Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew 24 only speaks to the Jew in the Tribulation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew 24 only speaks to the Jew in the Tribulation???

if so, the phrase "no one knows the time day or hour" means the tribulation era Jew will not know exactly when the 2nd coming will happen !!! Jesus says the days of the tribulation will be shortened..so it is somewhat shorter than 3 1/2 years after the abomination at the mid trib point.... He also comes to Petra before Jerusalem...

Anyway, Matthew to John are old testament books written under the Law, written to the Jew,,,with Jesus preaching the gospel ( meaning the good news) of the millennial kingdom, not to the gentiles, and only by inference to the future church IF the Jews rejected Him...

Your first statement, that's a little confusing. Daniel and Revelation give the exact number of days, do they not?

For your second paragraph...I can only imagine how confused the disciples were when Jesus said those amazing words in John 14:1-3.
    This was clearly a message to the future church, not to the Jews alone under Mosaic Law.

Comment

Amen Andy on John 14.

I will never accept that the Gospels are not for me for in them is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and thereby did I have the opportunity to have my sins washed away, become a new creation in Christ and ..... drumroll ... have life eternal!

Have never agreed with any systematic theology but have, and do, agree with specific points in some of them, but only because I clearly see those points in the Holy Scripture, the very Word of God.

2 Timothy 3:
      All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

There was no compiled, written New Testament (Covenant) at the time that Paul wrote to Timothy, so “All scripture” had to refer to the written Old Testament (Covenant). But through them, Christ is clearly revealed.

Jesus said that the Scriptures, the Law and the Prophets, are about Him.

John 5:
      Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Luke 24:
      And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

I quoted John and Luke to show that the First Covenant (Old Testament) served to point to and bring about, the Messiah, the Christ, by whom and through whom, all men might be saved.

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

• Andy
        Andy commented
        Editing a comment
        Brother Issachar, I'm not saying I disagree with Lewis on his presentation of systematic theology. What he presented is how I was taught growing up as well and when I do a phrase-search for "kingdom of heaven" it seems that every place it shows up (always and only in the gospels) it applies to the Millennial Reign, not the Eternal State. So, I tend to agree with this theological approach BUT ... Jesus did "drop a few hints" that there would be something different after His death/resurrection. Another one is, "...upon this rock I will build my Church" (future tense). This would have also been confusing to the Mosaic-Law-Only folks around him.

Jesus is being asked about the end of the age and his coming to reign on the earth... his followers knew nothing about the rapture, as Jesus had only taught about the coming millennial kingdom...
      therefore my statement about no one knowing the exact day of the 2nd coming must be valid..
      Mathew 24 & mark 13 says the final period of the tribulation will be shortened otherwise no one would survive...

Comment

Andy, what then do we do with Matthew’s gospel and his being inspired to use, seemingly, “heaven” and “God” Interchangeably in chapter 19? (Not arguing, just curious.)

Matthew 19:
        Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Issachar
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I see that as both are true...it's as difficult for a rich man to enter the millennial kingdom as it is for him to enter the eternal state ("heaven")...for the same reason.
          Self-reliance.

Comment

Working...
          X