Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Majestic mountains ... These daredevils are certainly world class in their art.......
    however, one tiny error in judgment, wind change, downdraft, and they are splat
    -- its all over... these people have a very high mortality rate... base jumpers especially,, several die every summer...
    While they have every right to put themselves at risk, they do not have any right what-so-ever to put
    rescue workers in danger because of what they do ....

Comment

Yes, brother, I am aware of that - it's extremely dangerous...but, wow, those videos!
      Breathtaking.

Comment

I have a new hobby project !!! Ijust bought an old never finished 12 gauge black powder shotgun barrel for $40.. old with a really nice patina... put some bear grease on it and it should look great ...needs to be tapped for a breach plug and drum (a drum holds the percussion cap nipple) that will cost $65 ... A new breach plug and drum about $30 ... Then I have to carve out a stock for it...
        eventually I will make a percussion cap hammer assy... but until then I can fire it with a tack hammer
        I know, Only Lewis...
        Thing is a new 1840's"trade gun" shotgun would cost well over $2000... and this one will look "old" when I'm done with it...yes, I will have to leave the new breach plug and drum out in the rain for a while so it acquires a nice patina matching the old barrel...I may have to create some rain here in San Diego though...
        Last edited by lewisb; 07-30-2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I just wrote a whole paragraph and it bumped me out before I could save. Oh well guess that's what I get for being long winded. Briefly then my son John got a temp job( thank you Lord) and he interviewed for a correctional officer job(a permanent job with good wages/ benefit.) pray please everyone for that to happen. Our baby in the womb is doing well and will be delivered 9/24 by repeat c/ section. A friend passed away (sad day for us) wish I was more persistent with him because although we saw them infrequently I don't believe he was saved unless it happened lately. Very sad about that. Off I go to bed. Good night.

Comment

Really want to recommend the Ctrl-A (on your keyboard....hold down the Ctrl key, hit the letter "A" one time) when you've typed a long message....it will highlight the entire message. Then hit Ctrl-C. This copies it to what's know as your "clipboard" (just your computer memory). When you hit "Post Quick Reply" and you realize the system timed you out you can go back to "Reply to Thread" and in the new message box hit Ctrl-V. This will paste your entire, "lost" message.

Hope this helps someone...

Comment

Copying
              Highlight, Ctrl/insert and its on your clipboard...... however ctrl/a is a goodie too

Monsoon San Diego !!! Its actually raining so I stood out in the rain and washed my car !!!
              Actually used my umbrella 1st time this year at the store earlier.....
              Of course we are getting nice rain in the mountians
              Thankyou LORD
              We caught just the edge of the latest Mexican hurricane... a little humidity, light rain, overcast is a nice change... we have been 80 all week (our two weeks of summer lets hope !!!
              Look out New Mexico to Texas!!!!
              140 years ago Cat 5 hurricanes would hit San Diego.....

Comment

I'm sorry, why does New Mexico and Texas need to look out? I've seen nothing that appears to be threatening the U.S. at all.
                What am I missing

Comment

remnants of hurricane already hitting New Mexico heading East

Comment

OK so what is a simmer and how does it differ from a low boil ?? !!
                    In desperation my taste buds bought almost 2 1/2 pounds of corned beef ...
                    The package said """"""""""simmer""""""" (whatever that is " 50 minutes per pound.....
                    so being somewhat annoyed with my stomach revolting (it wanted ""food"" )
                    I cut it in half and """""simmered"""" in two pots 60 minutes for one point two pounds maybe kinda sortof

How many boils a minute do you get with a simmer ???

Anyway, it was reasonably good... a little firmer than Deli corned beef ... does that mean I """" simmered"""" (that iffy word again ) a little more to the boil side? Anyway, very little fat in this corned beef... maybe thats why ???
                    Suggestions, belly laughs ???

Comment

• Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Little Ricky has been to 3 baseball games. He has got quite the arm. Unfortunately I have been at the end of his fast ball and forgot to duck! Wow that kid can whip that ball. I posted in prayer thread this so just briefly, John has a second interview with the job he is hoping for. So continue to pray if you be so kind, that The Lord would bless him with it if that is in His will. Thanks much.

Comment

Totally clueless management of the Los Angeles Tall Ships Festival !!!
                        The ships went all that way to LA (some hundreds of miles) to take out passengers for day cruises to help pay for the ships costs...
                        The Tall Ship event management parked all the ships along a 20 foot high seawall with no way to get the passengers on / off the ships...!!! The crew has to use our small boat to ferry crew quite a ways to get them on / off the ship!!!
                        Totally insane... I was planning to take the bus up to LA tomorrow to help sail Her back to San Diego...
                        I talked to the president of our sailing assn yesterday, and again just now Saturday and he said everything is so disorganized and messed up, I might as well not come.......
                        Last edited by lewisb; 08-23-2014, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Ideas and prayers for getting baby to sleep through night

Hi everyone needing prayers and ideas for getting little Ricky to sleep through the night. He has rarely done so and mama and daddy are getting pretty worn out. ( just dawned on me this could be in family thread, so Andy if you want to move I understand) anyway with Julia due in just a month and with daddy Rick now doing his street patrol duty(need to have a clear head for that nowadays!) we really need to get this straightened out. So prayers please and advice is most welcome

Comment

• Re: Ideas and prayers for getting baby to sleep through night

I remember my father saying that if a baby is checked and is not wet, etc, and its not feeding time, the baby will cry itself to sleep after a while..... picking the baby up every time it crys just reinforces the behaviur to cry to get picked up, to get attention...
                            All of our generation got over it-- we ended up reasonably normal .....

Comment

If baby seems to be pulling legs up under him while he wails there's a chance it's his tummy. We used a little Chamomile tea with his formula (or whatever you give via bottle) and that worked wonders for my son.

Comment

I had the same problem with my first child. My mom said when I get up to feed her in the night, DO NOT turn on a light, DO NOT talk to her, just change her diaper, feed her and put her right back down. It only took a couple nights and a lot of reassuring myself that crying would eventually stop and she would be fine. It worked for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X