Decline of Christianity in America continuing at rapid pace, poll finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decline of Christianity in America continuing at rapid pace, poll finds

New Pew survey finds self-identified US Christians dropped 12% in a decade as number of those claiming no religious affiliation surged
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/declin...ce-poll-finds/

Not surprising. Good confirmation though.

The West is so steeped now in atheistic teaching in it's schools, television and the myriad ways now to access media, that it is inevitable. A lot of folks that claimed being Christian but were not born again and indwelt by the Holy Spirit in the past, had not a leg to stand on against the assault on children, who are now grown and running even worse agendas in school and media and not teaching their own children any Judeo-Christian ethic, are setting the stage for an exponential growth of the same .. amplified.

[True] Christians .. heads up!

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I dare say that a large percent of that 12% are people that just a few years earlier said they were "christian" (the lack of the capital C is intentional)
      Interestingly, some on our board predicted some 5 years ago or so that there would be a polarization in this nation: Those that are claiming to be that which they are not will fall by the wayside and stop pretending. Me thinks we see that process in full-swing, now.

Comment

Agree gentlemen.

Comment

It’s probably time for each of us to get up from our comfortable pews and go outside of the church to reach as many as God puts in our path. Many our looking for the truth but don’t know where to find it:
          A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
          A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Agreed, Gail. I've heard more than once that unchurched people have been surveyed and asked why they haven't been to a church and their answer was, "I've never been invited".

Comment

Friends of ours are doing street ministry three times a week and having tremendous success. There’s such a thirst for God. Many are people who would not feel comfortable in a church, but they’re comfortable in an informal setting that brings Jesus where they are.

Comment

Yes, that and neighborhood bible studies - people are HUNGRY to have hope. Maybe this is what you're referring to.

Comment

Yes Andy, being a witness outside the church walls.

Comment

Working...
                  X