Arab NATO???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arab NATO???

US legislation aims to integrate defense systems of Israel, Arab states against Iran

Bipartisan bills in House and Senate would see Israel cooperate with 9 Arab states, including Iraq, Saudi, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar, though unclear whether they’re on board with idea
    US legislation aims to integrate defense systems of Israel, Arab states against Iran | The Times of Israel

This may be the most shocking display of hubris on the part of Congress that I've seen in my lifetime. I cannot imagine Israel being on board with it.

Comment

Bennett Middle East NATO - Millennium Weekend Ministries

But Bennett also plans to ask Biden to help Israel build upon and expand the Abraham Accords into a Middle East NATO alliance of sorts that can not only forge new Arab-Israeli prospects for peace and prosperity, but can unify the region to counter the dangerous and expansionist Iranian regime.
      and going back some...
      Trump to unveil plans for "Arab Nato" in Saudi Arabia - Millennium Weekend Ministries

It has always been a part of the Abraham Accords in forming a "union" Religion, trade, security etc etc

Comment

Biden says Israel's national security part of reason for Saudi trip | The Times of Israel

US President Joe Biden’s said Sunday his expected visit to Saudi Arabia will also address Israel’s national security, as an Israeli official told The Times of Israel that stops in Israel and the West Bank on that same trip have been tentatively set for July 14 and 15.
        “The commitments from the Saudis don’t relate to anything having to do with energy. It happens to be a larger meeting taking place in Saudi Arabia. That’s the reason I’m going. And it has to do with national security for them — for Israelis,” Biden told reporters before boarding Air Force One.

“I have a program — anyway. It has to do with much larger issues than having to do with the energy piece,” he added.

Comment

“The trip comes in the context of a significant agenda with Saudi Arabia, Israel, and the other countries of the Middle East. That agenda is focused on delivering results for the American people as well as ending wars and leading through diplomacy to bring stability to the Middle East region,” the spokesperson said.
          Biden says any potential Saudi trip would not relate to energy | The Hill

Comment

from a month ago

GCC: EU unveils Strategic Partnership with the Gulf (europa.eu)

Today, the High Representative and the European Commission adopted a Joint Communication on a 'Strategic Partnership with the Gulf' with the aim to broaden and deepen the European Union (EU)'s cooperation with the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and its Member countries.

High Representative/Vice-President, Josep Borrell, said: “At a time of insecurity and significant challenges to the rules-based international order, aggravated by Russia's war on Ukraine, the European Union and Gulf countries stand to gain from a stronger and more strategic partnership stretching over a number of key areas. We need to work more closely together on stability in the Gulf and the Middle East, on global security threats; energy security, climate change and the green transition, digitalisation, trade and investment. We also need to strengthen contacts between students, researchers, businesses and citizens.”

Comment

reminder
              which at the time would not have included the word "Israel" but things have changed since 2016...
              The Arab League which has become the Arab Union
              The Arab League
              1.Algeria
              2.Bahrain
              3.Comoros
              4.Djibouti
              5.Egypt
              6.Iraq
              7.Jordan
              8.Kuwait
              9.Lebanon
              10.Libya
              11.Mauritania
              12.Morocco
              13.Oman
              14.Palestine
              15.Qatar
              16.Saudi Arabia
              17.Somalia
              18.Sudan
              19.Syria
              20.Tunisia
              21.United Arab Emirates
              22.Yemen
              International Leagues, Alliances and List of Nations - Millennium Weekend Ministries

Comment

Biden will then fly directly from Israel to Jedda — a rarely used route that requires Saudi approval and represents a tiny step toward normalization with the Jewish state. While in Jedda, he will participate in the annual GCC+3 summit with Gulf Cooperation Council leaders from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar in addition to Egypt, Iraq, and Jordan.

Asked if Biden will meet with Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman, whom US intelligence fingered as responsible for authorizing the 2018 killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the administration official said, “We can expect the president to see the crown prince.”

The meetings in Saudi Arabia will cover the UN-mediated truce in Yemen, expanding regional economic and security cooperation, deterring threats from Iran, advancing human rights and ensuring global energy and food security, the official said.

I think the president will discuss some pretty innovative initiatives we have ongoing in CENTCOM in the Red Sea — some unique naval task forces, which we’ll discuss on the security side,” the official said. Biden officials are reportedly working to form a joint defense infrastructure between Israel and its Arab neighbors against Iran.
                White House announces Biden trip to Israel, West Bank and Saudi Arabia July 13-16 | The Times of Israel
                Last edited by SAT; 06-14-2022, 08:21 AM.

Comment

The visit will also focus on “Israel's increasing integration into the region through the Abraham Accords with UAE, Morocco and Bahrain, through deepening ties between Israel and Jordan and Egypt, and also entirely new agreements groupings of partners including Israel, India, UAE and the United States, what we call I2U2,” said the official. “We consider these initiatives central to our strategy of empowering partners and encouraging them to work more closely together, which will lead to a more stable region and also to Israel's security prosperity over the longer term.”

The President will hold a virtual summit with the I2U2 heads of state for a discussion about the food security crisis and other areas of cooperation across hemispheres
                  where the US and Israel serve as important innovation hubs, the official said. “The President looks forward to this unique engagement with Prime Minister Bernard of Israel, with Prime Minister Modi of India, and President Mohammed bin Zayed of the UAE.”
                  Speaking about the visit to Saudi Arabia, the official said that Biden also looks forward “to outlining an affirmative agenda for America's engagement in this vital region, making clear that the United States is fully committed to supporting the territorial defense of our partners against threats from Iran or elsewhere, and doing so in newly integrated and innovative ways.”

“The president will discuss some pretty innovative initiatives we have ongoing in CENTCOM, in the Red Sea, and some unique naval task forces, which we'll discuss on the security side, but also the economic integration,” the official added.
                  White House formally announces Biden Middle East trip on July 13-16 - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Comment

side note
                    Israel Destroyed Several Iranian Arms Convoys in Iraq | Asharq AL-awsat (aawsat.com)
                    Security sources in Tel Aviv revealed that the Iranians then significantly reduced the transfer of weapons by land and have resorted to transporting them through air military cargo or even by sea.

Comment

White House announces Biden will visit Saudi Arabia, expects to meet crown prince (axios.com)

Comment

‘Stay tuned’ for major announcements on energy cooperation with Israel, European official says | All Israel News

Comment

Fascinating.

Comment

US: Iran escalating tensions as satellite images show preparations for rocket launch | The Times of Israel

Iran does not confirm space mission that comes after five failed launches in a row; analysts believe Tehran to test new satellite-carrying rocket called Zuljanah

Comment

Yair Lapid: Biden will visit Israel even if coalition collapses - Israel News - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)
                              US President Joe Biden will visit Israel regardless of the government’s instability, Foreign Minister Yair Lapid said in a briefing on Wednesday.
                              Asked if he is confident the coalition will still be standing when Biden is expected to arrive in Israel on July 13, Lapid said: “I don’t know if I’m confident, but I’m going to do everything I can to make sure it will… I’m not a political commentator but I think this government is going to be there to welcome [Biden] on the red carpet.”

Lapid said he is certain “the president will be here no matter what.”

Comment

Working...
                              X