Wonderful comfort for my soul last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful comfort for my soul last night

I was a bit uneasy last night after seeing too much yesterday...
    I read a chapter a day at bedtime... In God's povision and comfort, last night my daily Bible reading were these words..

!st Corrinthians:
    51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Jesus is all present to comfort us in our dark, down moments.... From the beginning, He knew I needed to read those words last night...
    All knowing, all present, to comfort His children when we need it most....
    Thankyou, Jesus

Thank you for that, Lewis.
    Here's what I keep thinking about:

Luke 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
    Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Not only do we not fear Him, we look forward to meeting Him, either in death or when we're some of the few that will not taste physical death.

The other verse I've been meditating on:

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Comment

Working...
    X