Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Iron Dome to supply chains, US Christian group quietly shaping US-Israel ties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Iron Dome to supply chains, US Christian group quietly shaping US-Israel ties

United States-Israel Education Association
    “USIEA’s trips to Israel provide participating legislators with in-depth understanding of the complexity of the issues facing Israel and ways in which our countries can work together,” wrote then-prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a 2014 letter to the organization. “In doing so, USIEA helps further strengthen the bonds we share.”

With its partners on Capitol Hill, USIEA is now setting its sights even higher, as it develops a strategic project that aims to position the Abraham Accords nations as an alternative to China for the US life sciences and pharmaceutical supply chain.
    From Iron Dome to supply chains, US Christian group quietly shaping US-Israel ties | The Times of Israel

ECONOMIC FORUM | USIEA (usieducation.org)

Five short videos. Once again another group concentrating on economics

Comment

I had a chance to watch the videos. Very informative. And in my opinion I believe in what they are trying to do. As Christians, it can become too easy to immediately side with Israel on everything they do, even if it is unjust to the Palestinians. There is a hard core group of Israelis and Palestinians who are haters. They aren't unlike the Ku Klux Klan. They paint everyone not like them as "something less than." I saw this time after time on both sides when I was in Israel. I was on the West Bank when Yasser Arafat was still alive and driving the hatred which was answered with more repression of innocent people just trying to live their lives and feed their kids.

I worry at times that the evangelical wing of the church is so hard core pro Israel that it overlooks the fact that not every Palestinian is a terrorist or a Muslim who as jihadist aims. We cannot allow ourselves to fall into the trap of having an innate disregard or hatred for people that Jesus died for whether they acknowledge him or not.

I blame the US govt. for part of this because of all the years of funding the PLO's programs for medical aid, education, etc. when it knew full well that the billions of funds were being siphoned off into the private hands of people like Arafat and his higher ups. We allowed it to continue and it wasn't until Trump called them out on it and put a stop to it that there was any hope for change. The PLO has become increasingly irrelevant as people seek to try and build a better life and a future for themselves and their families.

Comment

US Senate, House establish bipartisan Abraham Accords caucus looking to strengthen existing agreements and create new ones
        “We will seek peace through expanding and encouraging the Accords and set the example for other nations who desire peace. Matthew 5:9 importantly reminds us that ‘Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God,’” Lankford said.

Democrats Jacky Rosen and Cory Booker joined Lankford and Republican Joni Ernst in announcing the launch of the Senate Abraham Accords Caucus

US Senate, House establish bipartisan Abraham Accords caucus looking to strengthen existing agreements and create new ones | All Israel News

Comment

I've given that subject a lot of thought, GH.
          When God tells Abraham that He will "bless those that bless you and curse those that curse (him)" (Gen 12:3) there are no stipulations in that promise. It doesn't say, "I will bless those that bless you as long as you/your offspring are obeying me".
          It's a blanket promise both ways. Curse Israel and God curses you. Bless Israel and God blesses you.
          So how should the church respond to that?
          Clearly, we can never condone sin/sinful behavior.
          Certainly painting EVERYTHING Israel does as "good" is evil! They are back in their land in unbelief so act as unbelievers act.

So how does one "bless the nation of Israel" yet avoid condoning the evil that grips the nation?
          Again - I've given a lot of thought to that and while I have a few answers in mind I'd love to hear from others here.

Comment

US Congress launches bipartisan Abraham Accords Caucus

The Biden administration has signaled that it is working to expand the circle with countries like Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, the Maldives, Comoros, Kuwait and Qatar as possible Muslim-majority countries interested in establishing ties with Israel.
            "The caucus we launched several months ago in the Knesset created a huge momentum among legislators in parliaments around the world," said Likud MK Ofir Akunis, who co-chairs the Abraham Accords Caucus in the Knesset. "They are looking very closely at the accords and want to help take part in their implementation and expansion."
            US Congress launches bipartisan Abraham Accords Caucus - www.israelhayom.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              Clearly, we can never condone sin/sinful behavior.
              Certainly painting EVERYTHING Israel does as "good" is evil! They are back in their land in unbelief so act as unbelievers act.

So how does one "bless the nation of Israel" yet avoid condoning the evil that grips the nation?
              Again - I've given a lot of thought to that and while I have a few answers in mind I'd love to hear from others here.
              I've wondered about that one as well Andy.
              I suspect one of the clues could be the fact God states He saves "Israel", not because the people are doing His will, but because He must fulfill His promise/His Word. Just as we must bless "Israel", His land.
              But also God seems to draw a line when they divide "His" land.
              I tend to think of it as His land( His name is literally written on it) and the Jews were the appointed custodians.

Comment

From the article in post 4
                Sen. Lankford extols agreements, quotes scripture: “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God”
                and yes Christians want to preserve their place in Israel, but the cost will be the Abrahamic religion which is also the one world religion and included in the Accords.
                Peace at any cost???????
                Isn't that what they do when they divide His land so the Jews can have peace?????
                What seems right to man.......??????
                Last edited by SAT; 01-11-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Yup!

Jeremiah 6:14 They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Alternatively, doing things God's way?

Isaiah 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

Comment

Mossad chief Barnea meets with Libyan PM in Jordan to talk normalization - report

Mossad Director David Barnea and Libyan prime minister Abdulhamid Mohammed Al-Dabaiba recently met in Jordan to discuss normalization and security cooperation, Saudi and Libyan media outlets reported Wednesday night.
                    The reports said that Al-Dabaiba's office denied the meeting occurred.
                    In November, Haaretz reported that Saddam Haftar, son of Libyan warlord Gen. Khalifa Haftar, flew to Ben Gurion Airport for meetings with Israeli officials regarding potential normalization.
                    Mossad chief Barnea meets with Libyan PM in Jordan to talk normalization - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Comment

The Israel/China relationship became a problem for the US. Is their relationship with Russia now going to become another problem?
                      The PMO said the conversation between the pair was “good” and that Putin invited Bennett and his wife to visit St. Petersburg, an invitation the prime minister indicated he would accept.
                      Bennett to Putin: World must stand firm against Iran’s nuclear progress | The Times of Israel

at a time when
                      NATO-Russia talks at impasse amid ‘real risk’ of Ukraine war | NATO News | Al Jazeera
                      Russia says Ukraine talks hit 'dead end, Poland warns of risk of war | The Straits Times
                      The US Must Prepare for War Against Russia Over Ukraine - Defense One
                      Sweden boosts patrols on Gotland amid Russia tensions | Reuters

For now the US and the EU are talking sanctions
                      ‘Europe is sidelined’: Russia meets US in Geneva and Nato in Brussels | European Union | The Guardian
                      Officials detail 'high-impact' sanctions on Russia that would differ from 2014 - CNNPolitics
                      US sanctions on Russia would impose 'severe and overwhelming' economic costs, officials say

Is it getting close to choosing sides?

China’s shift toward Iran can harm Israel, pro-US countries in region - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)
                      However, the increasing tensions between China and the US, as well as American concerns about Chinese investment in Israel and other pro-Western countries such as the UAE, could lead to US-China rivalry in the region that would have repercussions for Israel and its new Gulf partners
                      Last edited by SAT; 01-13-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Bipartisan letter urges Biden to form a tough stance on Syrian regime - All Arab News
                        Republican and Democratic members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Committee sent a bipartisan letter on Tuesday to President Joe Biden urging him to maintain America’s tough stance on Syria.

The letter asked the Biden administration to “reinforce” the longstanding U.S. policy that Syrian President Basher Assad’s regime – given its war crimes – should not be welcomed back into the international community. This comes after several U.S. Arab partners have reestablished their connections with Syria, including the United Arab Emirates.

“We are concerned that a number of our Arab partners continue to increase their formal and informal relationships with the Assad regime, including the establishment of formal diplomatic outposts and publicly released diplomatic overtures,” the letter states
                        Yesterday....

As Syria warms to Gulf states, Israel sees opportunity to curb Iran – report

A senior diplomatic official reportedly said Tuesday that Israel was taking a positive view of reconciliation between Syria and Gulf states, predicting it could help curb Iranian influence in the country.

The unnamed source, quoted by the Ynet news site, said that by drawing closer to Sunni countries, Syria may be indicating it wants to oust Iranian and other Shiite entities from within its borders.
                        As Syria warms to Gulf states, Israel sees opportunity to curb Iran - report | The Times of Israel

Comment

Could Indonesia be the next Muslim country to normalize ties with Israel?

Indonesia could become the next country to normalize ties with Israel and join the Abraham Accords – this time through practical cooperation which has already been taking place.

The two countries have grown close with Israeli know-how companies working on food security and agriculture in Indonesia.
                          U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken brought up the topic of diplomatic ties with Israel in a bilateral meeting with Indonesia’s Foreign Affairs Minister Retno Marsudi in December.

Indonesia, neither an Arab nor Middle Eastern nation, is home to the world’s largest Muslim population. Almost 280 million people live in the giant Asian state. Egypt, by comparison, is the most populous Muslim country with a population of around 100 million people.
                          According to the Jerusalem Post, which quoted an anonymous source: “The Biden administration is really pushing for Israel-Indonesia normalization, and it is very optimistic it will come to fruition.”
                          Normalization with Indonesia could be a breakthrough for a more general peace between Israel and the Muslim world, according to senior U.S. diplomat Dennis Ross.

Ross said that if Indonesia would normalize ties with Israel “or even take a normalizing step like opening a commercial trade office with Israel, it would be a big deal.”

“The world’s largest Muslim majority state normalizing relations with Israel, even as part of a process, would signal a much broader reconciliation between Muslims and the State of Israel,” Ross said. “It would reflect a broader acceptance of Israel among those who historically had rejected it. It would make isolation of Israel that much more difficult.”
                          Could Indonesia be the next Muslim country to normalize ties with Israel? | All Israel News

Comment

Interesting side notes
                            The fact are verified by other sites about who were in China this week
                            China’s meetings with Middle East ministers sets the scene for Beijing to step up in region

This week, China will host representatives from Gulf Cooperation Council, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Iran and Turkey for talks
                            but not necessarily all at the same time.
                            China is positioning itself as a prominent player in the Middle East with a string of meetings promising an upgrade in ties, the sealing of a free-trade agreement and deeper strategic cooperation in a region where US dominance is showing signs of retreat.
                            China’s meetings with Middle East ministers sets the scene for Beijing to step up in region | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

One of the articles mentions the Arabs are going to put pressure on China re Iran deal

and

Facebook group wants Israelis, Palestinians to 'like' each other - www.israelhayom.com
                            The group is unique in that it encourages users to participate in real-time discussions with others through its regular Zoom meetings

"The problem is we don't have decision makers who can make brave decisions," an unnamed Palestinian member explained.

"So we started the first step to create a new generation away from politics."
                            and a reminder re Facebook
                            Facebook offers up a new 'prayer post' feature - Millennium Weekend Ministries
                            Last edited by SAT; 01-14-2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Russia demands US, NATO response next week on Ukraine | NATO News | Al Jazeera

Comment

Working...
                              X