Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why god wants you to be armed... have a gun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why god wants you to be armed... have a gun...

perhaps I should add that there are many opinions on this subject and may not represent the opinion of WEDG, just of this group of believers....

interesting scriptures pointed out here!!! OOPS!!! Forgot It's God not god in the Title !!!

the u tube tag is "God Family Guns"

While I have never carried a gun, all my adult life I did carry a knife and several times this has kept me from being mugged robbed attacked.... the last several years since I am no longer able to defend myself I often carry pepper spray...
    God has always protected me from the insane violent people... and yes my trust is in Him...
    Who, in the opinion of many expects us to use due prudence... that while God protects us, He also expects us to be able to protect our families, ourself.....but that is of course my own opinion...
    Last edited by lewisb; 02-06-2021, 11:03 AM.

Roughly 30 years ago, a brother in Christ and police officer friend of mine, as we discussed this very matter, told me that when he is out street witnessing, if someone cussed at him or spit on him, etc., that goes with the territory. But when in his house with his wife and children, if someone broke in, they likely would not leave alive. 1 Timothy 5 mentions that a man should provide especially for those of his own house. Living in a fallen world, why would we not include safety and security in that provision?

I like what the guy in the video says in that regard from 3:50 to 4:30.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Those of you that have been around this site since 'time began' know this was a huge struggle for me.
      Having been raised by an ultra-passivize father I believed, "Taking someone's life is not up to us - that's God's decision. Do you really want to be responsible for sending someone to hell?"
      That belief was very deeply engrained into my psyche.
      Then...
      I watched a horrible story unfold to someone I personally knew.
      This dear lady, unbelievably sweet, Christian woman - one of those "on fire for the cause of Christ" was approached by a thug and literally shot in the head.
      Bullet traveled across the front of her brain behind one eye (shattering it), across her throat and down to her lung.
      Every doctor that cared for her was beyond baffled that 1. She survived at all and 2. (get this) she had enough motor skills and cognitive ability to get herself up off the ground (after she says she HEARD the voice of God tell her, "GET UP" as she lay there contemplating meeting Jesus, knowing she was shot) and take herself into the house (this happened in her garage as she got out of her car), go look in the mirror to see how bad she was hurt (you can imagine what she saw!), then pick up a phone and SPEAK to the 9-1-1 operator, stayed on the phone till police/medics arrived, put the phone down and as they entered the house she finally lost consciousness.

Why do I tell y'all this amazing story? (BTW, she now tours America telling her story in churches all over.)
      Between this story and one of the classes I took a few months ago where the instructor firmly told us you cannot attempt to "shoot an intruder to just hurt them" because one bullet right to the heart can leave someone just fine, another to an arm or leg will kill them within minutes. Instantly I was reminded of Nancy Howard (I really thought there were vids of her in churches telling her story but I can't find it. I wouldn't doubt of YT has scrubbed them as they were all about the faithfulness of God).

I began putting these facts together, along with the verses that clearly tell us that there is an "appointment" for man to die (Heb 9:27) and slowly I realized... I CANNOT kill someone, no matter if I hit them with my car, shoot them in the head bc they are in my house threatening my family, or whatever. Life is given AND taken by God alone and no human being has any control over that. Then verses such as what Issachar quoted (and others) came to mind - God DOES expect the husbands of the home to "provide" (which includes protect!) those of his household. I am do whatever I can to fulfill that verse, all the while knowing and believing God is the ultimate protector of all.

Comment

With a spirit of gentleness .. seeking clarification in this matter of self defense.

Andy, I think that I never understood Hebrews 9:27 to mean a specific date and time, but rather, simply that dying one time (physical death obviously; not Revelation 20:14) and then judgement is appointed; as in, no reincarnation, for example.

I think that you’re saying even if a person murders another person, that person would have died anyway some other way had they not been murdered? Let me know if I’m misunderstanding this.

Also, I’m kind of wondering about things like abortion.

just seeking clarification and understanding,
        Issachar
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Dear Brother Andy and all... Yes I totally agree that taking a life would be a dreadful thing... Thankyou for your input... yes I have been protected supernaturally several times.... one that comes to mind my best friend Kermit and I were camping late in the hunting season at a very remote county campground, all alone... after dark a bunch of drunk cussing people showed up... stopped across the camp ground... got progressively louder we heard us mentioned so my friend Kermit asked \me to go get my pistol... I did so... but God kept these people away from us all night... Otherwise... ... several more such incidents over the years...

Comment

Yeah, bro Lewis, that's the other side of things.
            You've heard the details before so, I'll spare everyone: My aforementioned dad depended 100% on the Lord of his protection and, go figure, (in the most impossible of environments), the Lord honored the faith - as He ALWAYS does.

Comment

I'm going to jump in here as a single woman. When I was in college my girlfriend and a guy we knew were working on a project together. I was pulling into a parking lot going super slow when a man opened the door, jumped into the front seat next to me and put a gun on the steering wheel and told me to drive, at the same time another guy stuck a gun in the open window and pointed it at me demanding I drive. I thought they were joking, I was 18 and clueless, thought it was a prank and that they might be friends of the guy in our car, but I staunchly refused to move and told them they weren't funny and to get out. They finally ran off as it was a very well lit parking area for a restaurant. It was the grace of God that protected us. This was Miami 1967. I had 2 other incidents, one home robbery and another with a really sick peeping Tom. I swore I would never be that vulnerable again. I own a weapon and have for years. I made the decision that if someone comes in my locked doors, they don't mean any good. The next decision I made was learning to shoot at targets of the head which most women don't do. A shot to the heart may not get them but a bullet to the brain will. I've learned self defense and what to expect in a fire fight. I will never allow myself to be victimized in any way again. And I feel I have every God given right to self defense.
              Last edited by Glorify Him; 02-07-2021, 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
              X