Term limits for prime minister set to pass unanimously on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term limits for prime minister set to pass unanimously on Sunday

"By their third term in office, prime ministers deal with survival instead of helping citizens," Gideon Sa'ar told Channel 13.
    Term limits for PM set to pass unanimously on Sunday - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me.

Comment

Does that make it where Bibi will never be able to be PM again?

Comment

If it wasjust for that, you'd think they'd have come up with the plan earlier. The 22nd amendment providing for a 2-term/10year limit for President was passed and then ratified by the required number of states during Truman's administration; he was simply grandfathered in by it. They probably could have passed such a motion even without grandfathering Bibi in during his administration, though it's hard to say.

Of course, I once asked my history teacher in school why people didn't just do such-and-such, I forget what, and she responded "that's easy for you to come up with becasue you're a thinking person and not a lot of world leaders were or are." Or words to that effect. So, perhaps we just shouldn't expect them to make sense.
        My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
        Please print, pass on these items:
        http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
        http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
          Does that make it where Bibi will never be able to be PM again?
          Hi Andy,
          jmvho?
          It would be a miracle if he were PM again. (and the way it would happen wouldn't be something even Christians would want to see happen) The evidence against him in his court cases is quite substantial. Even supporters of Trump and long time supporters of Bibi gave video taped evidence against him. Email, taped conversations etc. Plus some of the things he is accused of aren't new. He was warned on some of the charges not to do this again and let off the last time he was PM
          I also suspect the fact the word "unanimously" was used says a whole lot. His support within his party was already weak so when the budgets passed it proved he had been weakened even more.
          Now add Bennet's personal positions is supported by the majority on the right..... the only thing that is in question now is if it will go to another election before Lapid can take over.

Comment

Good point, SAT - I guess I was just wondering.
            I also believe it would take the same miracle to put another strong conservative in the White House (Trump or anyone else).
            We are at the end of the End Times and this world is hell-bent (literally) on destroying itself.

Comment

I agree that Bibi is done. I also agree that Trump is done and people who think he will be elected if he runs again are in denial. However, My Gov. Ron DeSantis is wildly popular nationally. He's running for reelection as Gov. and that should be an easy win for him but in FL, especially since we have all these liberal NErs moving in, who knows. Although there are now, for the first time ever, more Republicans registered to vote here than Democrats.

The one thing that gives me pause about timing brother Andy, is what about the End Times Revival? Joel. We haven't seen that happen yet.

Comment

That's one you really have to look at the context, before and after the passage in question.
                It's not an easy passage to place the timing - I think it's key (and very significant to understanding this passage) that Peter quotes this in Acts 2:17cf.

I don't see any real evidence in scripture for a huge revival right before the 70th week - rather, the pattern throughout history is a consistent and horrific increase in evil coupled with an increase in God speaking, louder and louder, then finally "the day of the Lord" which is the 70th week.

I could be wrong and would love to take this up as a discussion-point.

Comment

Side note re Jerusalem and consulate

Friedman said that he believes the two sides “will sit around and try to find some other face-saving substitute. Not that I have any idea what that would be. But I think they’ll try to work through something.”
                  US, Israel play chicken over Jerusalem consulate for Palestinians - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

The vast majority, including Bennet Lapid Gantz and on and on, are refusing to surrender Jerusalem. But the topic is becoming unavoidable. Now add the Abraham Accords, the Middle East Union and the shift that happened in Europe.
                  Plus the fact things are changing and shifting among the Palestinians. Example ?? The majority have had it with Arafat/Abbas type governing.

Comment

Working...
                  X