Moscow moves to ‘dissolve’ Jewish Agency operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moscow moves to ‘dissolve’ Jewish Agency operations

Russian state media: Moscow moves to 'dissolve' Jewish Agency operations | The Times of Israel

Diaspora minister: Punishing Jewish Agency for Israel’s stance on war 'deplorable' | The Times of Israel

Interesting timing.

Comment

I have been avoiding bringing this up but.....
      I see a very worrisome trend in the world today. Man in the major religions is attempting to make their religion superior.
      Although it has seemed like less of threat, there is still ISIS and Iran trying to push their religion on everyone. Russia is now pushing their form of Christianity on everyone. Which oddly enough started out as a rebellion against sin, but look where it has headed.
      The reasoning the EU is saying Hungary is leaning toward Russia
      EU Must Adopt "Christian Roots" and Culture--Hungary to the EU Parliament - Millennium Weekend Ministries

There are Jews in Israel attempting to make non Jews second class citizen or even eliminate them from Israel. Their position would also apply their moral standards on everyone.

None of which I would want dictating my beliefs. This battle isn't new but very old and has pushed it's head up many many times with bad results. Something those in positions of power have been trying to avoid happening again ! How they see it??? Everyone thinks THEY are right.

Never mind all the countries on this side of the hemisphere attempting to make their countries "Christian" . Yes, Canada included. This imvho sure sounds good, and I totally get it and even support our voicing of sin as sin, but when you don't have the hearts of the majority, (or even if you did) who see this only as imposing your beliefs on "all" is setting up very dangerous things. It rubs against man's free will to chose and begins to feel like a dictatorship. Oddly which is how many see Russia, Iran and even China etc. etc.. Theocracy and not democracy.

Being end times it isn't hard to see how the answer will be the Abrahamic Religion. Another man made idea, with good intention, but not from God, that will push this theology on all. The only answer man has been able to see as an answer. It will smell and feel like freedom to vast majority in Islam, Judaism, Christianity etc. etc. etc.

One day our Lord will return and FIRMLY declare and take control of the situation but until then .....
      Last edited by SAT; 07-21-2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

PS
        The reason the founders made the US a Republic and not a theocracy. They knew from experience.
        Even at that, all the founders had their own personal beliefs. Which explains all the idols and pagan symbols in the US and other countries from the around the same time.
        Last edited by SAT; 07-21-2022, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Very well said SAT. I think part of the response of Hungary is due to the massive flood of Muslim immigrants into Europe which is definitely changing the culture. They do not assimilate. Putin never allowed this type of immigration and was quite clear about the lack of shared values and culture some years ago.

I don't necessarily see a push for a Theocracy anywhere except in Israel and that is of very deep concern to me.

You are absolutely spot on about our Founders. The colonists came originally to escape the Religion being imposed on them by the various monarchies. Anyone who thinks that America is a Christian nation or was founded to be such is ignorant about history. I absolutely do not want to live in a Theocracy because sinful man will always mess that up. I have
          but one King and his name is Jesus. He's the only one I trust completely.

Comment

Unfortunately GH I watch and listen to those who oppose what is happening, and those who are more quiet about their opinions. What I see and hear is the fact they aren't hearing us saying we are only trying to save a life and not take a life. Their hearts haven't been born again to hear the Lord, so now when they start talking about LGBTQ rights all they hear, is us forcing all to live under the laws of Jesus...theocracy and not a republic.

I must admit when I listen from their ears they are right there are are some who are trying to change it from republic to theocracy. Just like in Israel.
            I can only imagine what they hear when we declare "All of.... will be saved"
            Last edited by SAT; 07-21-2022, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I hope Flaxen catches this one.
              Moscow may be unhappy with the delays so far to transfer Alexander’s Courtyard
              Lapid orders range of responses prepared for possible use against Russia if it shutters Jewish Agency | The Times of Israel

The potential responses include delaying handing back Alexander’s Courtyard to Russia, providing more assistance for Ukraine, and calling home the Israeli ambassador in Moscow for consultations, Channel 12 news and Channel 13 news report, citing sources involved in the meeting
              According to Channel 12, Israeli leaders aren’t certain as to why Russia has threatened to shut down the agency, with a crucial court hearing set for Thursday, but Moscow may be unhappy with the delays so far to transfer Alexander’s Courtyardand/or angered by Israeli comments, especially Lapid’s, decrying the invasion of Ukraine. Alternatively, it may be exacting a price for Israeli strikes in Syria, whose airspace is largely controlled by Russia.

Comment

Multiple Russian-Jewish organizations sent warnings by Russian gov't - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Comment

I have to believe that somewhere in Putin's mind the Abraham Accords isn't sitting well. Russia has propped up Syria and been meddling in Africa for years now. A Middle Eastern NATO of sorts will likely interfere with its continued ability to do so. And essentially tying the hands of the one agency that works on Russian Jewish Aliyah is actually a very big deal. But most of that funding comes out of the US so perhaps it's Putin's way of poking at the US as well.

Comment

Good points GH

Chabad demands return of the Schneerson library archives from Russia - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

The Chabad Hasidic movement has begun legal proceedings against Russia and urged Israeli authorities to only give Russia control of the Alexander Courtyard church compound in Jerusalem - if they return the Schneerson library archives.
                    Behind the scenes of the diplomatic crisis between Israel and Russia, following Russia's intentions to close down the activities of the Jewish Agency throughout the country, another crisis is developing: Legal proceedings have begun against Russia by the Chabad movement in the US.

Representatives of Chabad appealed to the Legal Advisor of the Israeli government, Attorney Gali Baharav-Miara, demanding the freezing of the procedures for the transfer of ownership of real estate in Jerusalem to the Russian government, especially the Alexander Courtyard church in the Old City of Jerusalem.
                    Moscow has been demanding that Israel hand over control to Russia of the Alexander Courtyard church compound in Jerusalem which former prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu promised to give to the Russians as a goodwill gesture following the release of Naama Issachar from a Russian jail in 2020, but which the Jerusalem District Court blocked - this is just one of the possible reasons for the hostile treatment of Israeli and Jewish organizations in Russia.
                    Last edited by SAT; 07-25-2022, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Interesting. Jarrod Kushner and Ivanka are Chabad. Everyone knows his massive role in the Abraham Accords.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorify Him View Post
                        I have to believe that somewhere in Putin's mind the Abraham Accords isn't sitting well. Russia has propped up Syria and been meddling in Africa for years now. A Middle Eastern NATO of sorts will likely interfere with its continued ability to do so. And essentially tying the hands of the one agency that works on Russian Jewish Aliyah is actually a very big deal. But most of that funding comes out of the US so perhaps it's Putin's way of poking at the US as well.
                        I thought about your comment when I read this...
                        Danon met with the late Russian Ambassador to the UN VItaly Ivanovich Chorkin, who in their first conversation told Danon that there was little chance Russia would move to block Resolution 2334. But at Danon's request, Chorkin made phone calls to Moscow and then told Danon that Russia would veto the "Parameters for Peace."
                        According to Danon, the Russians didn't want Obama to rack up that particular success before leaving office.
                        Former Israeli UN envoy: Russia promised to use veto for Israel - www.israelhayom.com

Comment

Working...
                        X