Ted Cruz blocks bill advancing Israel-Arab normalization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Cruz blocks bill advancing Israel-Arab normalization

The language now reads that it is US policy “to support a negotiated solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict resulting in two states living side by side in peace, security, and mutual recognition.” Cruz’s amended language would read that it is US policy “to support the government of Israel in its ongoing efforts to reach a negotiated solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict resulting in two states living side by side in peace, security, and mutual recognition.”
    The accords are one of the rare areas of foreign policy agreement between the Trump and Biden administrations.
    Ted Cruz blocks bill advancing Israel-Arab normalization - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Seemingly a small change but it makes a world of difference.

Comment

Nice move, Senator - WTG.

Comment

US House approves bill anchoring defense aid to Israel

All but 3 Democrats vote in favor of budget initiative that would send $3.3 billion in aid to Israel annually, as well as require more transparency in UNRWA school textbooks and fund joint research between Israeli and Arab scientists.
        US House approves bill anchoring defense aid to Israel - www.israelhayom.com

Interesting
        In addition, the bill approves $50 million to support economic "opportunities" between Israel and the Palestinians, as well as $2 million for US-Israel co-development projects involving water, agriculture, and energy. Another $6 million has been approved to fund joint research between Israeli and Arab scientists.
        This is support for the economic side of the Abraham Accord.

Comment

Side note but important imvho

David Jeremiah
          Spiritual Warfare: Behind Enemy Lines

How does Satan attempt to deceive the world?

Spiritual deception may be Satan’s most insidious weapon in his guerrilla warfare against us. Jesus and the apostles speak of it nearly thirty times in the New Testament. John 8:44 records Jesus’ reply to a group of Jews who were resisting His message. Jesus boldly told them that they were children of their father the devil and that they were not hearing the truth because their father’s native language was lies. A person’s native language is what he or she converses in most easily. And Satan speaks the language of deception quite fluently.

In fact, Revelation 12:9 refers to Satan as the one “who deceives the whole world,” and he does so by imitating the work of God through counterfeit and camouflage. Satan’s last and greatest deception will be to bring the Antichrist to the world at the end of the age. Initially the Antichrist will be a peacemaker who uses persuasive speech and manifests supernatural powers much as Jesus Himself did. But once people fall for this counterfeit, the Antichrist will lead them not to God but away from Him.

Pastor and theologian R. Kent Hughes explains one of the reasons for Satan’s effectiveness as a deceiver and manipulator:

I am no genius at mathematics, but even with my limited capabilities I could be terrific at math if I worked at it for 100 years (maybe!). If I labored hard at it for 1,000 years and read all the learned theories, I would be a Newton or an Einstein. Or what if I had 10,000 years? Given that time, any of us could become the world’s greatest philosopher or psychologist or theologian or linguist… Satan has had multiple millennia to study and master the human disciplines, and when it comes to human subversion, he is the ultimate manipulator.4

The devil’s disguises are very clever, and he hides in the most unbelievable places. One of his favorite hideouts is religion. He also hides behind intellectualism. He hides in poetry and art and oftentimes in music. He hides in psychology and human understanding. Satan can even use the subtle method of Scripture taken out of context to deceive. When people take verses out of context and use them to prove something they were not intended to prove, those people are falling right into Satan’s trap.

Satan never tempts us to believe blatant error: that would be too easily discerned.

Satan is subtle, and that is why we as the people of God must stay alert.
          Spiritual Warfare: Behind Enemy Lines - FaithGateway
          Last edited by SAT; 07-31-2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X