Matthew 27:60-62 about the day of the Crucifiction and 3 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew 27:60-62 about the day of the Crucifiction and 3 days

Seems absolutely plain to me that Jesus was crucified on the preperation day before the passover began just like the passover lamb was killed which was Wednsday before 6PM when passover day thursday starts ... this gives three days and nights before Jesus rises Sunday before dawn...

this also means that Jesus was arrested after Wednsday began 6pm Tuesday, then tried that evening... Jesus was taken to Pilate daytime Wednsday, crucified & taken off the cross in the tomb before 6pm Wednsday

Thing is this also means Jesus passover meal was a whole day early since he was crucified hours before the passover meal was eaten after the thursday Passover began -- which was 6pm wednsday...

Think I have it right... Jesus had to have been killed the same day and hour the passover lambs were killed to be eaten in a few hours later for the passover meal...

Some say this a "Problem verse" since it doesnt agree with their opinion !!
    Imho the only problem here is that I'm right !!!
    59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,

60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.

61 And there was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the sepulchre.

62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,
    Last edited by lewisb; 11-13-2019, 11:44 PM.

I've held this view for over 40 years! There were 2 sabbaths that week in history.

Comment

Two Sabbath's in one week?
      Now I'm confused

Comment

The Passover on Thursday was a Sabbath (meaning a high holy day)as was that week's Saturday... so two sabbath's that week...
        note that once again, God arranged from eternity for that Passover Sabbath to be a Thursday so Jesus would be 3 days and nights in the Earth rising on Sunday, the 1st day of the week

Last edited by lewisb; 11-18-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

That would be there was a back-to-back Sabbath since Sabbath starts and finishes at sundown.
          Thurs at sundown to Fri at sundown is one,
          Fri at sundown to Sat at sundown is the second??

I'd want to see some kind of evidence from scripture or history for this. I don't ever recall Passover being called, "Sabbath" in scripture...but I shall have to dig into this a bit.

Comment

Actually Thursday Passover started Sundown Wednsday lasted until Sundown Thursday........... Saturday Sabbath started sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday.....
            Passover was known as a High day, a special Sabbath...
            All this is the only way Jesus could be in the earth 3 days and nights and risen before dawn Sunday... He rose in the dark before dawn which was why the soldiers were so terrified by the descending bright angel who rolled away the great stone in front of the tomb...

Comment

Working...
            X