Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edification of the body

All,
    I have been doing some deep soul-searching since yesterday afternoon.
    Once I realized "we" had "lost" this election mess I went into a very deep funk.
    I stopped caring about pretty much everything - I was at work and the dread/fear that had overtaken me was palpable, and I ceased working, "as unto the Lord".
    When I got home after a Dr. appt, i was irritable and grumpy to my beloved wife...actually, I FELT that but apparently didn't display it much because when I apologized for being grumpy she said she hadn't seen that (thank you, Lord!) but I sure did feel it.
    The fear that gripped me continued into the evening.
    While I kept remembering Peter, Jesus and the 'walking on water' it just wasn't hitting me at my spirit.
    Then it started dawning on me how that passage fits today.
    I
    MUST
    Stop
    Paying
    So
    Much
    Attention
    To
    The
    STORM

Pretty obvious, isn't it?
    So, practically - what does that mean?

I must stop focusing so much of my thoughts on what has happened and what we THINK will be the outcome.
    THAT'S the storm.
    So...with that in mind...
    I have soft-deleted (hidden) the thread where we started listing all of the horrible things ("Fall of America") that we think this evil government is going to do.
    I will start unsubscribing from MANY of the YT channels and FB Groups that, all they do is spell out what they think is about to come down the pike.

For WeDG...
    Please stop.
    PLEASE STOP.
    And I most certainly will, too (I'm as guilty as the rest)
    I want this board to be edifying to the body of Christ.
    If there is something that has happened that has prophetic impact - by all means, we can discuss it here.
    But the speculations of what's coming... "DOOM AND GLOOM" only brings poison to our souls.

So...here's something uplifting to end this message:

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
    1 Corinthians 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
    1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
    1 Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
    1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Good, Andy! I was just listening to a beautiful praise song by Matt Redmond called Blessed be Your name. I think it’s based on Job. We played it at my mom’s funeral. She had a hard life full of loss, but to the end she said, What God ordains is always good! That’s the kind of faith we need.

Comment

Amen brother Andy. When the President said it's over, I realized "it" is over. I will also be unsubscribing to a lot of things. However, this is what I believe the Lord has shown me that is a major take away from all of it: We are the Army of God, we are now well trained for battle.

All of "this" has informed formerly lax Christians as to the darkness that is in this world and it isn't new it just has gotten worse. While the battle belongs to the Lord, there is a larger army than before that if we do what we are called to do, will be more fervent in prayer. More willing to do spiritual battle. No matter what is happening around us we are called to drive away darkness and this is necessarily done primarily in our prayer closets. There was no defeat here if God's purpose was ultimately to wake up his Church to be the Ecclesia we are called to be. All of this cannot become about one man. Then we are into idolatry. Everything that we have fought hard for over the last years is found in Christ we just need to recognize it and seek to be more like Jesus daily and more vigorously than ever seek to spread the Gospel. Heart change is the only real way to change anything.

Comment

I just listened to Pastor Dana Coverstone’s daily prayer and talk. It’s on YouTube and perfect for what we are feeling and now talking about. Andy, I had your email address and sent it to you.

Comment

My lesson was a reminder to stop looking at the events on the side of the road. We are going to Jesus. He is the keeper of our hearts and souls. He has to be our focus and purpose.
          As we travel through this life-Jesus is our destination. Don't take your eyes off Him.

Comment

Thank you, Sue.
            I am subscribed to his YT channel with notifications so get those every morning when he does his daily prayers.

Comment

Andy, YW!

Comment

Andy, and all, you are not alone. At this point, I would really like the words, "might" and "could" to be stricken from our language; as in, "This might happen" and "This could happen." I'm feeling a little burned after getting caught up (my own fault) in too much news and too many pundits when pretty much nothing that was predicted, happened.

It's OK. BUT GOD. I've been backing away from all the "input" and I believe I'm seeing things much clearer now. Andy, you said in another post,
                ...and now I see how God is removing His hand of protection from this land...
                and I agree with you. It's something that started to come into my thoughts just before the election, and I hope these thoughts won't violate the direction you want the site to go. If they do, please don't hesitate to ask me to edit, or feel free to edit, yourself.

I've been asked if I think there will be one more revival, and I said I don't know. Based on the fact that the Bible doesn't explicitly mention one, I tend to think not, but I do agree that it is completely in God's character to accept an 11th hour repentance. It doesn't get much wickeder that Ninevah, and He did just that for them.

If someone were to ask me now, I would answer with a firm , "No, I don't think it will happen." With the caveat that I am not prophesying anything, I think God is giving us over to lawlessness. We have told Him time and time again that we want to do things our own way and we even want lawlessness and violence if they suit our purposes, and I think God is saying, "Okay, it's that time, then." He has said He won't strive with us forever. My prayer is that He will be merciful until that last moment when the Restrainer is taken out of the way and that nothing that doesn't absolutely have to happen, will happen.

It's good news for those who are in Christ, though! We are going to see Him! And our loved ones! Be encouraged, and don't give up on hope!
                Last edited by Flaxen; 01-10-2021, 06:18 PM. Reason: typo
                The closer you get to an event, the easier it gets to predict it. ~Lorenz Meier

Comment

Very well said Flaxen.
                  A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
                  A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Agreed and I really don't want to keep putting more restrictions on posting.
                    I'm going to (now) openly admit to all that I had one of the worst crisis' of faith I have experienced in many years.
                    I'm 'better' now (a LOT) as I now have peace again. My eyes are off the storm and back on Jesus.
                    However, the part you said (Flaxen) about the "might" and "could" happens - I so agree with you.
                    Faith tells us to trust God for the future....because He's already there.
                    We simply do not know what's going to happen so all of what's filtering in to my eyes/ears now, I'm back to being able to just "take it with a grain of salt" and it's not bothering me as it did.
                    That's me but I really want to be mindful of all readers of this site.
                    What does that mean for us discussing things here?
                    Honestly, I don't know...I'm sorry for my indecision. I know it can be confusing.
                    Feel free to post whatever but please PRAY FIRST and remember that folks that come here may not have the level of faith "you" (whoever) may and we do not want to cause someone to stumble and succumb to the spirit (LIE/SIN) of living in fear.

Comment

We know satan is the author of confusion and chaos. I agree, keep our eyes on Jesus and the Word of God. All else will fail us. His will shall be done despite our interpretation of what is going on. Prayer will strengthen and keep us in His perfect will.

Comment

Cool ..

2 Thessalonians 3:
                        But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.

Issachar
                        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

You are very kind, gail.

Andy, I am so glad you are doing better! Praise God for lifting you back up. I am praying that God will increase your faith and draw you even closer to Him from your crisis. Please know that you are not alone in this experience. It was just a couple of weeks ago that I was losing hope that the Rapture is going to happen anytime soon, after all. I can't lose that hope. Like Pastor JD, it's the thing that keeps me sane, and that's not hyperbole. God is good, God is faithful, and God restores.

You don't need to apologize for not having all the answers. You really are doing fine. To be conscious of not wanting to stumble someone shows that. We don't need to be playing around with all the "what ifs?" either, lest we give fear a foothold in our own lives!

Very short:
                          The closer you get to an event, the easier it gets to predict it. ~Lorenz Meier

Comment

Working...
                          X