Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

I've been really busy with life lately. My daughter got married on June 22nd! We are so happy and blessed to have a son in law now.

I had house guests staying with us for about 14 days. There are 4 of us and there were 8 of them so my house was a very busy place. Loved every minute of it!!! Truly feel blessed to have had that time with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by lewisb View Post

And NO, you can't shoot potatoes-or real cannon shot -at other ships as the insurance companies just might complain !!!

Lewis

No sense of humor whatsoever.

Comment

Congrats on your daughter's marriage. I know it can be a stressful but wonderful time

Comment

Thank you Jackie

They are honeymooning over in Europe right now. Ireland, England, France and Italy.
          Prayers for safe travel are appreciated, especially after all this talk on TV about amping up security at airports.

Comment

Mission trip causes mystery illness
            One of our members, Ross, contacted a mystery illness on a mission trip to the Philippines ...
            Its been almost a month and still the doctors dont know what it is... He is still very sick...
            This is one of the several dangers of mission work in 3rd world countries...
            1st time this sort of thing has happened to one of our people

Comment

sorry to hear that Lewis, I'll be sure to pray for him. My niece is going to be doing the "World Race" which is 11 countries in 11 months next year. I am a little worried for her but she has the heart of a missionary!

Comment

Newest arrival to my family. Quaid arrived 7-12-14 at 5:50 am weighing in at 7 lbs 14 oz, and 21 in. long. He looks like his mama, but got my sons extra long toes haha.

Comment

A cure for caterwauling !!!
                  One of my near neighbors is really impressed with his own singing... the weeds in my yard cringe when he ""sings"" in his backyard with his speakers turned up really loud... his piano playing leaves a lot to be desired as well...

I have found though that if I put a Christian tape, and turn up my sterio so I can hear it out in my yard for some reason, he stops after a few minutes !!!
                  Must not want to hear Gospel music

Comment

Ron - I wanted to continue our cat-chat but felt it was better suited for this thread.

Regarding "fetch"
                    Ah, it was a HOOT!
                    I shot a rubber-band across the room and she went TEARING across the floor after it...picked it up and brought to to me... dropped it at my feet, "Meow!"
                    That started it! LOL!
                    She was the type cat that was very vocal...sometimes a little too much but it was a lot of fun, too. We would "talk" back and forth..her meowing every time I said something to her.
                    A pound-kitty, I got her quite young and as much as a cat can, she fell in love with me...followed me around, cuddled, etc. NEVER turned on me like some cats will. She came with her name already attached so I kept it since she knew it so well.
                    Her name??
                    "Spyder"
                    Don't ask me! But... as I said, she knew (and came to) her name so I kept it.

Comment

Awe, georgeous baby. There are still wonderful things happening in our world!

Comment

Denise: I've been really busy with life lately. My daughter got married on June 22nd! We are so happy and blessed to have a son in law now.
                        Hi Denise! My daughter and son-in-law celebrated their 1st anniversary on June 22nd. They married on my birthday last year! Congratulations to your daughter and son-in-law!!
                        Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

Debbie W....... Congratulations on your new grandson! He is adorable!!
                          Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

Please stop the world – I wanna get off

So I ordered some parts (yes one of those stories !!!) from Dixie Gun for my black powder cannon and rifles........Percussion caps sit on top of nipples so when you hit them, they go Boom, The gun powder goes Boom inside the rifle or cannon ETC ETC then you get fried wabbit

Anyway, I pop the new nipple out of its child proof container and it rools under the refridgerator....
                            I get it out with a ruler then try to moove it back to me and it rolls back under the refridgerator...---further---
                            So I mooooove the refri ge.... no nipple anywhere... I cleanup the area and find it smiling at me several feet away......
                            ok, so I put the nipple in my rifle and I find that the nipple wrench wont work as the nipple is too long
                            … so I take the nipple back out of the rifle take the old rifle nipple out of the cannon and switch them......
                            Now I find the inside of the New nipple is not machined right as its hard to find the inside smaller hole to clean it.... I also find that the spring for my new percussion cap holder comes out the loading hole in its bottom... ---really easily---so I spend a while putting the spring back in......

guess I have it so it all works now....... and its just lunch time... hope I havnt hurt my back moooooving the fridge and the box it sits on.....

Comment

Ya know Lewis .. sliding a few rounds into my 12 gauge sounds a lot easier. I put in low brass and I have (sort of) a rifle .. mag round and it's a cannon.

AND .. I don't think they'd fit under my fridge.

Issachar
                              The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Maximize this to the largest screen you have...majestic!
                                I so well remember my dad telling us children that no one can enjoy God's majestic creation like Christians can...I agree.

I tried to make it a standalone video instead of the play-list...sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X