Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis, please drink PLENTY of water!
    Any symptoms of heat stroke is dangerous.
    First stage is dehydration, second heat exhaustion, third heat stroke - then death.
    NOT a fun way to go.

During the hottest days of the year you should be drinking about 1 gallon of pure, clean water per day. I know that sounds like a lot but that's my minimum for me. Takes time to build up to that much but once you do, your body will crave that much - and it is SO GOOD for your entire system...cells, organs (including/esp the kidneys, liver and bladder)...etc.

Comment

• Finally a nice cool breeze from the ocean, temps dropped down into the mid 70s today & for the week...was able to go out safely... the ocean currents come South from Alaska which keeps the coast pretty decent most of the time... now if you live in the inland valleys, you're "on the griddle" you had better have air conditioning...

Comment

• Yes, we're finally enjoying a beautiful cool-down and LOTS of rain.
        We were in drought status and suddenly the sky has burst forth!
        I think our home has received some 6" in the past 10 days, more in the forecast all thru this week.
        Almost too much but we're NOT complaining!

Comment

• San Diego East county...first big brush fire of the season...9000 acres burned today...about 45 muiles East of the ocean... I know the area well...thankfully not much wind, but temps around 100 makes it bad...there is no way to fight a fire like this on the ground in the mountain / canyon brush country

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/sep/0...l-valley-area/

Comment

• Be safe, Lewis!

Comment

• its been 6 months since we have posted here!! time flies.
              Anyway, its possible / likely we have to be out of our building .2 blocks from the beach next Sunday the 21st...
              We have spent four years in this location and three other places in the city tracting every house in the city, all the cars on the streets possibly several times...with no real result... there are maybe 20 apostate "churches" here...
              I would say that possibly God has written "icabod" on this city of Imperial Beach and possibly removed our church group from the seacoast because of the evil spirit here...Other pastors have also tried to start faithful works here, and only one succeeded---after moving a couple miles away back in the early "80s.....
              I almost thought I would hear the Trumpet sound this evening... but no, not yet...
              Our new pastor hasn't preached for 5 weeks now because he lost his voice or maybe God took it...
              Anyway, I will be doing a wednesday night class in my home... we may try doing Sunday church in public parks...or in the Walmart parking lot even... Or maybe in a catacombe if we can find one ...summer and good weather is now almost here, mostly...
              Last edited by lewisb; 03-15-2021, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• RESTRICTIONS on worship in public in Imperial Beach! Now a church group wanting to use a public park or the beach must have a permit and business license from the city!!! And that does not include the state / county rules... only 3 small family groups allowed at a location and safe distancing whatever that is suspposed to mean... we have been doing illegal church here for maybe ten years... City refuses to give out any more church licenses as they would rather have more Sodom and Gomorah type business... Our storefront we have been renting illegally for 4 years is going to be torn down ASAP now to make way for a pizza and custom beer swillery !!!
                These swilleries are wide open here, with no covid enforcement!!! People maskless, elbow to elbow outside where the street parking used to be!!! Anything to bring in tax dollars....

all while terrorizing the established churches in the San Diego area! Now at least pastors are finally refusing to comply, and many churches are now open at half capacity...

Comment

• Wow, brother.
                  The darkness must almost be palpable.
                  I've contemplated NYC and California.
                  California seems vile to the core as a state whereas NYC is worst in the city itself and I'm unsure how the rest of the state is.
                  "How long, O Lord..."

Comment

• well, one of our brothers has been able to get his housemates to allow us to use their home for our Sunday evening church...at least for now...saving a lot of money... My thinking lately is trying to sublet a beauty parlor in a mall for a couple hours Sunday evenings to get more public exposure... but we will see...as for now our church is not entirely homeless... we will also meet in my trailer home wednesday nights...

Comment

• Prayer Cover Needed.............
                      the other home meeting place fell through, subletting is more difficult nowadays...
                      as I just emailed our moderators, tomorrow the 3/27th is the last night in our storefront... From now on we meet in my home / and in parks...
                      AND
                      After much discussion today, we need to ask our temporary acting pastor to resign tomorrow due to lack of work ethic and people skills...we gave him a year... without good result...
                      need prayer cover...
                      Thankyou, Lewis

Comment

• May our Lord bless the efforts of Lewis’s church to glorify Him and to find a stable and affordable physical setting for worship and other necessary purposes. May the transition of the acting pastor to a new pastor, appointed by God, be smooth. We ask this in Jesus name, amen.

Comment

• Praying, Lewis.
                          The closer you get to an event, the easier it gets to predict it. ~Lorenz Meier

Comment

• If he refuses to step down, I can't take the attitude sense of entitlement any more...I will just walk away...and its likely that the only other person giving and working will go with me...

Comment

• Wondering how it went?

Comment

• postphoned to wed bible study...prayer needed

Now on the usual life fuss, I had to get a new car battery, found out I have a tiny power drain somewhere so I had to put in a battery shut off switch...
                                Trying to remove a PT Cruiser battery, you have to stand the battery on end, then grease it and pull!!!
                                putting the new one in is fun as well... thankfull I did not have to disassemble the car, just move the air cleaner top out of the way-kind of!!
                                Last edited by lewisb; 03-31-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X