forever war in Ukraine, that is by many military officials depleting the US stockpile of defensive materials to arm Ukraine is not sustainable. Faced with a floundering economy, massive deficit spending and high inflation, the billions the US is continues to pour into Ukraine without them gaining ground is being looked at realistically. After years of spending in Iraq and Afghanistan, people in the US are wary of another long term involvement. I know I certainly have reevaluated my own thinking about it. Especially since Ukraine's leader refuses to even consider negotiating a way to peace with Russia. And the extreme corruption Ukraine has been known for is also of concern because we are not requiring any accountability for all of these weapons and billions of dollars.

The commitment to Israel is an entirely different matter. However, if this Ultra Orthodox group gets their way and limits freedom for groups other than Jews, I believe they are shooting themselves in the foot with the US and globally. Supporting the only Democracy int he Middle East is one thing. Supporting a racist whatever Israel might become under these right wing Orthodox people is an entirely different matter.

Comment

Here is a link to the actual news article with the responses of the 2024 "candidates": https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ucker-carlson/

Comment

Working...
      X