Facebook offers up a new 'prayer post' feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook offers up a new 'prayer post' feature

Didn't know if I should post this in the one world religion thread...
    One World Religion - Millennium Weekend Ministries
    or..
    Trump to announce Bahrain next..look at paragraph 3 of tweet - Millennium Weekend Ministries

It could fit. So I left it to stand alone.

Facebook is testing a new prayer post feature for users (usatoday.com)

jmvho

Satan doesn't want atheisms. He certainly doesn't want to eliminate Christians either. He wants to be worshiped by all. So the world must be encouraged to believe. The Abraham Accords etc etc etc The problem is who he wants them to believe in. Who is their savior and what to believe.
    Last edited by SAT; 07-22-2021, 03:52 PM.

Satan really doesn't mind if you believe in God...or even if you do the old testament religious thing like "the Abraham accords" or even "the 5 laws of Noah."

All those things lead a person AWAY from the Blood Atonement for our sins that Jesus provided upon the cross..

One of the sad things in my past was when I realized that many of the great men of our American political enlightenment such as Thomas Jefferson were Deists rather than blood bought Christians... Part of that Arian heresy that denied the deity of Jesus... Jefferson edited the New Testament to suit himself... He ended his Bible at the death of Jesus, not believing in Jesus' resurrection...

Comment

John 14:6
      Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

The Abraham Accords. Even what is happening to the younger generations. Genesis "Did God really say..." is one Satan is using more and more today.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more, SAT.
        He WANTS mankind believing in a "higher power" so long as it isn't Jesus Christ.
        My dad used to say, the Devil's ABC:
        A nything
        B ut
        C hrist

The only advantage atheism gives him is it lands the person in hell. False religion leads countless to hell.

Comment

Yep.
          I tend to think Satan will be ok with a modified Jesus as there are churches etc. The problem seems to be the one statement
          Add the fact he seems to convince many he is The messiah.
          If I was to speculate from what we know now???

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Is going to end up in the category of "Did God really says..."
          A form of Christianity and denying that statement.
          He has to be slick enough to convince "even the elect"
          but jmvho
          Last edited by SAT; 07-22-2021, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Totally agree. I think that a lot of the "church" has already dealt with that Stumbling Block called Jesus by swerving off into Universalism. There is nothing new under the sun. Solomon was so right. Universalism was one of the first heresies the early church had to contend with. It's permeated the so called church for at least the last 30 years. And the "Did God really say" movement has been going on ever since the gay ordination thing and gay marriage thing infiltrated multiple denominations.

Comment

For months Facebook developers met weekly with Hillsong and explored what the church would look like on Facebook and what apps they might create for financial giving, video capability or livestreaming. When it came time for Hillsong’s grand opening in June, the church issued a news release saying it was “partnering with Facebook” and began streaming its services exclusively on the platform.
              “They are teaching us, we are teaching them,” he said. “Together we are discovering what the future of the church could be on Facebook.”

Facebook, which recently passed $1 trillion in market capitalization, may seem like an unusual partner for a church whose primary goal is to share the message of Jesus. But the company has been cultivating partnerships with a wide range of faith communities over the past few years, from individual congregations to large denominations, like the Assemblies of God and the Church of God in Christ.
              Facebook Wants You to Connect With God. On Facebook. – DNyuz

Comment

Wow SAT. Hillsong. I used to be a fan a long time ago. However I was kind of appalled when Brian Houston actually performed the same sex marriage for one of his kids. Then the scandals around the pastor of their NY church. I enjoyed their worship music but felt it was overly theatrical. Partnering with Face Book is like partnering with the devil imho. I'm shocked that the Assemblies have anything to do with them. Church of God has been off the rails for quite some time.

Comment

I don't agree with everything stated about the political realm but....

Listen to Jan Markell Sermons - Understanding the Times Radio (oneplace.com)
                  Jan Markell spends the hour with Pastor Brandon Holthaus. When many people returned to their church post-pandemic, they found it unrecognizable. “Wokism” may be the worst form of end-time apostasy and it has consumed today’s church. Remnant believers feel lost in a sea of dysfunctional churches. What are the things to look for to see if your church, Bible school, or seminary has drunk the “woke Kool-Aid.” How can you contend for the faith?

It isn't just the liberal left but all sides are actually pushing their own deceptions. imvho. The only one to hang on to is the Lord.
                  Last edited by SAT; 07-25-2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X