X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

ref. post #147:
    Originally posted by melsec
    Just goes to show though that God is faithful even when we are not and that he never gives up.
    Amen .. and thank you for sharing that story.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

22 years ago today my mom went home to be with Jesus. She was one of the last of her siblings to die and she had such a hard time each time she had to go to another funeral. She accepted Jesus as her savior some years before so she prayed to The Lord that when her time came she wanted to go to sleep and wake in the arms of her Lord Jesus. He answered her pray to the "T". Miss her every day but our joy comes in knowing she has gone on before us and is saving those of my saved siblings a chair at the table of the marriage dinner of the lamb.

Comment

cooking potatoes onions peppers sausage
        the utube I just saw had the sausage / meat in first frying awile then adding the chunks of potatoes coloured pepper slices and cooking them together... said the potatoes would make its own water....thing is seems to me that the onion would disappear and the sausage burn up long before the potato chunks were cooked....???????????????

Comment

Hi everybody. Just checking in asking for advice. My 35 year old daughter was invited to a friends party. There she met someone who claims to be a "healer" . Now she knows this girl from high school I guess this is the first time since then she has seen her. So she came home tonight and told me about her. My first words were is she Wiccan? Catherine has led a very sheltered life so she is not sure if she was or not. While I couldn't shelter them from every thing I tried to keep most of it out of our home. So not much knowledge for her. I told her she needs to understand what she encountered so I asked her what did she tell you? Well she took hold of Catherine's hands and asked if she felt the heat from her hands. Catherine said she did. Then I asked Catherine where did this girl say she got her power from? Answer "angels". Well I told Catherine it was time for her to understand what happened and why. So in the morning we are having a bible study on bad angels. Anyhow I scared her. She thought she had doomed herself because this person held her hands and she felt heat. I assured her that Jesus already had her back when she told me what happened. So any thoughts or advice?

Comment

Whale watching from the schooner today... saw several pods / groups of Grey whales... one broached nearby...they migrate along the coast from Alaska to Mexico.... didnt even need to wear a coat offshore for some of the afternoon Left by 9 was back by sunset... Great day

Comment

ref. post 154:

Hard to know what specifically happened without more info, but it could be reiki .. ugh. Many of the occult/pagan "healing hands" thing are experienced with "hot hands." But it doesn't really matter so much which pagan practice this lady is into .. it's all sourced from the demonic realm. Sad. Very sad. Perhaps your daughter, should she see her again, could share the gospel with her. But even if not, she needs to NOT allow this hand thing ..

There is also pranic healing, chakra healing .. all demonic. Many are deceived though because these things actually do have some degree of success in healing. The devil hates with a hatred that fortunately, we cannot even imagine. But despite that, he is able to actually treat people "nicely" if that is what it takes to get them into an eternal lake of fire. He doesn't care what it takes, he'll do it .. Remember Pharoh's magicians could cast their rods on the floor and they became serpents. Too bad for them doing it in front of Aaron's rod.

Exodus 7:
              And Moses was fourscore years old, and Aaron fourscore and three years old, when they spake unto Pharaoh.
              8 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,
              9 When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.
              10 And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.
              11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.
              12 For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

God will not allow His people to have anything to do with sorcery .. OT .. NT .. nothing. If it were all simply sleight of hand gimmickry, He may not care about it.

Issachar
              The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

We sat down and together we read from Johanna Michaels "The beautiful side of evil" and Dr. Walter Martin's "the kingdom of the occult" both support everything they wrote with heavy doses of Scripture. She is relieved that she knows what it all meant and that Jesus had her back. She did say that she was very uncomfortable with what this person said and did and I told her "greater is He who is in you, than he who is in the world" the Holy Spirit at work in her warning her about what she heard and saw. So I doubt that she will see this young lady again, but if she does the best offense is a good defense that being the Gospel of Jesus Christ

Comment

the new age occult explained

"the hidden dangers of the rainbow"
                  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...of+the+rainbow

Comment

This is unbelievable.

Comment

I did archery for some years ... So I have an idea how difficult this is...

and yes, very very few people have that physical ability to even come close to this mans talent...

Comment

Anyone having certificate revocation error messages lately? My wife's computer was getting them .. I did, in IE - Tools ---> Internet Options ---> Content ---> Clear SSL State. Seemed to fix it. But then, several hours later, it's back and just now, I started getting them .. all on sites we regularly use and some, won't even load.

Any thoughts?

Issachar

Comment

My swamp cooler feels SO Good
                          I just could not help myself; I called up my sister in Massachusetts and just plain Wined about the 84 degree weather
                          ALL this week..... Just took a walk along the beach.....people on the beach in swim suits, or just soaking up the sun..... my peach tree just Covered with pink/white blossoms....

Its SO tough to live in almost paradise

Anyway, we find ourselves just PRAYING for winter storms here so we can get some water to fall from the sky !!!

Comment

went sailing Saturday... saw 2 whales ... t-shirt weather anyway, its almost summer... my garden is growing

Comment

Ok, ....So.... why is just Me posting ? Sad ...
                              Anyway, I just put a one gallon/1 1\2 foot tall Rosemary bush in the ground today, along my driveway...
                              I now have four 6inch awesome pinkish red Roses out front
                              And one almost white rose with pink highlights on the same bush !!!
                              My Freestone peach tree has a big load of peaches already almost as big as a silver dollar... will have to knock off most of them or I will have fruitmageddon and maybe break branches...
                              My Tangelo tree is loaded with tiny fruit that will ripen between Christmas and New Years...
                              My Plumb tree is still snoreing ! Maybe will start leafing next month and produce by mid summer... I hope
                              My square foot garden is slowly coming along... ""experts"" say I should feed it weekly...not weakly as I have been..
                              AND people are swimming in the water at the beach, even though the water is still a little "cold"
                              People surf all year round in wetsuits...
                              And kitesail surfboards too!!!

Comment

Time is flying by! I wonder....once I heard that time is actually speeding up...literally! The closer to the rapture the faster time goes. Little Ricky will be 2 years old next month and Emma Amelia just turned 6months old! So much going on as the time approaches. Been helping out my friend Claudia who lost her husband unexpectedly. The shock has worn off but now the real battle begins. Her husband didn't really have anything prepared for such an event and so now she is struggling trying to find all she needs. I can't remember if I shared but after his death the funeral home asked her what she wanted and she said to embalm him as family was coming. Then after that he would be cremated. Well before anyone could get there they cremated him. Needless to say she was devastated. So they are having to deal with this all on top of everything else. Her son in law is dealing with the funeral home. He doesn't want Claudia to have to deal with it. Say a pray would you? Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                                X