Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

God is shutting down our church storefront likely this month or next...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God is shutting down our church storefront likely this month or next...

For 4 years we have had church in an old storefront building a couple miles from the beach... paying $500 a month instead of $3500!!! The 1st two years evenings in an old run down cafe in this building ... We knew for the last 2 years the new owner was going to tear down the building and rebuild with a brewery/ sidewalk cafe... The city loved this idea... But that pesky covid thing came up!!! stopped the process a long time!!! We had been doing an ""illegal"" church here all this time...before that in a boys and girls club and before that in a tent in the pastors back yard1!! all totally illegal of course!!! Anyway,, people come people go... sometimes only 3 people show up, sometimes 15 or so like Wednesday night....
    After all the fuss we have had after the founding pastor left a year ago, I guess God has had enough... is closing that door... However we will continue with my Bible study Wed nights at my trailer home... Sundays, in good weather maybe in a park-summer is coming!!-or in a walmart parking lot...
    Methinks perhaps this closure means the rapture is next week ... which would be OK by me

God grant you wisdom and guidance in how and where to proceed next, Lewis. May your home study be greatly blessed. And yes, next week would be OK with me, too.
    The closer you get to an event, the easier it gets to predict it. ~Lorenz Meier

Comment

This may be God’s answer to the corruption you’ve been describing, Lewis.

Comment

EXACTLY what I thought, Sue!
        If a body of believers does not root out sin then sometimes God extinguishes that lamp.
        The faithful have to move on - smaller in number, stronger witness for Christ.

Comment

He will not be mocked! That “pastor“ sounded like he had made a mockery of his position.

Comment

Yes... well, despite everything, a few people have been reached with the truth... the tradegy is that when the founding pastor left, there was only one person ( his son in law) who felt "called" to preach but with no work ethic, being prideful, not grounded in the Word, the inevitable happened...
            Yes, Brother Andy, I think that God is shutting that door... Remember that Joel Oldstein's father founded that church, preached a decent gospel, but his son Joel ruined it...
            The former pastor still the legal CEO of the church corporation, showed up this week, had a business meeting, turned full control to the new pastor, possibly some repentance happened, but imho, It is likely too late... Another venue is always possible...

I have stayed so far because I have been able to teach and reach some people that come by here and a few on line... A few souls have been won for eternity in the last several years, and perhaps a few more can be in the future...

Comment

Working...
            X