Pray...then oil your weapon...voices from our past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray...then oil your weapon...voices from our past

I took my M1 carbine out of my closet, a few days ago...I had usually oiled cleaned my guns once a year...All gunners are gasping in horror at that The good ol' boys/girls usually caress their arms as often as possible... give you some idea how long it had been, with my astigmatism,
    NOW, i really could not see the rear sight!!!
    i have been painting the rear sight mount white as well as the front blade... years ago i had ground down the rear peep site to an open sight as my eye sight got worse...I bought the weapon in 1976...My last count eleven guns... 5 of which are black powder...and dont forget my howitzer and signal gun!

anyway, voices from the past.... A revolutionay pastor, when chasing the imperial army from Concord, April 19, 1775,back to Boston, when the milita were running out of ball patches, gave the men prayer books to make patches with, shouting "give them _____ (authors name) "
    The Statutes of the states of the colonies and young Republic stated that "every man must keep a musket in good working order, 50 balls, patches and powder for the common defense...to put down insurrection, and to oppose any standing army that might tend to deny their liberties"...That the militia was composed of the entire male population 15 to 70!!! "The armed citizenry, being far superior in number that any possible army the central government might raise"(paraphrased)...
    These, our ancestors, were really serious about this!!!
    Our "war of the Northern aggression"" and all other wars were fought by calling up the state militias, only later conscription...
    Last edited by lewisb; 07-08-2020, 05:28 PM.

Always keep it, and the part of the brain and mind that work it, in tip top shape.

Needing it, should that arise, is no time to be saying, “I wish I would have _________. (fill in the blank)

Someone recently asked for opinions about guns (or not) as a Christian. My first scriptural thought was:

1 Timothy 5:
    But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Then that person mentioned that exact verse; even for the same reason I was going to mention it. (The demand on my time has been tremendous lately ..)

Sure, as a husband I should be sure to be providing things for my wife/family .. e.g. food, shelter .. security.

A police officer friend and brother in Christ told me an answer to my question about what he thought of Christians and self defense. I thought his answer was good and correct:

”When I’m out sharing the gospel on the street, if someone spits on me, curses me, hits me .. it goes with the territory. But when I’m home and my family is there, if they break in, they won’t live past a few seconds.”

Now despite the fact that it is a very unlikely event, you never know.

Now I happen to love plinking targets. It’s a lot of fun. I taught my children and am teaching my grandchildren. Each time out, I ask them what the most important and effective safety mechanism is. They know .. point to head and say, think. They’re good kids.

We live in a time where it seems any violence can happen anywhere, anytime. The violators are pretty much without conscience.

I hope I’m raptured before ever having to take a human life. But if not and that is forced on me, I think I would not hesitate. I’d like to think that I would not.

Living in a populated area, my kids got me a green laser for a handgun and I load it with hollow points. No likely pass through that way.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I normally have not kept my handgun or shotgun loaded but could very quickly do so even with zero light. When riots happened (but were very quickly scrunched) in my home town a few weeks ago, I keep both loaded now. I have several neighbors that do the same.

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
      X