Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orthodox protesters again disrupt prayer at Western Wall as monthly ritual repeats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orthodox protesters again disrupt prayer at Western Wall as monthly ritual repeats

An American teen was harassed during her bat mitzvah ceremony at the Western Wall in Jerusalem Friday as haredi Orthodox protesters sought to interrupt non-Orthodox Jews’ prayer one month after a major incident drew attention from Israel’s political leadership.

No injuries or arrests were reported during Friday’s confrontation, which came during the observance of the start of the month of Av and after several months of escalating tensions at Rosh Hodesh prayers. But police and ushers hired by the Western Wall Heritage Foundation, the state-funded group that manages the holy site, also did not appear to enforce Israel’s law prohibiting the disturbance of prayers, a crime that can carry a penalty of up to three years in jail.
    Orthodox protesters again disrupt prayer at Western Wall - Israel News - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Shaked: I won't abandon the right wing to Netanyahu and Ben Gvir | The Times of Israel

Ayelet Shaked, the head of the newly-formed Zionist Spirit party, said Saturday that she would not abandon the right-wing to opposition leader Benjamin Netanyahu and some of his extremist political partners.

“I will not leave all the right-wing voters with” only those choices, she told Channel 12, as she seeks footing ahead of national elections in a crowded field of right-wing competitors.

Comment

This is very concerning behavior. For all the reasons we've discussed on another thread.

Comment

What hit me??? They are supporters of Netanyahu, and now both Bennet and Lapid haven't attempted to do anything to stop it from happening.

Comment

Working...
        X