ANOTHER - Another, Another Hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER - Another, Another Hurricane

The "tropical wave" that we've been watching has officially become a depression (thirty-one). It is forecast to quickly go through the tropical storm phase, and become a hurricane tomorrow night - the name will be Iota. It is set up to go west to Nicaragua, etc, just as Eta did. It should make landfall on Monday.

The people down there surely do need prayer support.
    Last edited by PlumBob; 11-13-2020, 12:43 PM.

They Did skip several letters of the alphabet as usual !!! What about Xena and Yoda and Zebra ???

Comment

Originally posted by lewisb View Post
      They Did skip several letters of the alphabet as usual !!! What about Xena and Yoda and Zebra ???
      LOL!

Plumbob you are so right. These poor people have already experienced such devastation this year. I know that I am mentally fried over having to watch all of this constantly. There's never been a year like this in my 72 spins around the sun.

Comment

I was & am not belittleing anyone or their circumstances... merely pointing out the obvious, that they are not using the entire alphabet...and that there are plenty of names...

Comment

I've heard that when we get through the Greek alphabet, we're going to Klingon. The first letter of which (Old Klingon, otherwise known as High Klingon) is "Chuh", with a very gutteral final -uh.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumBob View Post
            I've heard that when we get through the Greek alphabet, we're going to Klingon. The first letter of which (Old Klingon, otherwise known as High Klingon) is "Chuh", with a very gutteral final -uh.
            LOL LOL

Comment

I was "'thinking"" more along the line of Zable Zbeta Zcharlie Zdelta Zecho Zfox Z.....etc etc etc

Comment

Latest Forecast - 1PM Eastern, Saturday

Iota is a tropical storm. Winds at 50 mph. Moving west-southwest at 5 mph.
                She is expected to reach hurricane strength by 7PM tomorrow (Sunday) night, and to come ashore around 7PM Monday night. The current forecast track takes her through Nicaragua, Honduras, and San Salvador. Then into the Pacific.

Those folks certainly don't need another storm to deal with. Please Pray for them.

FORECAST MAP HERE

Comment

Samaritan's Purse has airlifted a field hospital to Honduras, so praise God for that!

Here.
                  The closer you get to an event, the easier it gets to predict it. ~Lorenz Meier

Comment

Originally posted by lewisb View Post
                    I was "'thinking"" more along the line of Zable Zbeta Zcharlie Zdelta Zecho Zfox Z.....etc etc etc
                    LOL!!
                    Good one, Lewis...got a good chuckle outta that one.

Comment

10PM, Saturday update.

Iota is almost a hurricane now. She (It?) Will continue to grow overnight, and is moving west at 5mph.

She will be a major hurricane when she goes ashore, Monday evening. So they say.

But only God controls the weather.
                      Last edited by PlumBob; 11-14-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Hurricane Iota is about 7 hours from the Nicaraguan coast. Winds 160mph.

Please pray for the folks who will have to go through this.

Comment

Working...
                        X