50 Years Ago Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Years Ago Today

An interesting and excellent account of man’s first moon landing and a bit of the history surrounding it that made it happen.

https://creation.com/apollo-moon-lan...th-anniversary

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

A nice depiction video:

https://youtu.be/uzbquKCqEQY

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

CSPAN is airing the 1969 CBS coverage of the men stepping onto the moon and what they did.
      The original was 2 hours 40 min long. Unfortunately, I missed the first 10 minutes but am recording the rest of it.
      I watched a few minutes of it and it brought back a flood of memories.
      Amazing what was accomplished with so little technology, comparative to today.
      I'm sure we've all heard that the technology we hold in our hands with smartphones is greater than the technology of all of the computers that put man on the moon.

Comment

In the creation article above, they mention the computing power comparative but also mention the advantages of the computers at that time as well as the “human computers.”

Issachar

Comment

I believe one of the first things they did was prepare and partake in Holy Communion. That news was kept hidden for most part.
          A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
          A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Yes, the communion matter is in the creation article too and yes, it was censored by NASA.

There is some good history in that article ..

Issachar

Comment

Sorry Issachar.. I didn’t take the time to read the article. I had heard about it the other morning on Fox. So now we can credit NASA from withholding news from us just like the mainstream media.
              A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
              A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Yes, “the world” loves the darkness and hates the light.

John 3:
                19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Issachar

Comment

Working...
                X