Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Our brother Lewis emailed a request to me that we open a thread such as this.

Got something on your mind you want to share? Something that isn't prophecy or Bible-study related?

Did you just enjoy a great vacation and you're itchin to tell your WeDG friends all about it?
    This is the place

Did you just buy a new boat and you just can't wait to share that with us?
    Here ya go!

Did you just have a baby/grand-baby that you absolutely KNOW is the cutest thing God has ever created??
    This is the thread for you!

Note: As a reminder if you want to share pictures of Mount Rainier, your 60' yacht or your grand-baby you'll have to put those pictures on some other web location and link to that here. We don't allow image uploads on WeDG.

Extra rule in place here:
    Enjoy!

Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Well, only 8 views and no posts.
    I'll leave this up for a few more days and toss it if no one is interested.

Comment

One thing I was thinking is that instead of making it a sticky could we give it it's own spot like praynet and general prophecy etc? We could keep the name General fellowship or maybe Family encounters or whatever. I feel it gets lost in the sticky especially if someone clicks on it and then the bold highlight goes away. Could we try that?

Comment

Ha !!! Just saw the thread !!!!!!!!!
        Our Schooner Bill of Rights (just yesterday) got her Coast Guard certification to carry passengers.
        Now She can pay for her keep We have a charter lined up for Saturday !! A childrens group...
        Come the 7th to the 9th of March we are sailing to Santa Catalina Island 25 miles off LA... It will likely take 18 hours to get there from San Diego... Leave 4AM Friday, get there 8pm Friday... spend all saturday on the island then sail back Saturday evening get back mid day Sunday... should be fun... pray for WIND >>>warm<<< wind -- btw a light Santa Anna would be nice...

My church is breaking ground Sunday for our building program

Sleeping bag warmer http://safetycentral.com/grslbagwa.html
        Last edited by lewisb; 02-20-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Andy, I just now noticed this realm is in existence. I think it is GREAT! I for one will follow the new rule: Enjoy.

Maybe you could put an annoucement thread in the main part of the forum with a title that will get a lot of views? e.g. The world is ending on this Saturday.

Ok, maybe not that one ...

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Anything here? Well, it's not a new boat or grandchild (that'll be mid May) .. but for all who tinker in things:

Furnace gets a call for heat from the thermostat. Flame comes on .. plenum reaches thermal switch high point; blower starts. Upon reaching thermostat set point, the flame goes out, blower cools down plenum .. but then, the blower motor pulses on/off 10-20 times before being fully off. I am long distance helping someone with this and haven't seen the furnace yet for myself. But the persons descriptions are pretty good; even their terminology.

If I get more info, I'll post it if anyone has thoughts on this. Also, with thermal safety switch by-passed, it's the same behavior.

Issachar
            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I have a new grandson, born Jan 29th. This is Landon Luke. On the 28th of February we will find out the gender of another grandchild due mid July. I'm hoping for a girl as all I have is grandsons so far.

Comment

Very cool Debbie. The whole process of procreation that our Lord invented is SO amazing! Talk about complexity! Mankind hasn't even invented the wheel yet compared to it. (Oh dear .. did I really use that as an analogy? Shame on me .. wheels were invented way early on; shortly after the fall.) We're running about 50/50 on the gender thing with grandchildren.

Issachar

Comment

The furnace thing ... It was always annoying growing up ***** that in the middle of a snow / ice storm the power would go out and with that the oil furnace would stop too--just when you really needed it... I would think that with all this science ""they"" could send a man into space but could not keep a furnace running???????

We had two 30 gallon propane tanks out back to run the stove, and used the stove to heat the house then...

Some years later I read that someone had come up with an oil furnace thermostat that did not need
                  the utilities power...however I never heard about anyone using it...

***** yep I left the barn door wide open there some insist I never did quite ""grow up""

Comment

Debbie, beautiful baby boy! Congratulations! We too have another baby on the way. My daughter Julia is expecting baby #2 in September. So excited!

Comment

Thank you Jackie, and Congratulations to you on baby #2. Issachar, Yes indeed, the whole process is so amazing. I got to watch the birth of one of my grandsons, and it was so cool to see. I almost got to cut his cord because my son was squeemish about it but the dr. was able to convince him to do it.
                      Last edited by Debbie W.; 02-22-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Kudos to Lewis! I have nothing special to report at this time, except that I like this idea.
                        A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
                        A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Love the idea! Congratulations, Debbie - beautiful baby!

Comment

I LOVE this idea of having a "family room" to share with!!! (Just saw this thread)

Congrats on the new grandbaby, so adorable. My arms are aching to hold him, lol

Lewis, congrats of the certification. Sounds like you are going to have quite the adventures ahead. Good for you!

Nothing newsworthy in my little world. I'm just happy to be here.

Comment

Cool room! Cool people in room! Very jealous of super cool people who get new grand babies. I want grand babies!! Please Lord, can I have one? I've been a really great grand maw to my grand dogs, so I think I'm ready now

Congratulations Debbie! I really am happy for you

Comment

Working...
                              X