"The Nativity" By David Jeremiahh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Nativity" By David Jeremiahh

My sister/BIL watched this and had some issues with it. I've not finished it but I figured I'd drop it here and get y'all's comments.
    So far, I'm enjoying it but did see one thing I consider an error.

https://www.davidjeremiah.org/whythenativity

Well it is very professionally done. However it is way too long for my taste and very very slow. I am interested Brother Andy in what you saw that you consider in error.

Comment

I emailed my sister as she told me that she had some issues with it and wanted my thoughts. This is what I sent her:

HUGE DISAGREEMENT!:The event in Bethlehem did not change the destiny of every human creature. Those that died (and die) in their sins are still headed to the lake of fire.
      Unfortunately, I didn’t write it down fast enuf and now I can’t recall exact words but he said something about the doors of heaven homeless for all homeless people throughout all time – I was waiting for him to say, “That place their faith in Jesus” but he didn’t. Perhaps I’m recalling wrong.

(Gotta love the PILLOW that’s so obviously her ‘baby’ while Joseph looks for a place to stay! Lol)

Small disagreement: I don’t believe shepherds were not despised by the Jews – only by Pagan leaders such as Rome. Were they the lowest of the low? I don’t think so – sheep were SO important to the Jews.

All in all? I really enjoyed this. A little too much “fill-in” scenery and ppl milling around but, that’s just an opinion.

What did you disagree with?
      Last edited by Andy; 11-27-2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Hi
        I have heard that the shepherds were outside fellows
        and were a little smelly and not the mostly likely to be invited to a party indoors.
        But they, who cared for lambs, were the first to be invited to celebrate the Lamb of God.

Comment

Yep - my sister agrees with you, beeleever about the shepherds.
          No big deal, that (as well as inaccuracies of the Jewish/Galilean wedding) are all secondary issues.

Comment

Brother Andy if you look at this film in the perspective of it being made as an Evangelistic tool, as I do, it's absolutely fine. I have followed David Jeremiah for years and have never known him to be anything but Orthodox in his teachings.

Comment

I know, sister - couple small (or even larger) mistakes does not negate the beautiful gospel message he puts at the end.
              I have a deep love and admiration for both he and his ministry. Such a humble, God-loving man that is amazingly gifted in expounding God's Word.

Comment

Working...
              X